Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best Dubs

Page: 1 of 1
 Serpentine Cougar
06-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Which anime series have had the best dubbings (into English or any other language)?

I haven't heard many dubs because they so often aren't that good, but my sister says the dub of Wolf's Rain is really good.
 Jeff
06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I think Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist have great English dubs. In fact I have only seen those series in English (and they are two of my favorite series). Another off the top of my head is Black Lagoon, though I didn't care for the second season of it in general.
 Lynk Former
06-07-2009, 7:38 PM
Last Exile and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex as well.
 Kuuki
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
you know, i still have yet to watch last exile... >.>

as for on topic, i didnt think code geass wasnt too bad, it's got a big voice actor cast
 Lynk Former
06-08-2009, 1:44 AM
Chobits
 Darth Avlectus
06-17-2009, 6:29 PM
I think Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist have great English dubs. In fact I have only seen those series in English (and they are two of my favorite series). Another off the top of my head is Black Lagoon, though I didn't care for the second season of it in general. Agreed. Though I must ask, what is your gripe with BL season 2? (Warning: have not seen it yet!)

Last Exile and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex as well.

Ah, GTS, another great one. While I'm not huge into it, I do appreciate it. Especially these.
 Aash Li
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I have a very low opinion about dubs, mostly because they suck, but also because I like listening to Japanese girls talk. :)

But the two that I always thought were top-notch were Cowboy Bebop, and... crap cant think of the name of it... the space western with the guy that had the arm that turned into a cannon and he always blew stuff up... it tried to be a serious anime, but should have stayed comedy.

Never watched Last Exile dubbed... I saw the subbed versions first. I liked FMA as dubbed as well, and have only seen Ghost in the Shell dubbed. So I guess theres four that are pretty well done.
 Kuuki
06-18-2009, 9:29 AM
I have a very low opinion about dubs, mostly because they suck, but also because I like listening to Japanese girls talk. :)

http://images.absoluteanime.com/rurouni_kenshin/kenshin%5B3%5D.jpg)

:D
 Darth_Tratious
07-14-2009, 4:58 AM
These are some that i think are great

Hellsing Ultimate
Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Eureka Seven
YuYu Hakusho
Darker Than Black
FullMetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bepop
R.O.D The TV
Deathnote
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece(i like the english more than the Japanese)
 Kuuki
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
im actually starting to dislike the bleach eng dub

just a few picks just dont seem to work right in verse the jap dub
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-17-2009, 9:51 PM
Anything, except Code Geass.
 Kuuki
07-18-2009, 12:48 AM
i'd have to watch the jap sub of code geass to make a judge of that one ...

^_^;
 CommanderQ
07-18-2009, 3:58 AM
I actually like to just watch it in its original setting, and just read the subs. This is do to the fact that the Japanese language sounds SO AWESOME. I mean, the way we pronounce our English words is in no way comparable to the awesome sounding Japanese words...even their offensive words sound cool!! Bakatare:D See...that bit is awesome:D

The Germans sound pretty awesome too, but that's a different story....
 RogueJedi86
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
These are some that i think are great

Hellsing Ultimate
Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Eureka Seven
YuYu Hakusho
Darker Than Black
FullMetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bepop
R.O.D The TV
Deathnote
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Black Lagoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One Piece(i like the english more than the Japanese)

I'm just gonna quote you for good dubs, since you list a lot of good ones. Adult Swim tends to get good dubs 95% of the time, so most of theirs count(which is most of your list).

But the two that I always thought were top-notch were Cowboy Bebop, and... crap cant think of the name of it... the space western with the guy that had the arm that turned into a cannon and he always blew stuff up... it tried to be a serious anime, but should have stayed comedy.

You're thinking of Trigun. It was the first anime dub role for Johnny Yong Bosch, who would in recent years become a very big anime dub VA, starring in the likes of such great dubs as Eureka Seven, Bleach, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass. I never watched much of Trigun, but I did like it.
Page: 1 of 1