Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A cool idea for combat

Page: 1 of 1
 knight 12167
07-14-2009, 4:06 AM
During the movies,especiall ROTS in the final battle there is quite a bit of Obi-Wan and Anakin trying to push each other into corners.

I was thinking in the MMO that while figting a Sith/Jedi fight if you pressed the forward motion button on the keyboard the Sith/Jedi push at each other.This would make the combat seem more realistic.

This will probably never happen but at least I tried:)

Comments
 TheRogueForums
07-14-2009, 7:38 AM
Well, in the "Deceived" cinematic trailer, as well as the Developer Dispatches before-hand, we are introduced to Jedi and Sith wielding the Force during combat.

The best example of this is when the Unnamed Sith Lord hurls hislightsaber at the Unidentified Jedi - which the Jedi dodges, and the Sith Lord pushes him through a pile of rubble, while he was in mid-air.

Oh, yes- Bioware will not let us down. You can bet on having the ability to tactically use the Force during combat.
 Gurges-Ahter
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
The best example of this is when the Unnamed Sith Lord hurls hislightsaber at the Unidentified Jedi - which the Jedi dodges, and the Sith Lord pushes him through a pile of rubble, while he was in mid-air.

I thought it was Lord Angral - is that not correct? Maybe I just assumed it was because they look alike and Angral was in charge of sacking Coruscant.
 TheRogueForums
07-14-2009, 11:12 AM
No, Angral was the one who landed near the Senate, and took the Chancellor. He was in charge of the overall sacking of Coruscant, but not "the" Sith in the Jedi Temple.
 Gurges-Ahter
07-14-2009, 2:11 PM
Thanks TheRogue - I appreciate the clarification. Now I'm more intrigued by the unnamed Sith who attacked the temple!
 knight 12167
07-15-2009, 2:19 AM
I didn't mean using the force

I meant having the ability to go into a clash of sabers and push your opponent backwards into corners or close to hazards
 Trench
07-15-2009, 2:35 AM
That would be a cool feature. But judging by the gameplay videos it looks like it won't happen.:(
 Titanius Anglesmith
07-15-2009, 2:42 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the more tactics they can put in the combat system, the better. I'd rather it not be a "whoever can push buttons the fastest" deal.
 Gurges-Ahter
07-15-2009, 2:54 PM
I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the combat system will be similar to the KotOR and TSL combat systems, which do not require any button-mashing to be effective.
 Trench
07-15-2009, 3:11 PM
Yeah, but with those you sometimes had to commit suicide to take out a guy who was stronger than you. The grenade hits him, and you.:xp:
 Gurges-Ahter
07-16-2009, 7:11 PM
Yeah, but with those you sometimes had to commit suicide to take out a guy who was stronger than you. The grenade hits him, and you.:xp:

I pretty much never used grenades, so I never noticed that. When I did use them it was from a distance (aren't they supposed to be ranged weapons?), so I never experienced any collateral damage.
Page: 1 of 1