Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Luxa Reskin

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
06-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Just a simple little mod, nothing too extraordinary.
From the ReadMe:
A Luxa Reskin
~~~~~
By: TriggerGod (aka BIOShazard)
~~~~~
Description: Its just a Luxa Reskin. More details? This mod reskins Luxa's face to have a bit more definition, and than I gave Luxa a new body using the Twin Sun's costume (the blue one's)
Install: Drop both files into your override folder. If you don't have an Override folder, make one, or patch your game.
Uninstall: Remove both files from your override.

Comments: I liked doing this mod ;D

Permissions: You can use this mod in whatever mod you want, just give me credit where credit is due. :)

Disclaimer: this mod isn't endorsed by LucasArts or Obsidian or Bioware or some other random company that I'm too lazy to think of right now. Oh, and all that other legal stuff. Just, imagine it right here.

KFiles link (When its up)
Mirror (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjunvgdijmi)

Screenshots:
http://f.imagehost.org/0752/screen1.jpg)
http://f.imagehost.org/0306/screen2.jpg)
http://f.imagehost.org/0207/screen3.jpg)
 Chevron 7 locke
06-30-2009, 1:17 AM
Looks excellent Trigger :D I like what you did with the eyes.
 Trench
06-30-2009, 1:18 AM
Nice one Trigger! Now it looks like she could actually engage in close combat, and she looks less like some sleazy cantina dancer.
 Lord of Hunger
06-30-2009, 1:47 AM
Permanently in my override. Well done TriggerGod!
 VarsityPuppet
06-30-2009, 2:02 AM
Nice, I always hated the default clothing she was wearing. It looks good... but all these leather mods kind of take away from the uniqueness of the Twin Suns models.

Nothing wrong with your mod though... in fact it looks fantastic! It's just me.
 Darth Payne
06-30-2009, 6:08 AM
Whoa, nice one TriggerGod.
 redrob41
06-30-2009, 6:13 PM
Looks good from the screenshots. It's amazing what a little tweek in the contrast or levels can do ;). Her eyes look much more lively now, and she seems to be wearing some high-gloss lipstick. The only down side is her eyebrows are a little too dark, and have lost some detail. Nice job on the body's skin tone change; it really matches her face well (tho it's a touch blotchy/pixely).

I haven't tried it in-game yet (I still haven't unpacked after moving), but I remember that Luxa always had a problem on my computer. The UVW map for her teeth was messed up, and referenced a different texture. Has anyone else had this problem? I know all it would take is a quick edit of the .mdl, but I never got around to it myself (I was also going to re-do the hair uvw so it didn't look so messy).
 TriggerGod
06-30-2009, 6:45 PM
The only down side is her eyebrows are a little too dark, and have lost some detail. Nice job on the body's skin tone change; it really matches her face well (tho it's a touch blotchy/pixely).
As for the eyebrows, I probably could've edited them a bit better. And as for the body, I noticed the blotchy-ness after I released it. I'll do a little clone stamping of the skin tone so that it doesn't look like colored snow (on the teevee)

(I was also going to re-do the hair uvw so it didn't look so messy).
Yeah, another downside of my skin is that it really defines the hair. So much that it reveals Bioware's bad UV Mapping of the original head. Unless that map is perfect. In which case, it would be Obsidian's fault. I also planned to make some edits to her hair map, which I'll do once I fix my 3ds Max (again)

When I finish her editing her clothing, I might make it so that she'll be selectable as a PC. This morning, I got a request via PM to make it so that Luxa will be a chiss. I took his request, and than I decided that if I am going to play as Luxa as my PC, then the chiss version of her will be the standard Luxa.
 e-varmint
07-01-2009, 7:08 AM
Very impressive!!!:thmbup1:
 redrob41
07-01-2009, 6:03 PM
I noticed the blotchy-ness after I released it. I'll do a little clone stamping of the skin tone so that it doesn't look like colored snow (on the teevee)
You could probably just do a bit of a gaussian blur on her skin.

Yeah, another downside of my skin is that it really defines the hair. So much that it reveals Bioware's bad UV Mapping of the original head. Unless that map is perfect. In which case, it would be Obsidian's fault. I also planned to make some edits to her hair map, which I'll do once I fix my 3ds Max (again)
The Bioware original was not bad, but I think the Obsidian version was even more messed up. When I made my Echani, for K1, I fixed the uvw map a touch, but I think the TSL needs even more work.
 ojajebie
07-01-2009, 6:13 PM
Thanx, one of my favourite Zeltron looks even better now.
 TriggerGod
07-01-2009, 9:52 PM
You could probably just do a bit of a gaussian blur on her skin.
I'll try that out. I find it a little funny that in order to get my skin just right, I had to use a really blurred copy of my image, now I have to blur it again to get rid of the splotchiness :P

The Bioware original was not bad, but I think the Obsidian version was even more messed up. When I made my Echani, for K1, I fixed the uvw map a touch, but I think the TSL needs even more work.

I always thought that Obsidian just ripped the original model from Bioware, with no edits whatsoever. I guess I was wrong.
 memarik
07-03-2009, 9:33 AM
sweet reskin! good work :D
 .:Lord Revan:.
09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
It is awsome.
Page: 1 of 1