Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Telos Jedi Academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Godric Volturi
10-11-2009, 7:40 PM
Well, as the name implies, it is a Jedi Academy on Telos. :p Now I mean, obviously Atris' home is a Jedi Academy so I'm just adding bits and pieces to that... :) A lot of what I'm going to do is going to be a surprise, but I'll just let you know some things...

1.) Lightsaber Parts for the lightsaber is going to be found in a pile of parts called "Lightsaber Parts" which is going to have all the lightsaber parts, just in case you skip the Citadel Station. ;)

2.) Holocron is going to have a Jedi Master spring from it and teach the PC a new trick... and by new I mean NEW... I'm gonna make a new force power and the Holocron will teach it.

3.) I'm gonna spawn some Jedi Robes into the academy :p

4.) Either I'm going to put some crystals in the academy or put a crystal cave in the academy... like... it's concealed by something and Atris never noticed the entrance... but she was drawn to the place because of the crystals' power

Well... that's all I'm going to spill (for now)... when I find my copy of K2, I'll add them in game and then put up a couple of screenshots. :)
 Taak Farst
10-11-2009, 7:51 PM
Sounds cool!

As for atris never noticing an entrance though - I'm not sure. Maybe make some sort of quest for it instead of thaat - she sucks - but she isn't thick/blind
 Godric Volturi
10-11-2009, 7:59 PM
Ahah... well I guess that's just how you view her. I think she could have been a much cooler character, if it hadn't have been for the fact that programmers made her stupid... >.> But since they did that, I think that she's as lost in the galaxy as a kinrath pup away from it's mother... and as blind as one too.
 HdVaderII
10-11-2009, 8:21 PM
I like all the ideas you have, except maybe for the crystal cave part, it doesnt really seem to fit.

Well... that's all I'm going to spill (for now)... when I find my copy of K2, I'll add them in game and then put up a couple of screenshots. :)

That might be a crucial part there :)
 Darth Cryptic
10-11-2009, 8:23 PM
Could have the cave entrance on the plateau top like someone else's mod
 Godric Volturi
10-11-2009, 8:24 PM
I know it doesn't really fit, but it wouldn't make sense for a couple of crystals to be growing out of metal. ahah...

And yeah, I know. My little brother had it last, he installed it on the home computer... and now I can't find it. >< But I have most of the stuff created... I just need the scripts to place everything. :xp:
 Watcher07
10-12-2009, 2:28 AM
The area you find T3 in is largely unused short of the worktables and is a science/lab area. You could say the crystals were the result of a scientific study, or the purpose of it. If they are the result, you could make them unique and slightly less powerful than normal ones so you don't have an uber saber early on, it would inspire them to be changed out when you get the chance. You could also use it as a chance to find most of the parts for the saber except for one that you can slip into the saber convo with Bao-Dur at which point he'll give you the last part for the construction of it.

Atris though is a Jedi Master who has focused exclusively on teaching Echani and not allowing them to learn Jedi arts, so lightsaber parts, crystals, and robes would be out of place just laying around. The idea of them being studied though helps make it a little more in place, the idea of learning your enemies' ways to better combat them. With that though also comes the possibility of the "test" crystals and robes being designed to boost willpower or some such, essentially nullifying force powers.

Those are just a couple ideas for your mod, though the direction you're taking it already sounds very good and I look forward to seeing it.
 Godric Volturi
10-12-2009, 8:51 AM
Haha... well the crystals are color crystals... the basic ones that are seen throughout the films. Blue, Green and Red. :xp: Because if you want an uber saber, you have to go find the crystal caves on Dantooine.
 Mandalore The Shadow
10-12-2009, 9:49 AM
This is a great Idea I can't wait to see it finished
 Darth Payne
10-12-2009, 3:15 PM
I'm looking forward to this mod.

On the first point? Is that going to include all of the default saber parts in addition to the parts needed to build the first saber?
 DAWUSS
10-12-2009, 3:53 PM
Haha... well the crystals are color crystals... the basic ones that are seen throughout the films. Blue, Green and Red. :xp: Because if you want an uber saber, you have to go find the crystal caves on Dantooine.

If that's the case you may as well have it in a container instead of growing out of a cave. $0.02
 Godric Volturi
10-12-2009, 5:51 PM
And by all the default saber parts you mean?

It will have all of the lightsaber parts you will need to build your first one... and possibly even a special crystal that will make the lightsaber yours specifically, like the USM does with Handmaiden, Mira and so forth. :) I haven't decided yet.
 Darth Payne
10-12-2009, 6:37 PM
I meant the parts you'd use to upgrade the saber after you've built it.
 Godric Volturi
10-12-2009, 6:52 PM
Oh. Haha... no. It will just be the required parts. :p
Page: 1 of 1