Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod: Visual effects to indicate influence/alignment shifts in conversations

Page: 1 of 1
 WRFan
07-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I created a mod that will apply visual effects to all characters involved in a conversation when your main character's influence with one of your companions or her alignment (lightside shift/darkside shift) changes. This way you can see right away what replies cause influence/alignment shifts, because it's not always clear.

The visual effects are applied to all characters involved in a conversation, since you never know who will be in camera focus (on-screen) when the change occurs.

I couldn't find out how to apply the original visual effects that are displayed when your alignment changes (hardcoded?), so I use the following visual effects:

Influence increase: Valor VFX
Influence decrease: Force Body VFX
Lightside points: Heal VFX
Darkside points: Poison VFX

The effects stack with each other, so if your character says something that both increases/decreases his alignment and influence, 2 effects will be displayed simultaneously.

Download and extract these files into the Override directory:

http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/kotor/vfx_alignment_infl_shifts.zip)
 JuniorModder
10-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Insta-download!

I'll try it out in the morning!
 Kainzorus Prime
10-05-2009, 1:25 AM
Screens.
 Mr. Shadow
10-19-2009, 2:23 AM
Awesome! This mod has a permanent spot in my override. Great job on the mod.
Page: 1 of 1