Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stealth and Better A.I

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
08-01-2009, 6:13 PM
If you have played metal gear solid, you would know how important staying undercover is. I was thinking that they could adapt a bit of stealth into BF3, perhaps you sneak around the battlefield and avoid detection until you engage the battle. take note i am not referring to the Bothan spy skill.
This would require a fair bit of good A.I to function. Nothing extreme like a caution meter that ticks away, or exclamation points bouncing up.

tell me what you guys think
 jawathehutt
08-01-2009, 9:12 PM
No. No. No. No.
Battlefront 2 has nothing to do with stealth. I wouldnt mind maybe improved AI that couldnt see you through blinding fog(felucia and dagobah Im looking at you) but when I play I dont want to spend an extra 5 minutes per battle not actually battling, thats pointless busy work to me.
 shukkoku
08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
yeah, sneaking around the battlefield is extreme, but what I was trying to get at was that we need way batter A.I that allows reasonable sneaking, if you dont want to battle a ton of droids, just sneak past without every single one running after you
 kalle90
09-01-2009, 4:41 PM
Doesn't BF already have some? Usually the enemies will go past me if I'm behind and obstacle so they won't see me, although every now and then 1 idiot magically notices you and draws attention to you. That's pretty much the only stealth on raging battlefield I expect to see
 GeneralPloKoon
09-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I wouldnt mind a stealth based class similar to the spy on TF2...but the class would have to be very weak and require close combat.
 jawathehutt
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
In terms of gameplay, I think a TF2spy like class would probably work, in terms of personal preference, I want to murder everyone who has ever even considered playing a spy in TF2 or a rogue in WoW. Fight me like a man damnit!
Page: 1 of 1