Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Customization

Page: 1 of 1
 Zuilzon DTD
05-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Who else thinks this would be a cool idea:
The class system is kept but it doesn't effect your character's apperance. Instead it only effects your weapons (and specail things like jet packs) and your apperance would be made in a character creation system in which you get to choose the color, armor(commander shoulder pads, visors, etc.), and in the case of rebels their face/skin. For specail units though, like the super battle driod or wookie, you wouldn't be able to alter their apperance. Also heros like jedi could be customized to, robes and skin color for example, and you could pick from a set of special abilities to pick.
Tell me what you think of my idea. :thmbup1:
 M@RS
05-02-2009, 1:04 AM
There's a thread talking about new features we'd like. :) But, I do agree. Customization would be a nice feature.
 LordOfTheFish
05-02-2009, 9:39 AM
Yes, it would indeed be a cool feature. BF3 would need something more than just customization to interest new audience. Wasn't customization a feature in Renegade Squadron?
 Bokken
05-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Yes, but it featured a credits system, and we've pretty much decided that a feature like that sounds too much like an RTS.
 Bornageek
07-03-2009, 3:08 PM
customization may be cool but i like it when i see an enemy trooper to know is he a sniper or an engineer or a commander etc. Jedi customization sounds cool though- like having anakin with different clothes and hairstiles
 jondavis
07-29-2009, 4:14 PM
I'd have to say no to messing with our classes.
Hero characters, maybe.
In single player I don't mind.
Maybe it should just be another group that can be selected to play.
Like you can have Player Characters vs the Sith or Jedi.
 Darth Eclipse
07-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Who else thinks this would be a cool idea:
The class system is kept but it doesn't effect your character's apperance. Instead it only effects your weapons (and specail things like jet packs) and your apperance would be made in a character creation system in which you get to choose the color, armor(commander shoulder pads, visors, etc.), and in the case of rebels their face/skin. For specail units though, like the super battle driod or wookie, you wouldn't be able to alter their apperance. Also heros like jedi could be customized to, robes and skin color for example, and you could pick from a set of special abilities to pick.
Tell me what you think of my idea. :thmbup1:

It would be cool to be able to customize classes. Like you could choose between something like a jet pack, dispensable health, or a much better weapon. So if you get a jet pack, for example, you can't get that great of a weapon.
 shukkoku
08-01-2009, 2:06 AM
I think that customization should be left out of the main campaign, and maybe in multiplayer, I think that you be able to customize your appearance but not abilities, that would ruin the class system
 kalle90
09-01-2009, 5:02 PM
How about custom armies? Use in Galactic Conquest? Like a deck of Pokemon cards:eek:. You buy and manage your army and you can save it to use it everywhere. Some troops, vehicles and weapons are cheaper but weaker than the others so you can get more of them etc. Needs great balancing but could have great results
 Bokken
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
That sounds like an RTS to me...
 GeneralPloKoon
09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
I dont mind customization, just not too much customization.
 kalle90
09-02-2009, 1:38 AM
That sounds like an RTS to me...

There is nothing real time strategy in there. It'd be like creating a team in NHL or Madden. Once the match starts you have no control of things

But yeah it was just an idea. I don't care about customization at all
Page: 1 of 1