Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod combination - no turrets minigame+Bastila on Korriban

Page: 1 of 1
 WRFan
06-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I combined two mods into one file:

No turret mini game
Take Bastila to Korriban

In addition to removing the random turret mini games, I also removed 3 preset turret mini games (after the liftoff from Taris, after Leviathan, after the unknown planet). You can download the source files and the compiled files here:

http://home.arcor.de/wrfan/files/kotor/kotor1_bastila_turrets.rar)

extract to the Override directory.

If you are interested in taking Bastila to Korriban after Leviathan, well, this can be difficult. Open the file PARTYTABLE.res from the saves directory in GFFEditor, set Bastila (Index 0) to available. Then use the following script to make Bastila selectable and to remove the cutscene paralyse effect from her that is applied to her by Malak on board of the Leviathan:

SetNPCSelectability(NPC_BASTILA, 1);

Add Bastila to party (she will be stuck in a stasis), then:

object bastila =GetObjectByTag("bastila");
effect eEffect = GetFirstEffect(bastila);
while(GetIsEffectValid(eEffect))
{
int nType = GetEffectType(eEffect);
RemoveEffect(bastila, eEffect);
eEffect = GetNextEffect(bastila);
}

You can add the script to the Heal force power script, you only need to execute it once to remove the paralyse/stasis effect from her
 Lady_Revan
06-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks so much! I hate the mini game but I liked having Bastila and Carth bickering back and forth on Korriban to much to use the other nix the turrent mod.

As long as I take Bastila to Korriban before the Leviathan, I don't need to worry about changing any of the codes myself, right?
 WRFan
06-27-2009, 1:21 PM
As long as I take Bastila to Korriban before the Leviathan, I don't need to worry about changing any of the codes myself, right?

no need to change any code as long as Bastila is still available. Last time I played the game I lost Bastila to Malak before landing on Korriban, so I had to do it the hard way. So if you want to take Bastila to Korriban, it's recommended to finish the Korriban business before the Leviathan encounter, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to get Bastila back into the party
Page: 1 of 1