Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt 1.0

Page: 1 of 2
 Sithspecter
06-27-2009, 9:24 PM
Whew, over a year since I started this, and now I'm finally done. :)

I apologize for the delay that I've taken with uploading this, so now, without any further ado, the mod you've been waiting for...

GIZKA GUN 2.0! Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt!

Right now, for the 1.0 version, it only works with the masked model. I've included a disguise for anyone that doesn't have one already.

KotOR Files Download (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Revans_Flowing_Cape_and_Belt_Fix;100561)
Mediafire Alternate Download (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hdp0l2r4l3j)

DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER MODS THAT ALTER THE N_Darthrevan.mdl/N_Darthrevan.mdx FILES! THEY WILL OVERWRITE THIS ONE!

Videos by Mr. Shadow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_0DmQRDfGg&feature=channel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZHvsYb9nU&feature=channel_page)

Readme:
========================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION
========================================

TITLE: Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt Fix
AUTHOR: Sithspecter
E-MAIL: sithspecter@hotmail.com

CREDITS:Settoken and Quanon for passing information that helped me in this quest, Kristy Kristic for helping me fix the lightning and camera issues, and Mr. Shadow for taking screenshots and uploading the videos.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Copy all the files in the folder of the Zip into your override folder

DESCRIPTION: This mod is a complete animation fix for Revan's robes. Right now, it only works for the N_DarthRevan model, and not the maskless robes. The animations have been a painful process, as I had to animate frame by frame. For your convenience, I also included a disguise for Revan.

Have a ball.

WARNING: Do not use any other mods that alter n_darthrevan.mdl/n_darthrevan.mdx as they will over write this mod.

Cheats:
giveitem g_a_mstrrobe08

BUGS: None known.

YOU MAY NOT PUBLICLY ALTER THIS MOD!

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Have fun. :)

I'm pooped.
 Chevron 7 locke
06-27-2009, 9:26 PM
It's...finally out. This really made my day :D

I'm pooped.

Take a rest...you really deserve it after all the hard work you've put into this mod
 Trench
06-27-2009, 9:31 PM
Kandosii! Vor'e ner'vod! This is awesome Sithspecter! This goes in my Override forever!:D
:bow: I grovel at your feet my master!
 Lord of Hunger
06-27-2009, 9:58 PM
At last...perfection!!!

SithSpecter, you might be pooped but you are also a god of modding. Sit back and enjoy your new throne. You've earned it!
 N**
06-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Great work! I love it. :D
 Time Lord
06-27-2009, 10:19 PM
My day has just improved. Great job:thumbsup:
 Canderis
06-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Perfect timing!!!
I was getting ready for a playthrough right now!
 Daos300
06-28-2009, 2:43 AM
Another must get mod of the summer! Congrats, SS, can't wait to try this out.
 Shem
06-28-2009, 3:30 AM
 jonathan7
06-28-2009, 5:00 AM
Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?hdp0l2r4l3j) (KotOR Files link available as soon as J7 wakes up ;) )

Well I was going to review it, but my illustrious leader Shem beat me to it! ;) Great work SS - having had it for testing for the past couple of weeks I can confirm this mod is made of win, brilliant work SS! Thanks for all your hard work, it's great to finally have a proper working Revan's outfit. For me, this is the K1 mod of this year.
 The Betrayer
06-28-2009, 6:06 AM
Does anybody have a vid/gif of it moving?
 eria
06-28-2009, 7:45 AM
thanks! it looks amazing!
 juansaman
06-28-2009, 8:24 AM
Great, Sithspecter, we all know how much effort in such a tedious work you have made. I will enjoy this to no end.
First BOS:SR and now this one. The last 2 months gave us a few surprises....

Thanks man!
 Sithspecter
06-28-2009, 8:40 AM
Does anybody have a vid/gif of it moving?

