Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

candidates roundup

Page: 1 of 1
 Young David
10-12-2001, 10:59 AM
Just trying to see who's populair. From the top ten of posters ... who would you most like to see a senator?

This doesn't mean anything actually ... but I think it's nice to see.

And I picked the 10 with the highest post-count because they are the best known (and because I can make a poll with max. entries)
 TieDefender75
10-12-2001, 1:27 PM
rhett helped me out alot of times when i had problems. so this is all i can do to make it up to him. Im voting for rhett! VOTE FOR RHETT
 JEDI_MASTA
10-12-2001, 2:16 PM
im for leon he basically designed it i think we should at least give him a spot in it because he has the most knowledge about the system
 Tie Guy
10-12-2001, 3:10 PM
I voted Ferg, he's been here a while and is on alot. He's also made...er....editted a bunch of avatars for people to use.

BTW, Leo's already gonna be the Chancellor, so its not even a question whether he is on it or not.
 crazy_dog
10-12-2001, 3:10 PM
Why does everyone forget me? :mad:

I am running for the Senate, so don't forget me... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I voted for Kvan, because I coudn't decide and he's a nice guy.:)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
10-12-2001, 3:21 PM
Well i didnt vote for anyone on the poll because my vote is for Tirion.
 Luke Skywalker
10-12-2001, 5:40 PM
Im so close to being on there. Im so very close. Anyways does anyone know, or has leon decided yet, how many people the senate with comprise of, Is there a limit?
 Darth_Rommel
10-12-2001, 7:17 PM
I voted for Rhett, he seems to be good senator material :D
 Boba Rhett
10-12-2001, 7:23 PM
Wow! 4 votes for me! I didn't even vote for myself. ;) Thanks guys!

Aristotle said there would be about 15 senators.
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 8:44 PM
Rhett has 4 vote:eek:
Wow...I have three...(Didn't vote for myself either)
Rhett...who would have thought;)
 Lord Tirion
10-12-2001, 8:59 PM
crazy_dog, they didnt forget you, he said he only listed the top 10 posters meaning the dudes with the most posts =P I am not up there as well because I just got here myself not too long ago. =)
 Luke Skywalker
10-12-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Wow! 4 votes for me! I didn't even vote for myself. ;) Thanks guys!

Aristotle said there would be about 15 senators.

Thanks Rhett for letting me know. That means basically we all have a good chance of getting in. :)
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 10:59 PM
Hey Luke when are you going to get your site up???
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 11:01 PM
posted in the Senate Rules
b) The Senate consist of 7 Senators to begin with, with the possibility of growth should our member-count increase as time goes on (and no doubt it will). The number of Senators is chosen on the basic principle of majority of votes. If a certain Senator would refrain from voting on an issue, the tie would be broken by the Chancellor.

c) These Senators are nominated by moderators, then voted upon in threads – threads that simply show the votes, NOT a discussion on those votes. This is done because such a discussion would inevitably lead to certain sour responses on certain decisions regarding certain people. The numbers will do the talking and are final once the poll countdown is finished. A poll over a nominated forummer for Senator would last a week to ensure most forummers have a reasonable chance of voting. Remember; most forummers only get online every other few days, if not even less. Shortening the time-limit on polls would undermine their chance to influence the Senate. These Forums are for all the members; not just the ones that post most often.
 Luke Skywalker
10-12-2001, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Hey Luke when are you going to get your site up???

Dont even ask.... I make quality sites and the stupid GUI tables arent working correctly. It looks awsome though I say tommorow FOR SURE itll be up :)
 Compa_Mighty
10-13-2001, 12:57 AM
But 7 senators was the plan when we were 167...

I vote for Kvan.
 Boba Rhett
10-13-2001, 1:56 AM
Well, Aristotle just today said 15. Didn't he? :confused:
 dr_death
10-13-2001, 4:56 AM
vote compa
 Luke Skywalker
10-13-2001, 10:07 AM
Im voting for all the people that were nice to me which is everyone who runs, Besides viper.
 Clefo
10-13-2001, 10:10 AM
I voted for Fergie..
 Luke Skywalker
10-13-2001, 11:12 AM
Hey Clefo your not going going to no 15 for very long Eets is right behind you in posts. Oh and Im voting for fergie too. I think everyone is. :D
 nXs_Terentius
10-13-2001, 9:02 PM
None of the above: Vote Tirion.
 Luke Skywalker
10-13-2001, 9:16 PM
Hes not on the list because hes not on the top 10 posters list... So vote me! And everyone thats on the list!

Vote COP because you know you want to.:D
 Lord JayVizIon
10-14-2001, 5:53 PM
i'll put my vote in for kvan. he's a pretty dedicated member and always puts in good post. plus, he's taught me how to play jk better and i've taught him good tips for swgb so there's already a brotherhood established there...
 Kvan
10-14-2001, 8:53 PM
I voted for EVERYONE! :D
Well everyone except one person...you know who you are ...
 xwing guy
10-14-2001, 8:58 PM
I voted for Tie guy, I would have voted for everybody else but I could only vote once so...
 JEDI_MASTA
10-14-2001, 8:59 PM
WHY WOULD U VOTE ON POST COUNT SOME OF US WERE HERE B4 SKYWALKER AND EETS(NOTHING AGAINST THEM) BUT POST COUNT DOSENT REALLY MATTER IM A DEDICATED FORUMER AND THERE ARE MANY OTHERS I WAS HERE B4 THE 200 MARK (IM A VETERAN FORUMER) LOL just saying that top 10 list dosent mean a whole lot im here but i read the posts and post when i wanna (and spam alot too ) so the poing of all this ...... post dosent matter:)
 Tie Guy
10-14-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
I voted for EVERYONE! :D
Well everyone except one person...you know who you are ...

Hey Kvan! That's not fair! I never did anything against you, well, not on purpose anyways. ;)

What was that thread about that embaressed you so much?

(I'm gonna feel like an idiot if he wasn't talking about me:D)
 Kvan
10-14-2001, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Hey Kvan! That's not fair! I never did anything against you, well, not on purpose anyways. ;)

What was that thread about that embaressed you so much?

(I'm gonna feel like an idiot if he wasn't talking about me:D)
:D Actually Tie its not you! Sorry, if you want it to be you, I'll have it be you ;)
Masta, I totally agree with you, its not about post count....its gonna be about popularity :( But hopefully since the mods are going to be nominating EVERYONE has a chance :)
 Luke Skywalker
10-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Masta my name nore Eets is on there. I for one don't expect to get on the senate right away. But to say that I dont deserve to be on it because Im not a veteran is not right. Im just as much of a dedicated forumer as you are. I don't judge people on post counts. Even though Tie Guy has a huge post count I don't care because I know that he is a quality poster. And I also know that people like endsub and Clefo are as just as dedicated as Tie Guy, You or anyone for that matter is. I also know that the senate is supposed to be a diverse place. So when you say that because Im not a veteran I shouldn't be on the senate you are being just as out of line as someone who says people with high post counts should be on the senate. Personally Im still voting for you and several other people for that matter and not all of them are on the top 10 list but because some of them are I know there personality better than someone who doesn't post as often. But I could also say that I know a person with 200 posts better than someone with 1000 because they might post high quality and length.

I know I was out of line in a perspective but thats just one way of seeing it. I meant that everyone on that list are good candidates for senate. And its just a coincidence that they are the top ten posters.
Page: 1 of 1