Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Breathing some life into the Boards.

Page: 1 of 1
 Astor
07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Any ideas, people?

We all love RC, and we like discussing it (even if we do have our differences of opinion once in a while).

So, my hope with this thread is that we can discuss some ideas for breathing some life into the boards, and making it a fun place again.

Feel free to bring up ideas and suggestions, and we'll see where that takes us. ;)

AK.
 CommanderQ
07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Excellent choice of thread, Astor, this is very much what we need:D

Well, we could expand the RC forum, start little competitions, create polls that could be successful, and maybe even begin a small fanfic area. Those are just a few ideas we were tossing back and forth in the RC group.

We members just have to get a bit more involved in the forum, like posting more often.

Just some ideas, I'll probably have a few more later...
 TriggerGod
07-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, there isn't a lot that this community can do short of the books. The reason why the KOTOR section is so active is because its a mega popular game series, and its modding capabilities are steadily on the rise, and then the speculation about K3. With RC, the most you can do is play the game, and maybe make a skin of your total of your squard, a wookie, or one of your 3 enemies. RC is fairly limited it what it could have done, unfortunately.
 Trench
07-21-2009, 12:50 PM
*cough* Fanfics and RP's *cough*
*cough* An area for Mandalorians *cough*
*cough* A custom title for Te Mirdala *cough*
 Astor
07-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, we could expand the RC forum, start little competitions, create polls that could be successful, and maybe even begin a small fanfic area. Those are just a few ideas we were tossing back and forth in the RC group.

Expanding the forum is likely out of the question - there's just not enough activity to warrant any expansion. It would need a massive boost in activity for that to be an option.

Well, there isn't a lot that this community can do short of the books. The reason why the KOTOR section is so active is because its a mega popular game series, and its modding capabilities are steadily on the rise, and then the speculation about K3. With RC, the most you can do is play the game, and maybe make a skin of your total of your squard, a wookie, or one of your 3 enemies. RC is fairly limited it what it could have done, unfortunately.

Some good points there, Trigger. Maybe it's just hopeless enthusiasm on my part, but i'd like to think there was some chance of increasing activity here. Of course, that might not be possible, but it's worth a shot at least. ;)

*Fingers crossed there's an RC2 announcement on Friday* :p
 Trench
07-21-2009, 12:55 PM
*salutes* Permission requested to start an "official' Mandalorian thread sir.
 CommanderQ
07-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Expanding the forum is likely out of the question - there's just not enough activity to warrant any expansion. It would need a massive boost in activity for that to be an option.

True, but that's why I also said after that that we need to become more involved in the forum itself. Every regular RC Forum goer needing to contribute a good amount, every one of us. It'll definately be awhile until we can warrant expansion, but we still need to at least in some create more activities. It doesn't have to be extra forums, but it could just be specified threads. Just an idea.
 Trench
07-21-2009, 1:00 PM
Are people ignoring me? If I start a Mandalorian thread and place a link in my sig, that might attract some more attention. Especially if I say "official" in my sig link.:D
 Astor
07-21-2009, 1:05 PM
*salutes* Permission requested to start an "official' Mandalorian thread sir.

Are people ignoring me? If I start a Mandalorian thread and place a link in my sig, that might attract some more attention. Especially if I say "official" in my sig link.:D

No, i'm not ignoring you. You don't need my permission to start threads, but what would this thread involve?

True, but that's why I also said after that that we need to become more involved in the forum itself. Every regular RC Forum goer needing to contribute a good amount, every one of us. It'll definately be awhile until we can warrant expansion, but we still need to at least in some create more activities. It doesn't have to be extra forums, but it could just be specified threads. Just an idea.

And it's a good idea, Q - the problem, as has been mentioned here and elsewhere, is that there's less and less to talk about in terms of RC - it's just a case of finding some topics that haven't been discussed before.
 Trench
07-21-2009, 1:08 PM
No, i'm not ignoring you. You don't need my permission to start threads, but what would this thread involve?

I ask for permission because I am hoping to make a thread that will sort of act as a Mandalorian themed sub-forum. I didn't want to start a such a potentially large project without the approval of someone in authority.
 Dread Advocate
07-21-2009, 8:36 PM
the only thing that could be done and be somewhat busy would a fanfic section. as for TMM's suggestion, while i can agree that the Mandalorians are epic awesome amazingness with extra bad-assness, not everyone is a diehard Fandalorian (sorry).
 Master Shake
07-21-2009, 8:43 PM
Everyone loves Mandalorians,

some role playing would definitely help.
 Astor
07-22-2009, 3:29 AM
Okay, Mand'alor, if you want to set up an RP/whatever thread, then you can do so - but if it degenerates into a spamfest, it'll result in post deletions and possibly closure.

In the meantime, i've got some other news - the CCP will returning for a time, and if it's successful, it might stick around.

EDIT: As for fanfics, they'll have to be posted in either Reporting for Duty or Absent without Leave until there's a chance of them getting their own section.

Or, if you prefer, you can post them in the Coruscant Entertainment Section on the KOTOR Board. ;)
Page: 1 of 1