I've added in Mr. Shadow's two videos and deleted all of the screenshots.
 Darth_Yuthura
06-28-2009, 9:14 AM
I'm not one for mods such as this, but I recognize the effort that must have gone into this. It looks quite regal.
 HdVaderII
06-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Wonderful job SS! I appreciate all of the time and work you've spent on this project!
 Asteras
06-28-2009, 12:13 PM
AMAZING work, great going, its fantastic!! you cant imagine for how long i've been a forum lurker waiting for this! THANK YOU!
 JediAthos
06-28-2009, 12:43 PM
excellent work SS...I look forward to getting a chance to try out myself this week.
 ForeverNight
06-28-2009, 1:43 PM
Wow, I miss a day and this comes out!

Great work SS, glad to see that you finished it!
 lactose_
06-28-2009, 5:55 PM
Hi SS,

Thanks for persisting with the mod and finally getting it out! :D

Two things:
1) I compared this model with the other Revan variants in-game, and it seems a lot darker than the rest. Was the correct shader applied?
2) Is it possible to have another model, but using the pmbj02 texture so players can use a lightside version of Revan (I don't think this can be done by using MdlOps right)?
 Rtas Vadum
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Fantastic work. :) Is there a way to change the Darth Revan texture the model uses? As it is, adding a edited N_DarthRevan01.tga into the override doesn't change the texture.
 Lucied
06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
this is amazing but i do have a question, i just tried to have both of thse installed

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197271)

and this mod and i dont think they are compatible and i was wondering if they could even be made compatible?
 N**
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Fantastic work. :) Is there a way to change the Darth Revan texture the model uses? As it is, adding a edited N_DarthRevan01.tga into the override doesn't change the texture.
Renaming N_DarthRevan01.tga to pmbj01.tga should work. I think it uses pmbj02 as well, but I'm not sure what for.
 Christos K
06-29-2009, 9:38 AM
this is amazing but i do have a question, i just tried to have both of thse installed

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197271)

and this mod and i dont think they are compatible and i was wondering if they could even be made compatible?

What is the problem you are encountering with both mods installed?
 Lucied
06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Well the robe is stiff as a board it has no animations
 Zerimar Nyliram
06-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Well done, man! I've been looking forward to this.

Question: Does this mod place Revan's robes somewhere in the game? If so, where can you find them? If not, what do you need to type in order to put them in your inventory.

Complaint: I would have liked to have seen in the videos how the cape moves when you walk instead of run.

Also, does this open the door to future projects? Does this mean that TSL-type Jedi robes complete with capes can now be designed for KOTOR?
 lactose_
06-29-2009, 1:39 PM
Hi SS,

Thanks for persisting with the mod and finally getting it out! :D

Two things:
1) I compared this model with the other Revan variants in-game, and it seems a lot darker than the rest. Was the correct shader applied?
2) Is it possible to have another model, but using the pmbj02 texture so players can use a lightside version of Revan (I don't think this can be done by using MdlOps right)?

Oh no, I've discovered something else - when Revan flourishes 2 lightsabers (one in each hand) while moving, the animation does not have the flourish sound effect. Is it just me?

EDIT:
Gah~ found another one when doing more tests... When flourishing with a double-bladed saber while Revan is walking (NOT *running*) the model freezes a la the Malak model when you do the same with him. No sound too.

Haven't tested with all the other weapon types.
 Sithspecter
06-29-2009, 8:11 PM
Oh no, I've discovered something else - when Revan flourishes 2 lightsabers (one in each hand) while moving, the animation does not have the flourish sound effect. Is it just me?

EDIT:
Gah~ found another one when doing more tests... When flourishing with a double-bladed saber while Revan is walking (NOT *running*) the model freezes a la the Malak model when you do the same with him. No sound too.

Haven't tested with all the other weapon types.

I will look into these problems. I'm not sure if I missed the double-bladed saber flourish or if Max cannot export it correctly. I recall that the regular flourish required no animation at all, the cape and belt are unanimated, which should mean that they continue their previous animation.
 Mandalore The Shadow
06-29-2009, 9:28 PM
wow its out i remember when you started work on this Specter nice job
 ganoesparan06
06-30-2009, 7:25 AM
Just posting this here as well because there seems to be a lot of people asking "will this work with such and such revan cape mod/model?" questions and with certain others spreading misinformation that it wont work I thought I would post so SithSpectre isnt driven mad insisting it does work.

