Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Character Addins

Page: 1 of 1
 Ulmont
08-23-2009, 5:49 PM
I was wondering if it anyone knows how to add new NPC's into RC using UnrealED. (No, not additional NPCs, new ones). I'm making a trooper enhancement mod which adds more clones throughout the game (since I found it odd that there was only like... 3 survivors on the Prosocutor, and about 20 clones on Geonosis), and I would like to add in ranked troopers (Sargents, captains, etc) instead of the same 'ol boring white-jobs.
 Gamma097
08-23-2009, 7:06 PM
I was wondering if it anyone knows how to add new NPC's into RC using UnrealED.

I have no idea how.

I would like to add in ranked troopers (Sargents, captains, etc) instead of the same 'ol boring white-jobs.

I can make and give you skins for the ranks.
 Ulmont
08-23-2009, 7:33 PM
I can make and give you skins for the ranks.

I'd appreciate that, thanks.
 Gamma097
08-23-2009, 9:09 PM
 Ulmont
08-23-2009, 9:24 PM
Mmmm... That looks nice. Can you darken the green just a wee bit? And do you know how to assign textures to pawn in the editor?
 Ulmont
08-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok, I think I just got it working. (I made my own version of a sargent, though I like yours better). I can't seem to get the shader working right though. I got it in game, though it doesn't get that nice shinny look. Odd.

Edit: Oops Sorry for the double Post. :(

EDIT 2: Hey, can you send me an un-alered copy of the geo_01a map? (I screwed up the demolitions Flibidy-gibbit so that you can't order scorch to blow up the bunkers) :S
 Gamma097
08-24-2009, 5:48 PM
I made my own version of a sargent, though I like yours better.

Thanks! BTW, it's spelled, "sergeant" not "sargent."

EDIT 2: Hey, can you send me an un-alered copy of the geo_01a map?

How exactly should I do that? Email?

Can you darken the green just a wee bit?

Sure.

Here it is:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=452&pictureid=4199)

And do you know how to assign textures to pawn in the editor?

If you mean how to replace textures with custom ones, yes.
If you mean something else, probably not.
 Ulmont
08-24-2009, 6:56 PM
How exactly should I do that? Email?

Yeah that'd be nice. (My e-mail is *snipped*). Oh, and do you know how to make a shader for the clones? 'Cause they look kinda odd without a shader.

E-mail address removed for safety reasons. Please send contact details through private messages in future - Astor

Edit: That's Okay Astor, I rarely use that E-Mail anyhoo. But thanks anyways. Oh, and NVM about that shader question. I figured it out.
 Gamma097
08-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, and do you know how to make a shader for the clones? 'Cause they look kinda odd without a shader.

I have absolutely no idea how. BTW, send me a private message with your email address.
 Gamma097
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I just looked through your albums and saw your ranked clone troopers. Good job! If you need any more help with skinning, I can help you out.
 Hooper
08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
just ask Hockey! he is the best modder! he can make a clone trooper skin and make yous skin :P
Page: 1 of 1