Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help working the tool

Page: 1 of 1
 alodude
06-09-2009, 6:03 PM
First time using tool. All I want out of it is to get a global.jrl file from " _newbif.bif" so that I can use the jrlmerge program, allowing me to use multiple conflicting MODs.

The problem I'm having is that, even though the path directory is in the right place, it isn't showing me the BIFs, RIMMs, ERFs, and SAVES. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

thanks
 VarsityPuppet
06-09-2009, 6:32 PM
In my experience, KotorTool has only worked when you have the game in the windows registry. After that, then you can change the directory path.
 alodude
06-09-2009, 8:05 PM
What's weird is that I don't see KoToR in the registry. Now why wouldn't it be there?
 VarsityPuppet
06-09-2009, 8:18 PM
I'm not sure.. that's strange. I'm assuming you did properly install it... er... you could try to reinstall it maybe, be sure to back up your save games, mods and whatever else.

Otherwise, the other option is registry editing (wouldn't recommend it), or import a kotor.reg from somebody.
Page: 1 of 1