Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck on rock puzzle in Escape from Monkey Island

Page: 1 of 1
 andos
06-17-2009, 2:02 PM
Hi all

I'm stuck on the rock puzzle in EMI where you have to roll rocks down the channels to land one in the lava pool. I've followed the instructions below, which are the same in about 7 walkthroughs i've checked, but I can't get this to work!

I've tried about 15 times, and I even watched a video of someone solving it on youtube and matched them exactly but I can't get a boulder to land in the lava! Does anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? The 2nd and 3rd rocks collide, but nothing happens after I throw the second rock into the left channel.

Thanks!

Pick up a rock and throw it to the Right canal.
Throw another rock to the Middle canal exactly when the first root twitches.
Throw another rock to the Left canal exactly when the next root twitches.
Throw another rock to the Left canal exactly when the final root twitches.
If the timing was right, the rocks will bump and one will drop in the center hole.
 Fealiks
06-17-2009, 2:41 PM
If I can remember properly, it's all about timing. Try pressing the button just before the root switches, dead on when the room switches, etc. Just keep trying a load of different combinations of timing til you get it.
 Bigsexy2009
06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Took me a while to do this puzzle like a long time, eventually figured it out but i dont remember how i did it now
 Fealiks
06-18-2009, 8:39 PM
andos, maybe you should watch the videos again, but instead of thinking about when Guybrush throws the rock, think about when you physically press the button.
Page: 1 of 1