Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Threat of Peace, Issue #7 and Fan Friday

Page: 1 of 1
 News
05-22-2009, 6:00 PM
Threat of Peace #7The seventh issue of Threat of Peace carries us to Korriban where Sith Lords Baras and Angral have returned from their respective endeavors. There is always discord among the Sith, and the tension between Baras and Angral promises to grow. Meanwhile, the Wookiee Dalborra and his captive, the Bounty Hunter Braden, are [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/threat-of-peace-issue-7-and-fan-friday/)
 jrrtoken
05-22-2009, 6:53 PM
Haha!

While we clash our lightsabers together, let me tell you what kind of day I had today!
 DAWUSS
05-23-2009, 2:16 AM
The storyline (or rather, the series of images that are supposed to make up a storyline) jumped around more than usual.
 Miltiades
05-23-2009, 8:24 AM
Yeah, I have a hard time following. Two pages here, two pages there, and at the end of the day, I still have no clue what is happening.
 Lord of Hunger
05-23-2009, 2:10 PM
The only problem I see here is that they are not making an online comic: They are making a hybrid of an online comic and a teaser of TOR's content. I think that they would be better off if they released six pages instead.

@ Pastrami X: Lol, really! :D
 DarthJacen
05-23-2009, 2:59 PM
Apply for a position with BioWare. That way, you can read the whole script.
 SW01
05-23-2009, 3:02 PM
The duel seemed rather...random, in that neither one came out of it too badly. Looked more like a brief, violent Sithy-hissy-fit.

And there is something distinctly odd about a Wookiee in boots. :lol:
 adamqd
05-23-2009, 3:08 PM
I liked it cus it didn't have any Troopers in it LMAO, meh TBH
 DarthJacen
05-23-2009, 3:11 PM
The duel seemed rather...random, in that neither one came out of it too badly. Looked more like a brief, violent Sithy-hissy-fit.

And there is something distinctly odd about a Wookiee in boots. :lol:

I completely agree with you on the Wookiee especially.
 Miltiades
05-23-2009, 3:32 PM
The only problem I see here is that they are not making an online comic: They are making a hybrid of an online comic and a teaser of TOR's content. I think that they would be better off if they released six pages instead. Yup, these short updates can only explore so much of characters that will be featured in TOR. What's worse, they try to tell the story from dozens of areas, with dozens of different characters, in those 20-something pages. What would've been better, is to tell the story from a certain point of view, following one person (or a Padawan-Master POV like in the PT, or a "team" like in the OT and KotOR games) who goes from place to place, and introducing characters and areas through interaction with that one person. Still, 3 pages a week wouldn't be enough in that case as well, but it would at least not be in the mess it's in, now.
 DarthJacen
05-23-2009, 9:52 PM
I agree, even starwars.com had a better way of tell the story of Logan.
 Tommycat
05-24-2009, 8:18 PM
Ah.. yet another episode of the Why-Bother-Web-Comic. I mean seriously. there's like no story, no character development, the action is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
 Rathoris
05-25-2009, 3:58 PM
fan fryday was a joke and the comic has continued to be epic failsauce. I wasn't expecting much with E3 coming up but you'd think Bioware would be nicer to us :( .
 Rinku
05-25-2009, 4:45 PM
Ah.. yet another episode of the Why-Bother-Web-Comic. I mean seriously. there's like no story, no character development, the action is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yeah this is not going so well...This is making all hype I have about the game gone :(

I have seen 1st time manga stories (that were made in 1 week) that are better than this, and those were made by people not getting paid.
 Tommycat
05-25-2009, 5:26 PM
I think it's because they are taking on too many stories. With the number of stories they are tackling 3 panes is not enough. It just becomes a jumbled mess.
 adamqd
05-25-2009, 6:18 PM
I think they should worry about making the actual game not suck infinity before they start making crap comics.

I still wonder what in Gods name (Apart from long term cash) made them think an MMO was the way to go??

I've never read a post in a forum saying 'Hey, wouldn't it be great if KotOR 3 was an MMO??'. They obviously did :(
 Rinku
05-25-2009, 8:02 PM
I think it's because they are taking on too many stories. With the number of stories they are tackling 3 panes is not enough. It just becomes a jumbled mess.

Yeah that makes sense. Personally I think it would be a bit better if they made each weekly comic focus on a specific topic instead of have these multiple topic in 3 panes.

