Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Minor graphics problem.

Page: 1 of 1
 swfan28
09-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm having a minor problem with character head textures in both games. There are thin black lines going down the faces of many characters. The lines are most notable on Carth, Canderous and Mission in K1 and Atton in TSL as well as on several generic heads and they only show up when viewed from distance. Close up views appear perfectly normal and some characters don't show them at all.

I've tried adjusting screen resolution, vertical sync, refresh rate, anti-aliasing and 3d settings of my video card but nothing seems to work. Increasing resolution makes the lines less pronounced however. I'm using GeForce 9400 GT with 178.24 drivers. Newer drivers caused random crashes in both games and I usually didn't get through character creation with them so updating drivers is not an option. This driver version appears to be stable though.

The "Bioware Lines" appears to be common problem with other Bioware games as well as KotORs but I can't find any solutions for it by searching the forums. The games are playable since the lines are barely noticeable but they are annoying. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. I got rid of the lines by turning off "Conformant texture clamping", which was supposed to make texture boundaries look better while improving performance. Hopefully this will help others get rid of this fairly common issue as well. I also recommend the 178.24 drivers for fixing the crashing issues with newer nVidia cards. KotOR 1 hasn't crashed once on me since I installed this driver. Haven't tested it with TSL very thoroughly yet though.
Page: 1 of 1