Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you were on the Council would you...(longish)

Page: 1 of 1
 JediShadow
07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
This is a request by a Jedi Master to the Council. Please pick one of the options and your reasons as to why. Wasn't sure where to post this, so if its in the wrong area please let me know.

"I come before the remnant of our Council today to discuss a matter of grave importance. Before I make my request I beseech you to hear me out fully and meditate on what I have to say before you make your decision.

Our Order has taken heavy casualties with the latest incursion of the Sith into the Republic. Our Temple lies in ruins, our brothers and sisters lay slain, and the Senate has turned against us. Yes, we have earned a much needed, but I fear all-too-brief, respite with the signing of the Treaty…like me, I believe you know this tenuous peace cannot and will not last. The Sith want our destruction and the complete domination of the Republic and they will be coming…trust me they will be coming.

I would take a moment to recount the history of our Order, but I’m sure you know it all too well. Since the founding of our Order we have relentlessly battled the Sith. Yet, with every victory we grow complacent and overconfident. We continue to be blinded to the reality of how things are. The Sith come from the edges of known space to conquer and oppress or they spring forth from within our own ranks and cause irreparable damage to the Republic and the Galaxy as a whole. One thing remains constant…they always return.

Like a flower that blooms only to wither away, as long as there are those with power there will be others that crave it. And just the same, and I fear this is inevitable, as long as there are those that use the Force for good…there will be those that use it for evil and nefarious means.

Therefore I stand before you today and plead with you to allow me to create a taskforce to actively seek out, expose, and defeat those who would abuse the Force and threaten the Republic. I realize that as Jedi this duty falls under our mandate, but our numbers are thinned and we cannot possibly hope to be everywhere at once. It is my belief that a focused group of Jedi Knights small enough to move unnoticed will greatly turn the tide in our favor.

I thank you for your time and hope to hear an answer soon."
 Zerimar Nyliram
07-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I'd approve. As a conservative I am very pro-military and I fully support the snuffing out of any and all potential terrorism. The Jedi lost sight of this many times in their history and it cost them dearly.
 Trench
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Approve. Need I say more?
 Hallucination
07-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Deny, it's obvious that he isn't a good Jedi and shouldn't be a master because real Jedi don't make nonsensical similes.
Like a flower that blooms only to wither away, as long as there are those with power there will be others that crave it.
See, the first part describes cyclicality/decay and the second part likens that to balance, how does that work?
 JediShadow
07-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Deny, it's obvious that he isn't a good Jedi and shouldn't be a master because real Jedi don't make nonsensical similes.

See, the first part describes cyclicality/decay and the second part likens that to balance, how does that work?

To me all three parts talk about balance, maybe I just worded it wrong. The part about the flower was taken from yin-yang. Kinda like what goes up must come down. For every action there is an opposite reaction kinda thing. Balance.

Maybe I should have said "For a flower to bloom another must wither and die" I dunno.

I'm mostly concerned with people's choice and their reasoning for allowing or denying the taskforce.
 Astor
07-22-2009, 4:38 AM
Deny. While it is true that one of the Jedi's primary concerns is combatting the Dark Side, rushing in headlong without any proper analysis could cause more problems, and potentially loss of life, weakening the Order even more.

The Sith may be coming, but the Jedi will always rally to meet them - but dividing their forces would be a mistake.
 Da_Man_2423
07-22-2009, 5:04 AM
I'd approve. As a conservative I am very pro-military and I fully support the snuffing out of any and all potential terrorism. The Jedi lost sight of this many times in their history and it cost them dearly.

Approve. Need I say more?

What these two said. Approve.
 adamqd
07-22-2009, 8:53 AM
Fight Fire with Fire, Taskforce approved. The Sith Only fall when they are confronted, the fact they they may again return is out of the Council's control, and the lesser of two Evils. The Sith's very existence is to go against what the Jedi stand for, they must be stopped.
 Demongo
07-22-2009, 9:49 AM
Approve. There is nothing more to say.
 Hunted
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, we have earned a much needed, but I fear all-too-brief, respite with the signing of the Treaty…like me, I believe you know this tenuous peace cannot and will not last.

And just the same, and I fear this is inevitable, as long as there are those that use the Force for good…there will be those that use it for evil and nefarious means.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Request denied.
 Master Shake
07-22-2009, 4:37 PM
Approve, they just destroyed our temple dammit!
Page: 1 of 1