Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR Tool Script Error

Page: 1 of 1
 ROTNR
07-22-2009, 5:32 PM
Hmm... I keep getting an odd error whenever I use KotOR Tool's TXT editor. Every time I go to compile a script it doesn't work. I keep getting
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." is this because I am running vista? If you want a ScreenShot let me know.
-Pete
 Demongo
07-22-2009, 7:06 PM
Please post a screenie, I have Vista too, so maybe I could help you.
 ROTNR
07-22-2009, 7:23 PM
Okay, here you are =)... this happens when I use a script which I created and when I use a script created by someone else.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3319/73198130.jpg)

Thanks in advance,
-Pete
 Demongo
07-22-2009, 7:34 PM
When that happens to me, I click quit and when I start KTool again it works. But since you keep getting it all the time.........
1. Check if your file extension is .nss
2. Check if your script is correct
3. Destroy all viruses on your PC:p
 ROTNR
07-22-2009, 7:37 PM
well, I dnt think I have any viruses on my computer... although you never know. Scripts are correct for sure since I just copied them from my old computer where I tested everything and it worked. and the file's are .nss's... so I guess I'll just run some anti-virus software see if I can find some viruses then delete them =)
thanks for the help,
-Pete
 Demongo
07-22-2009, 7:42 PM
Yeah these are just "general helps" or something like that, but here's another:
Try to reinstall(or re-download) KTool and if it still doesn't work, try some other compiling programs(don't know the name, but they are at starwarsknights.com). And if you're still having problems, ask the people over here to compile your script(for example me:D)
 ROTNR
07-22-2009, 8:04 PM
Haha yeah, I didn't have any viruses xD but I did re-install it... and now it works great... wonder why the TXT editor was like that LOL =P thanks for the help
-Pete
Page: 1 of 1