Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lying, Insults, and Spam

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Yuthura
06-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I withdraw it all. I caused the problem and actually got off easy, all things considered.

I did not wish to generate more aggravation, but I will cease with this and every other thread immediately.
 Lynk Former
06-26-2009, 1:18 AM
 Lynk Former
06-26-2009, 1:33 AM
well ...it is a baby...
 Jae Onasi
06-26-2009, 1:59 AM
So far, DY's up to 6 edits on that OP, for those keeping score.
 RedHawke
06-26-2009, 3:50 AM
You saw my post DY... I deleted it because I can see that you aren't here to see 'reason' or logic you just want to lash out against the big baddie you 'think' is out to get you.

I won't joust with you here but any and all bans are not taken lightly.

Also it doesn't matter what your previous ban was for, if you violate any other rule again you can be banned for a longer period because you are well aware of the rules but 'chose' to ignore them.
 Lynk Former
06-26-2009, 7:39 AM
To be honest, I have no idea what's going on... but what I can see is that some people need to get outside and get some fresh air... it's not good when you take the Internet too seriously.
 True_Avery
06-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Take your problems with the current government or whatever elsewhere. We're an internet forum, and are not kept to any solid code, constitution, or what have you. We're not elected officials, senators, or any other major seat of power. "public's outrage"? Public outrage are words you use to describe a senator stealing tax money. You really going to throw that around on a fan forum for a 6 year old game?

Go become a lawyer or a judge or something if you want to complain about something worth anything. If the focus of your attention is course correcting the corruption of a Star Wars forum then your time could probably be better spent watching paint dry, and frankly our attention would be better spent watching said paint than dealing with your angst towards our government or whatever vendetta you are venting onto us.

If you have a problem, contact a forum moderator. It is a debate forum, on a star wars forum, on the internet for heaven's sake. You are being treated within the rules, and your ban was 32 days because you were already a problem in my forum for the exact same reasons. Unfortunately, these events do stack and you are now sitting on your second strike. That is, unless you forgot I had to ban you for flaming when SWTOR was announced.

I'm not going to persist with this anymore. I cease now because there is absolutely no worth in a moderator's favor. I see there is no worth in the rules. Anyone who can will break them and there's nothing I can do to change that.
I am sorry that the unpaid staff felt itself unable to follow your demands then.
 mimartin
06-26-2009, 10:50 AM
There was nothing ignored. I saw the reported post, I viewed the post and I decided there was nothing offensive about the reported post. However, I did not close the reported post. I put the reported post under investigation. Another moderator (whom I trust and respect completely) saw you report the post for a second time and came to the same conclusion as me and closed both. In case you have forgotten I even sent you a PM explaining all of this (I still have it in case you would like to read it again). Somehow I would hardly call this being ignored it was just not handled to your satisfaction. I stand completely behind my decision and it is all in the Moderators Forum for the staff to see.
 Darth_Yuthura
06-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Okay... I don't know if it's more humiliating to continue or admitting how childish I've been acting.

I withdraw it all. I was an idiot to not just behave like a reasonable adult and generating lots of resentment from a lot of people was very hypocritical of me. How dare I? Whatever my feelings, I realize that if the world doesn't seem to work right, maybe the problem was that I was the one that had to be corrected.

On behalf of ALL the members I have offended, I apologize for my unreasonable behavior.
 mimartin
06-26-2009, 2:54 PM
I withdraw it all. I caused the problem and actually got off easy, all things considered.

I did not wish to generate more aggravation, but I will cease with this and every other thread immediately.
That is not what I meant by what I wrote here or what I wrote to you in a PM. The only thing I ask that you and everyone else (including myself) abide by the rules set forth. StarWarsKnight.com forum rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=690) and in the case of Kavar (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175866) and Rules for Political Discussion Forum within Kavar. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=192935)

I ask nothing more than that from you or anyone else.
 EnderWiggin
06-26-2009, 11:20 PM
This is all very confusing to the rest of us.

Just FTR :p

_EW_
 Blix
06-27-2009, 12:55 AM
This is all very confusing to the rest of us.

Just FTR :p

_EW_

Quoted for truth
 mimartin
06-27-2009, 12:07 PM
We aim to confuse, so our work here is obviously done. ;)
 Darth_Yuthura
06-27-2009, 2:12 PM
Okay... what had happened was that I had been agitated by a fairly minor issue. Instead of dealing with it more privately, or getting over it, I reacted to it in the 'suburban sprawl' thread and a moderator didn't take to kindly to that. I took that warning badly and reacted even worse than the first time. Then I got banned for a month.

Despite being welcomed back, I felt that I was not the only one at fault in the whole thing. And I continued to make that known. Then when I was told about how some perceived me after all the threads I've posted, I realized that I was doing the same d**** thing that I was complaining about.

When everything in the world goes completely wrong, maybe the problem is with you. I realized that if I just surrendered and admitted that I was wrong, it would be taken better than if I kept acting like before. Now that I have, I just feel better than when I assumed I was righteous in all this.

I take back everything I said or implied, for I was the one who escalated a minor issue into a larger one. I insulted other members without justification, humiliated myself, and I got off easy when those enforcing this forum could have come down much harder on me. I genuinely appreciate and respect their judgment and I will show the proper respect to everyone else on this forum.
 Rogue Nine
06-28-2009, 1:09 AM
 Q
06-28-2009, 4:29 AM
Let the derisive obstructionist smartassery begin! :D
 True_Avery
06-28-2009, 2:25 PM
Can we just move on? Apology accepted and all that good stuff, yeah, but can we let this issue, along with this thread, die?
 Q
06-28-2009, 5:43 PM
But jmac hasn't posted the picture of the red, white and blue dog yet.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
06-28-2009, 7:44 PM
 Rogue Nine
06-28-2009, 8:39 PM
I think we're done here.
Page: 1 of 1