OT:
I've never read a post in a forum saying 'Hey, wouldn't it be great if KotOR 3 was an MMO??'. They obviously did :(

Well, I did ask if there was a way to make a mod to have KotOR 1 have an online feature... :migraine: I hope that didn't influence them :xp: (jk - I know it didn't)
 Tommycat
05-25-2009, 11:02 PM

You should have been on the SWG forums. PLENTY of people there said it.
 DAWUSS
05-26-2009, 9:55 AM
Wasn't there a novel in the works? Hopefully THAT comes out better than the comic
 TKA-001
05-26-2009, 1:31 PM
The Sith Academy on Korriban, because nobody ever gets tired of Korriban.

Hurr hurr, our Sith Emperor has "forseen" things! How mysterious and suspenseful!

Spend a page hearing about a day in the life of Lord Bertie Baras, whom nobody gives a **** about.

What exactly makes these Sith the "True" Sith? There's nothing special about them. All of them are even human so far.

"What-ho, Bertie!"
"What-ho, Angral!"
"What the devil just happened?"
"I don't know. I blinked, and the next thing I knew, our sabers are drawn and we're fighting so the reader knows how genuinely Sith back-stabbing-ish we are! So how was your day?"
"I led some of the Sith on Coruscant, and now I have a contrived reason to be pissed off at you because that's what Sith do!"
"By jove, so do I! How cunning and ruthless we 'True Sith' are!"
"What- What was that!?"
"I don't know. I blinked, and our sabers were deactivated and we were standing around like we weren't just trying to kill each other. Well, I must be off. Cheerio, Lord Bertie!"

Yeah, these people are the epitome of the Sith legacy. Not only do they fight each other for no reason, but they don't even bother to kill each other while doing it, thus wasting page space. At least with other Sith kiling each other, they have reasons that aren't related to schizophrenia and/or artificial tension.

Imperial base on Dantooine. Yes, that's Imperial base, not Sith base, because we have to shove our bizarre re-hash of the movies down your throat in every way possible (dig the really subtle "Simperial officer uniforms, lolol).

What is so odd about the Republic hiring bounty hunters for things in wartime? And what is morally reprehensible about such a thing?

And so the subplot about Garwar and Mango Chett, the two bounty hunters whom nobody gave a **** about, trudges on.
 adamqd
05-26-2009, 2:53 PM
You should have been on the SWG forums. PLENTY of people there said it.

I'm talkin from the point of view of RPG fans, who liked KotOR for what it was and were happy with that, of course the forums of a Supposedly failed Star Wars MMO with a lot of heartache and feeling of "What could of been" are gonna be chomping at the bit for anything even remotely Star Wars related to be the next SWMMO :)
 Tommycat
05-27-2009, 2:55 AM
I'm talkin from the point of view of RPG fans, who liked KotOR for what it was and were happy with that, of course the forums of a Supposedly failed Star Wars MMO with a lot of heartache and feeling of "What could of been" are gonna be chomping at the bit for anything even remotely Star Wars related to be the next SWMMO :)

Meh, I was just mentioning where I had first seen it.

The next place was in the IGN forums

Then Gamespot

Then a few other game sites.

Granted it was usually posted by a disgruntled ex SWG vet, but quite frankly I was hoping for an MMO set in the KotOR era, though I would have loved a K3 before that. B ut the demand for a KotOR era MMO was there. Especially since that era, unlike the SWG era, would make sense to have Jedi running around.
 adamqd
05-27-2009, 4:53 AM
Sorry if I came across as an ass, I played a lot of SWG and still do now and again, if not solely for the fact that there are no star wars games worth playing that i haven't already played to death hehe. Any other Game I would say go ahead, but KotOR will cease to be once it becomes an MMO... I dont care what Bioware say they cannot maintain that depth and quality of story and character in an mmo.

This is incredibly elitist of me, but I dread walking through Korriban and seeing some dude shout, "hey! anyone know where Luke Skywalkers house is?" /shudder
 Tommycat
05-27-2009, 6:41 AM
Sorry if I came across as an ass, I played a lot of SWG and still do now and again, if not solely for the fact that there are no star wars games worth playing that i haven't already played to death hehe. Any other Game I would say go ahead, but KotOR will cease to be once it becomes an MMO... I dont care what Bioware say they cannot maintain that depth and quality of story and character in an mmo.

This is incredibly elitist of me, but I dread walking through Korriban and seeing some dude shout, "hey! anyone know where Luke Skywalkers house is?" /shudder

Probably more like "LFG for Revan's Ghost Encounter"

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from. In all honesty, I'm not looking forward to the constant whines about how the Jedi aren't powerful enough/are too powerful, Nerf this or nerf that, we got nerfed, or "I'm bored" calls. I'd like to see how they keep exploiters from ruining PVP and still keep the game fun.