I am not a modder and it frankly astounds me that I figured this out and people more experienced me havent clicked onto it.

Simply take the models from this and rename/copy them as required to make them work with whatever mod you are wanting.
For Brotherhood of Shadow make 6 copies of each file (mdl and mdx) and rename them as follows:

- PMBJL.mdl
- PMBJM.mdl
- PMBJS.mdl
- PFBJL.mdl
- PFBJM.mdl
- PFBJS.mdl
- PMBJL.mdx
- PMBJM.mdx
- PMBJS.mdx
- PFBJL.mdx
- PFBJM.mdx
- PFBJS.mdx

For the Masked Star Forge Robes, and Star Forge Robes rename them as follows:

- N_StarForgeA.mdl
- N_StarForgeA.mdx

Again as the models dont contain the textures they should work just fine. The maskless versions of revans robes work as well, but the hood continues to not be animated.
 ZimmMaster
06-30-2009, 9:30 AM
There are a few things that I need to bring to attention.

The walking animation could be a little different. If you don't know what to look for, it still looks stiff. If possible could the cape and belt be made to flow during the walking animation like in the Dantooine Runes vision?

On some of the saber flourishes, the sound does not play.

When engaged in dialog conversations in the reply screen, you see a close-up of the torso instead of the head.

In the character screen, when your alignment is light side your head starts to dissapear over the top of the alignment screen. I have not tested dark side alignment so I don't know what happens.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed. I just thought I'd bring these to the attention of Sithspecter.

Other than the issues I've noticed, this mod is great!

<snip> Thanks!
 Lucied
06-30-2009, 9:31 AM
For the Masked Star Forge Robes, and Star Forge Robes rename them as follows:

- N_StarForgeA.mdl
- N_StarForgeA.mdx

Again as the models dont contain the textures they should work just fine. The maskless versions of revans robes work as well, but the hood continues to not be animated.

ok i did this and now it just appears as the black revans robe instead of the white one? is it going to be like this because there is no texture on the models
i always thought the texture was something seperate from the model
 N**
06-30-2009, 9:36 AM
The model appears to be missing the supermodel descriptor, unless it's by design. I replaced it with the original S_Female02 and the issues that lactose_ described seemed to be resolved.

There's also a missing head spell hook or something, because the Force Valor VFX doesn't work. The BioWare N_DarthRevan.mdl has the same problem, but the maskless versions don't.

I would have tested the second problem a bit more, but I need to leave.
 R2-X2
06-30-2009, 9:56 AM
Wow SS, this is awesome! I've been waiting for this a long time, and now it's finally out!
 Carsew
06-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Simply take the models from this and rename/copy them as required to make them work with whatever mod you are wanting.
For Brotherhood of Shadow make 6 copies of each file (mdl and mdx) and rename them as follows:

- PMBJL.mdl
- PMBJM.mdl
- PMBJS.mdl
- PFBJL.mdl
- PFBJM.mdl
- PFBJS.mdl
- PMBJL.mdx
- PMBJM.mdx
- PMBJS.mdx
- PFBJL.mdx
- PFBJM.mdx
- PFBJS.mdx

Which files do I copy, the one from BOS or this? Great mod, btw!
 Sithspecter
06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
The model appears to be missing the supermodel descriptor, unless it's by design. I replaced it with the original S_Female02 and the issues that lactose_ described seemed to be resolved.

There's also a missing head spell hook or something, because the Force Valor VFX doesn't work. The BioWare N_DarthRevan.mdl has the same problem, but the maskless versions don't.

I would have tested the second problem a bit more, but I need to leave.

I thought that had added the supermodel assignment, but I will test out your solution.

I will also look into the Force Valor problem.

SS
 Rtas Vadum
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Does this mod place Revan's robes somewhere in the game? If so, where can you find them? If not, what do you need to type in order to put them in your inventory.

