Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skill Bonus/Attribute Confusion

Page: 1 of 1
 AdmiralMotti89
08-25-2009, 7:13 PM
I usually play a fairly balanced character, but recently I started one that focuses mainly on const. and Strength. I have an 8 for wisdom, and have 7 applied to my Treat Injury at the moment. I have looked on many sites and in the manual and cannot figure out how exactly Attributes and skills interact. I have a -1 bonus to treat injury. If i have a 10 for wisdom, what would my bonus be? Also more genrally to help in the future, how exactly do these two things (Skills and attributes) intereact, and where can I find information about them, such as charts or something similar? Thanks for any info.
 Agincourt
08-26-2009, 8:26 AM
Skills are related to your attributes. If you have a dexterity of 8, you'll see a (-1) bonus that goes to everything related to agility. Defense will suffer, ranged weapons, stealth skills will all suffer by 1 point. If you improve dexterity to 14, you'll get a (+2) bonus for everything related to dexterity.

Wisdom and charisma are related to the number of force points you get per level in the first game. Charisma has little influence in the second game, mind you. A higher intelligence provides bonuses to computer skill, repair, and security.

You can eliminate all the penalties you get by setting all your stats at 10. When you create the character, push your favorite attributes to 14, but don't go any higher, as it costs more of your original stat points. Your bonuses all go up by one for every two stat point you improve.

One other thing: if you use Force valor, you improve all your stats by 2 points. That essentially raises all your skills by an additional point.
 Darth Avlectus
09-04-2009, 9:25 PM
While I'm not an expert on RPG games by any stretch, I might be able to help here. You can usally find this stuff in game.

I usually play a fairly balanced character, but recently I started one that focuses mainly on const. and Strength. I have an 8 for wisdom, and have 7 applied to my Treat Injury at the moment. I have looked on many sites and in the manual and cannot figure out how exactly Attributes and skills interact.

Think of it this way:
Strength: dictates damage per hit (essential for melee and lightsaber) and chance to hit. Jedi/sith, and soldiers or anyone whom you plan to use up close.

Dexterity: Decreases your likelihood to BE hit and adds to your defense. Also is essential for ranged fighters. In K2 the finesse feat (once you have it) replaces some things strength grants you for close quarters.

Intelligence: determines your amount of skill points. Point granted every even number of attribute points. And affects a few other things. Certain levels allow for more options in dialog.

Wisdom: affects amount of force points jedi/sith characters have, primarily. Certain levels allow for more options in dialog.

Charisma: both on potency of force powers (dealing out as well as defending from), and unassisted verbal persuasion.

I have a -1 bonus to treat injury. If i have a 10 for wisdom, what would my bonus be?

You have to look at your skill and then see what its related attribute is in the description.

Also more genrally to help in the future, how exactly do these two things (Skills and attributes) intereact, and where can I find information about them, such as charts or something similar? Thanks for any info.

Bonuses are modifiers.

Read the in game descriptions--I know it is confusing at first but it's really not as bad as other games. The related attribute to a skill gives a bonus of points which are there in addition to what you already have.

I.E. High charisma will in turn make a good modifier for the Persuade skill--especially important if you are a consular as diplomacy and negotiation are your strong-suits as opposed to combat. Though you may consider how best to make your main character's combat. If you keep in mind the eventuality that your main character is going to face off against lightsaber wielders with force powers I think it should all be okay.

Intelligence will help out repair and computer use, etc.

Wisdom is for healing I think...
Page: 1 of 1