Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blaster makeover

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
08-01-2009, 3:50 PM
In the original trilogy, blaster were much more fatal and effective. They rarely fired rapidly because one or two hits would do it.
In the prequel trilogy, blasters were more erratic and were fired more rapidly. One explanation is that blaster technology could have improved greatly between the clone wars and galactic civil war.
Another is that it could reflect the change in weapons in the real world between wars.
Or because Carbines are "badass"

I think that in battlefront 3 the blasters are bigger, fuller, more satisfying, it shouldn't take more than 8 hits to kill a droid, Blasters should fire slower but use bigger blasts.
And also the reactions in environments should actually exist.
Possibly make the weapons more consistent. A blaster shotgun should fire more like a blaster then an actual shotgun, and a sniper shot shouldn't be a line that appears and fades.

tell me what you think.
 jawathehutt
08-01-2009, 9:10 PM
They should differentiate blasters and carbines. Give fast but weaker carbines to scout units like jettys and snipers as secondaries and give the bigger and more powerful blaster to regular troopers and mercenaries
 shukkoku
08-03-2009, 7:47 PM
yeah, but still I would like to see better shaped blasts, they had it pretty good in the leaked footage
Page: 1 of 1