Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

IGN Staff of Kings Review!

Page: 1 of 1
 elmanmasraro
06-12-2009, 10:16 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994513p1.html)

They gave it a 5/10 (Meh).
 CommanderQ
06-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Sadly, I sort've expected Staff of Kings to recieve a 5/10...

The idea looked cool, but I'm not sure it was properly executed. The guys at IGN said it correctly, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings had a lot going for it, and it was fun, but it just wasn't all that well executed. I'd compare it to Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, good graphics, possibly good gameplay, but it was shallow everywhere else.

Hmmm, a good attempt by LucasArts though.
 elmanmasraro
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Yes you're right, but the reviewer actually said the PS2 version was your best bet! With the comments I've heard about this version (and hell theres lots of them), I just can't believe it.
 CommanderQ
06-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that Staff of Kings may have at most gotten a 7 if they hadn't incorporated it with the Wii, I don't really think Indy works with that kind've environment:D I still find it interesting how the versions differ so much, LA keeps everyone on their toes when they do that...:D
 urluckyday
06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
5/10 SURPRISE!!! (not)
 elmanmasraro
06-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Come on! We're now only missing the PSP version! (...)
 urluckyday
06-13-2009, 1:28 PM
^I don't think the DS version is reviewed either...are you going to buy the PSP version either way?

The lack of reviews from the usual sites in general is troublesome...
 CommanderQ
06-13-2009, 1:32 PM
^^ I'm not sure that is a particularily good sign.....:D
 elmanmasraro
06-14-2009, 12:41 AM
^^I don't know. The lack of reviews makes me wanna kill IGN and all of those guys. But I THINK IGN will make a review of the PSP AND DS versions. Oh and please don't go to Lucasarts forums (they're RIGGED with SPOILERS!!!). Hopefully, I have only been spoiled of insignificant plot points, but you may be spoiled of the ending, for instance.
 urluckyday
06-14-2009, 2:26 AM
^Well...at least IGN has put up one review...most places don't even have reviews of the Wii version yet...

Unfortunately...it looks like the game is turning out to be complete garbage (minus the FOA unlockable)...hm...maybe they should have made the next-gen versions after all...*sigh*
 elmanmasraro
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
IGN and GameInformer are the only ones that have given the game a bad rating. Everyone else has given from 7 to 8 out of 10 (one site even said it was the best Wii game so far o.O) so maybe IGN rushed to have that review. (If you notice, the guy who made he review isn't the same guy who made the preview!) Please, The Tingler, if you're gonna make a review of Wii and PSP versions, TAKE YOUR TIME to complete it.
 urluckyday
06-14-2009, 2:09 PM
^I've seen several newspaper reviews online...and while I don't trust them...they are all unanimous "garbage" reviews...

Most are simply saying that you should only buy the game for FOA (Wii only unfortunately)

Doesn't look good for the game...
Page: 1 of 1