As I said, I'd rather have both. A true K3 and later an MMO. Or even a K3 for the X-box 360 crowd which may not have a game computer. Which is still a possibility(though maybe not by bioware) seeing as how the original game was released on X-box and not PC as Warcraft was.
 TKA-001
05-27-2009, 6:46 PM
Sigged.
 Prime
05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
This comic is making me not want to buy TOR.
 adamqd
05-28-2009, 11:50 AM
This comic is making me not want to buy TOR.

My Love for Star Wars as an ongoing Francise has withered somewhat lately due to the direction Mr. Lucas has Taken, Lets Hope The Live action TV show and the finished product (tOR) is more like "The Good Old Days" :)

Edited Because I was in a bad mood when I wrote it Originally, resulting in below post :)
 Lord of Hunger
05-28-2009, 5:07 PM
Okay, adamqd...no offense, but why would KOTOR stop being KOTOR if TOR comes out? They are two separate things. If anything TOR is merely a bridge between the KOTOR era and the New Sith Wars era. Why should it change the feel of the KOTOR era?

And also, if Star Wars is dead to you then why are you still registered and participating on a Star Wars discussion forum? I'm not trying to start a flame war but I do find this view point very...odd.
 adamqd
05-28-2009, 5:35 PM
I mean KotOR as in what it is as a franchise, not the first game, that will obviously continue to be an SPRPG released 5 years ago.

And I said Star Wars as in a continuing brand, I'm a massive Star Wars Fan, I just dont like it's current direction and properties, I can discuss what I like about Star wars Old and New, in a Forum that is for people to discuss said subjects can I not?

I'm not offended because this is Teh Internetz, and all should be taken with a dash of Sulpher :) But The "Don't Like it? Leave" Post is usually a non-reply from me, but it's the first I've been given here :)
 Lord of Hunger
05-28-2009, 9:50 PM
Then you see TOR as a defective continuation of the KOTOR franchise? I must disagree as I see it as it's own thing. It borrows heavily from KOTOR, sure, but this is a whole new cast of characters and storyline (not necessarily completely original). The threat is not Revan, Malak, Nihilus, Sion, and Traya, it's the Sith Emperor, Baras, Angral, and all the Lords on the Dark Council.

I agree that you can discuss these subjects and I even agree in some cases that the direction of Star Wars has taken a wrong turn. I just find it somewhat irritating that you post your discontent with Clone Wars architecture present in the game and how you don't like the idea of an MMO due to the possible storyline issues in almost every thread. Granted, I have been guilty of this sort of thing, but I do try to add new points rather than reiterate points already made. So far in your arguments, I see little new material, which is a shame because I would prefer to counter with my own arguments and have a good debate. :)

And I personally tried to avoid the "Don't Like it? Leave" statements but I already was having a bit of a stressful week and I guess your post set me off, so sorry about that. I generally try and be as civil as possible, sometimes a bit too much to the point where I start sounding like Mical the Disciple.
 adamqd
05-29-2009, 5:54 AM
I agree that you can discuss these subjects and I even agree in some cases that the direction of Star Wars has taken a wrong turn. I just find it somewhat irritating that you post your discontent with Clone Wars architecture present in the game and how you don't like the idea of an MMO due to the possible storyline issues in almost every thread. Granted, I have been guilty of this sort of thing, but I do try to add new points rather than reiterate points already made. So far in your arguments, I see little new material, which is a shame because I would prefer to counter with my own arguments and have a good debate. :)

I'm sorry I cant give you more points to argue, but my opinion on Star Wars is pretty concrete, as it has had 20+ years to be formed :) I have an ideal of what I like from my SW and thats it really (Kind of lends its self to your "Why be member of forum, discussion etc")

And I personally tried to avoid the "Don't Like it? Leave" statements but I already was having a bit of a stressful week and I guess your post set me off, so sorry about that. I generally try and be as civil as possible, sometimes a bit too much to the point where I start sounding like Mical the Disciple.
Lol, never had the mical content as I never play female exile (again, stuck in my ways) :) But yea, I know what your saying, but please give me a break on the post content and argument credential critiques... I'm just a stuck in his ways fan, tis all :) I dont come here to be intellectually challenged or become victor in a trivial discussion, I just socialize, and and give mt concerns and thumbsup for stuff I have investment in, you'll get no fight from me.
Page: 1 of 1