Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Varsity/Venom Trando PC mod

Page: 1 of 1
 VarsityPuppet
06-06-2009, 2:16 PM
DarthVenom6 and I have been busy modding back and forth to build what turned out to be an interesting and great mod (in my opinion). Venom is without a doubt a great skinner, I like to think I am too, but who knows...

Anyways, we bring you the Varsity/Venom Trando PC mod
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/2cc3ee59e8.jpg) (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

A k1 version is included... apparently it's not working correctly, so just ignore it. This will be fixed later in an official update.

Download it Here (http://g.imagehost.org/download/0657/v_vPCTrandov1_1) via Imagehost.org

As you might have guessed, Venom made the Darth Venom skin, and I made the other one.

Venom's character is based off of his own created character, Darth Venom (who knew, right?) and it is nothing short of awesome.

Mine is based off of, yep.. you guessed it: King Dodongo, that rascally, yet ever so easy boss from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Credits go to:

Venom- Screenshotting, Venom Skin, 2da edits
Varsity- Dongo Skin, 2da edits

Enjoy, and leave feedback.

Anything to add Venom?
 Trench
06-06-2009, 2:21 PM
Kandosii! Nice one vod! You guy's did a really good job on this one! 10/10 and a place in my Override folder.
 Demongo
06-06-2009, 3:42 PM
Really nice work! I guess I will turn to the dark side soon:xp:
 Darth Payne
06-06-2009, 7:12 PM
Wow, this looks very nice.

Removed off-topic parts. Talking about a mods hosting is off-topic spam here, please do so Via PM's with the OP/Mod makers only. Thanks. -RH
 DarthVenom6
06-07-2009, 2:30 AM
For those who don't bother to check the Readme.txt file (everyone should, but some people may be a bit lazy like I am at times): I feel it should be noted that I joined this forum initially because I sought help in making Darth Venom a PC. While in the end I shared the responsibilities of file editing, initially all I had was a skin and a desire to learn. Without VarsityPuppet's invaluable assistance I would never have been able to make this possible. Thanks to ol' boy here I've grasped a new understanding of modding.

Also just a warning guys, I left finishing touches up to the Puppet, and only just downloaded his patcher version. I don't know if anyone else will have this issue or not:

When I extracted the patcher.exe it triggered my auto-protect/spyware quarantines. When i turned off my anti-spyware and unquarantined the file it showed up where it was supposed to be of course, and I guarantee there is no malignant software in the patcher. It just seems like an odd mistake on the part of my PC.

Thanks on my part to you guys who've responded already. Enjoy:thmbup1:
 VarsityPuppet
06-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Removed reply to off-topic posts. -RH

It's currently pending at filefront, but I'll put another link to that one once they approve it.
 Darth Payne
06-10-2009, 7:49 PM
 Lady_Revan
06-10-2009, 9:16 PM
When I extracted the patcher.exe it triggered my auto-protect/spyware quarantines. When i turned off my anti-spyware and unquarantined the file it showed up where it was supposed to be of course, and I guarantee there is no malignant software in the patcher. It just seems like an odd mistake on the part of my PC.

Thank goodness! My AVG keep saying the file had a virus or something.

Once again - amazing mod! It looks so much better than I thought it would 10/10

~*~Revan
 Koopa-on-Fire
06-10-2009, 9:17 PM
While it is an outstanding mod, it does appear to have a Win32 virus on it, that triggered my AnitVirus software as well. That does seem to scare me a bit, and makes me wonder why it only happens for this and not other modifications.
 VarsityPuppet
06-10-2009, 9:31 PM
Well, this is no good. I'm going to have to repackage everything with a clean non-virusy version of it. I'm terribly sorry for the inconveniences folks. I'll have it fixed asap.
 Darth Payne
06-11-2009, 5:57 AM
That is the best news i've had all day.
 VarsityPuppet
06-11-2009, 10:51 PM
The virus has been taken care of. Granted it ended up with me reinstalling OS's on two different computers, but finally it has been fixed. Also it should be noted that the file size has been beefed up a bit, and that's because a K1 version has been included.

Enjoy the unofficial update. This will likely not be uploaded to Kotorfiles unless a more major upgrade is made, or if it's ultimately removed.
 Trench
06-12-2009, 1:56 AM
Nice job on the quick fix Varsity. Stay on topic. -RH
 DarthVenom6
06-12-2009, 8:53 PM
The virus has been taken care of. Granted it ended up with me reinstalling OS's on two different computers, but finally it has been fixed. Also it should be noted that the file size has been beefed up a bit, and that's because a K1 version has been included.

Enjoy the unofficial update. This will likely not be uploaded to Kotorfiles unless a more major upgrade is made, or if it's ultimately removed.

Ah, good news. I'm glad you were able to fix it, and adding a K1 version was a good idea. Now it has more applications. Hehe, maybe it's time I finally bought the first game...

:eek:"Venom never played the first game??":eek:

Hangs head in shame. Yes, I'm afraid it's true.
 Trench
06-12-2009, 9:05 PM
*GASP* Venom didn't play the first game!:rofl:! Just kidding! You guy's did a really great job on this mod.
 DarthVenom6
06-12-2009, 9:37 PM
hehe. thanks man
 Mr. Shadow
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I've had this installed for about a week, it's a very nice mod! Though I haven't used for a playthrough yet, I probably will very soon.
 Trench
06-13-2009, 2:29 AM
I have encountered a problem with the K1 version. When I selected the Trandos from the PC selection screen, it shows the normal headless body, but the portrait is blank white. When I play the game, my character wakes up as a yellow Mandalorian and turns invisible upon the initiation of dialog with Trask. My character stays like this throughout the module. When I enter a new module, my PC is visible again, but takes on the form of the yellow Mandalorian again. The K2 version has worked perfectly for me thus far, and I am enjoying it very much. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I would be extremely disappointed if you guy's ever stop modding.
 VarsityPuppet
06-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, to be honest, I just kind of whipped the k1 version together and hoped it would work. Since apparently it didn't, I might as well look into making an official upgrade to the mod. I'll have to consult with Venom, but It'll at least have a good k1 installer, and maybe we can throw in some other skins and some extras and whatnot.
Page: 1 of 1