Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two Basic Questions about KoTOR

Page: 1 of 1
 CrisG
09-05-2009, 3:28 AM
I have reinstalled and am replaying KoTOR to study the restoration mods and other great work.

Two basic questions, one i forgot and one i never knew...

in the patch update notes it says that the GUI will be hidden during screenshots.... how do we take screenies again? and how do we access this hide the GUI feature?

[Game Options]
EnableScreenShot=1
GUIsInScreenShot=0

and is there a way to "free look"? i would like to look UP into the sky in Taris and look around more freely? is there a mod or a way to do this? thanks for any help on these two things.
 The Betrayer
09-05-2009, 3:34 AM
1. Modify the "swkotor.ini" file in your KotOR folder with notepad. Change the 0 in the EnableScreenshot field to 1, and the 1 in GUIsInScreenShot to 0. (If GUIsInScreenShot is not found, add the "GUIsInScreenShot=0" line under Game Options.) Once this is done, pressing the Print Screen button while in game will save TGA image files in the KotOR folder.

2. Caps Lock = free look.
 CrisG
09-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Darth, thank you so much. I am so grateful. I was too shy to ask about the free look the first time i played thru and studied the game. that will be such a treat. Really appreciate it. :)

i was able to make those changes to the GUI for screenshots and the screenshot enableer. I noticed that we can also opt to turn off the GUI in game, how does that work when we need to set an action for combat, etc? it would be nice to have the screen free for play but was not sure how it would work. Can anyone share who does this?
 The Betrayer
09-05-2009, 9:02 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, but if GUIsInScreenShot=0 in your swkotor.ini file, then your screenshots with printscreen automatically have no GUIs.
 CrisG
09-06-2009, 12:10 PM
ys, i understand that part. I then saw that there is a setting for No GUI at all i think in the Ini, it is set at 0 by default so the GUI is there all the time, but i just wondered if they had intended there be a way for us to play without the GUI things on the screen somehow, maybe with hot keys for the various things that the GUI does in game. I was also wondering if it is possible to move in Free look, :) just wondering and thinking, such a lovely game ...again I am reminded. I am currently just walking around in Taris looking at the amazing things to see. Including those tiny lights on the tiny ships flying over head.
Page: 1 of 1