It doesn't place them anywhere in the game. You need to use the Cheat console to get the robes. Once the cheats are enabled, just input "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe08", without the quotes.
 ZimmMaster
06-30-2009, 2:55 PM
Which files do I copy, the one from BOS or this? Great mod, btw!

You make six copies of the .mdl and .mdx fixes made by Sithspecter and rename them to the files from the BoS.
 ganoesparan06
06-30-2009, 6:22 PM
ok i did this and now it just appears as the black revans robe instead of the white one? is it going to be like this because there is no texture on the models
i always thought the texture was something seperate from the model

Your right.

How weird.

I always thought that the texture (txi and tga files yes?) was seperate from the model and thus the model wouldnt affect it.

Strange.
 N**
06-30-2009, 7:29 PM
I thought that had added the supermodel assignment, but I will test out your solution.
I tried this again, and it didn't work. I must have exported it this morning without animations and somehow not noticed. I'm sorry. :(
 R2-X2
07-01-2009, 7:26 AM
Your right.

How weird.

I always thought that the texture (txi and tga files yes?) was seperate from the model and thus the model wouldnt affect it.

Strange.

In this case it's already in the mdl/mdx. Because of that, all robes will look like the original one.
 N**
07-01-2009, 9:42 AM
Yeah... the texture is of course named in the model, but not embedded.

I only half understood this discussion. If you're trying to replace Grey_Ghost's model with this one and retain the "light-side" texture, then you need to:
A) Use a hex editor (HxD (http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/) is my favorite lightweight one) on the new N_StarForgeA.mdl and replace "pmbj01" with "N_StarForgeA01".
B) Copy N_StarForgeA01.tga and rename the copy to pmbj01.tga.
 deathdisco
07-01-2009, 10:32 PM

A) Use a hex editor (HxD (http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/) is my favorite lightweight one) on the new N_StarForgeA.mdl and replace "pmbj01" with "N_StarForgeA01".

When hex editing textures you have to use the same number of characters (in this case 6) in your texture name. Otherwise you'll nerf the model. ie: rename the texture N_StarForgeA01 to something like pmbj99 and replace pmbj01 in the *.mdl
 N**
07-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I was under the impression NWN's model file format contained no internal offsets such as PE files do, letting you safely resize it by inserting X bytes.

I have noticed before however, that MDLOps' binary exporter writes a large amount of null bytes after strings; if I'm wrong about the above, you can most likely overwrite them safely. KotOR's importer should terminate the texture string at the first null (0x00) byte found.
 Nick Vader
07-02-2009, 9:10 AM
W-O-W !!!!!!!!! Fantastic ! Permanent possision in my Override Folder !!!

Great work !!!

Still can't believe it! (-passing out on the floor after downloading-)

:thmbup1:
 LordEurope
07-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Incredible mod by all accounts but is it just me or is the textures of Revans robe poor? looks like it is lacking lightning/shaders. Is it possible to just get the animations and use other textures for the robe?

The camera bug where it focuses on the chest instead of the head in conversations is incredibly annoying. Is there anyway to fix that?
 ZimmMaster
07-03-2009, 7:02 PM
Incredible mod by all accounts but is it just me or is the textures of Revans robe poor? looks like it is lacking lightning/shaders. Is it possible to just get the animations and use other textures for the robe?

The camera bug where it focuses on the chest instead of the head in conversations is incredibly annoying. Is there anyway to fix that?

It seems fine to me but it does appear a little darker with me though. Not nearly as dark as Shem's Darth Revan mod though. More like a somewhat darkened version of the Revan's Robes Fixed mod that I believe the BOS:SR uses.
 Dogman665
07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
When i install this mod, Revan's Robes instantly turn black and white and the entire robe is untextured. Everything else seems to work fine though. Any suggestions? This could be a fault on my part, i'd just like to know how to get it to work again.
 Cabron
07-10-2009, 1:20 PM
Ive always disliked how utterly fake the robes looked, especially while running. This is simply magnificent; a permanent part of my mods for this game. I salute you sir!
 Char Ell
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Definitely will have to try this mod out. Considering how rigid the cape was before this is a vast improvement!
Page: 1 of 2