Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No news on PSP SoK?

Page: 1 of 1
 elmanmasraro
06-05-2009, 2:06 PM
Dammit.
 urluckyday
06-05-2009, 5:04 PM
I thought it was cancelled...

Now I've met 2 people with a PSP!
 elmanmasraro
06-06-2009, 5:13 PM
Well, we're only missing 3 days, so...
 elmanmasraro
06-09-2009, 1:56 PM
Gameplay video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ay3X6BET0)

Looks pretty cool :thmbup1:
 The Tingler
06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Sorry for taking so long with the review guys, I've got the PSP version and it's pretty good. The levels are a bit odd, as they're just "sections" of levels rather than an ongoing thing, so sometimes you're just in one room for a whole stage. Also, there's no Sudan and the opening exclusive stage is just a cut-down copy of a later stage. This makes the game pretty short.

However, it does have several advantages over the main Wii version.

1. Indy and Maggie O'Malley's relationship is much better explored, with their humorous arguing the highlight of the game - something distinctly missing from A2M's version.
2. Indy has his satchel, and called the bad guys "Nazis". It can't be over-stressed how much more Indy-feeling this version is than the Wii version.
3. While there's still a lack of connecting cutscenes, Indy links the levels with narration. This is far better than the Wii version, where no explanation is given apart from some written notes on the menu screen.
4. There's no frustrating moments like the now-infamous piano level in the Wii version.
 elmanmasraro
06-16-2009, 4:25 PM
Sorry for taking so long with the review guys, I've got the PSP version and it's pretty good. The levels are a bit odd, as they're just "sections" of levels rather than an ongoing thing, so sometimes you're just in one room for a whole stage. Also, there's no Sudan and the opening exclusive stage is just a cut-down copy of a later stage. This makes the game pretty short.

However, it does have several advantages over the main Wii version.

1. Indy and Maggie O'Malley's relationship is much better explored, with their humorous arguing the highlight of the game - something distinctly missing from A2M's version.
2. Indy has his satchel, and called the bad guys "Nazis". It can't be over-stressed how much more Indy-feeling this version is than the Wii version.
3. While there's still a lack of connecting cutscenes, Indy links the levels with narration. This is far better than the Wii version, where no explanation is given apart from some written notes on the menu screen.
4. There's no frustrating moments like the now-infamous piano level in the Wii version.

Don't worry about it, my friend. The point is you make a GOOD review, adn not a rushed one.

Oh, and thank you very much! You're the only one I've seen that has given an opinion about the PSP version! I think I'll buy this game.
 The Tingler
06-16-2009, 5:25 PM
If I can't get past this piano level, you might see a pretty angry review of the Wii version coming soon!!
 elmanmasraro
06-16-2009, 5:39 PM
Haha, many people have complained about this level. Good luck!
 The Tingler
06-16-2009, 5:44 PM
The problem is you have to have the patience of a saint to do it, and I just get angry and frustrated by it too quickly.
 elmanmasraro
06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey Tingler, I just wanted to ask you something: Do you buy ALL versions of Staff of Kings just to review them or just the ones of the consoles you own? (I mean, did you buy a PSP just for SoK or you had it already?) Just curious.
 The Tingler
06-17-2009, 4:14 AM
Heh, if I buyed the versions for the consoles I own, I would have had to buy all of them!

Nah, I just got the Wii and PSP versions. One at home and one while travelling/at work. The Wii's the main version and the PSP looked the most different, but still with good graphics.

I have only bought a PSP this year, but it wasn't just for Staff of Kings... although I do admit I kept it in mind! :P
 elmanmasraro
06-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Uhh... so... when can we expect a review?...
 The Tingler
06-18-2009, 4:27 AM
Today hopefully! :)
 elmanmasraro
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Really? That's great:D
 elmanmasraro
06-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey, a website called Digital Chumps has released a review of the PS2 version. But beware, that review is RIGGED with spoilers of the game!
 The Tingler
06-18-2009, 4:11 PM
Okay, the reviews are now up! (http://www.indyjones.net/) I'll set up a thread to chat about them all properly!
 Darth Zavier
06-22-2009, 2:57 PM
Thanks Tingler!
Page: 1 of 1