Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darkseed

Page: 1 of 1
 gos
05-28-2009, 5:43 PM
this is darkseed it's very weird and freaky and very hard adventure game
this is the floppy version I've added the music to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVwuNYfB9OQ)
 Serpentine Cougar
05-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks pretty freaky. I noticed in the credits:

Dark World Art - H. R. Giger
 Sabretooth
06-11-2009, 1:55 AM
I know about this game, was very intrigued by the graphics and the H. R. Giger-ness of it, but never got around to playing it because it is too difficult. That is because it has time-based events, if you miss doing something at a specific time, you've pretty much lost the game.

Many pre-LA adventure games tend to be unforgivingly sadistic like that. :(
 ThunderPeel2001
06-11-2009, 9:21 AM
There's only a couple of time-based bits and I don't think they're "game-breaking" either. I never found Darkseed to be that difficult?
 gos
06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
did you finish the game? alrdy?

its harder than sierra games
 Sabretooth
06-11-2009, 12:59 PM
There's only a couple of time-based bits and I don't think they're "game-breaking" either. I never found Darkseed to be that difficult?

Hmm, I don't know, most reviews I saw really played up the difficulty factor in the game.
 jrrtoken
06-11-2009, 1:40 PM
Kinda reminds me of DreamWeb (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/363/DreamWeb.html), another horror/cyberpunk adventure. It had great music and voice acting, and a somewhat decent plot, but the thing that really stood out was this annoying bird's-eye perspective it had. It's nearly impossible to discern what was what, and the whole depressing setting contributed to that.

But, hey, it had a sex scene, so I can't complain. :emodanc:

c6W1B_8lu2g
 gos
06-14-2009, 9:44 AM
btw, in the ending of this game, i wonder what happened to the worm...
the freak creatures tossed it in his ass then in the ending he did nothing to it.
its not worm i am just kidding but they put something in his forehead.
 LordTrilobite
06-16-2009, 4:34 AM
Creepy...

Reminds me a bit of Ecco the Dolphin.
Page: 1 of 1