Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Non-Anime (or the lack of it)

Page: 1 of 1
 jrrtoken
04-29-2009, 9:23 PM
So... anyone seen any good non-anime animation lately? You know, like, animated shows from America and Europe... that don't abysmally suck.

...anyone?
 Mav
04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Does Family Guy count?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-29-2009, 10:37 PM
family guy is terrible so uh
 Aash Li
04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
I used to like Family Guy, I still like seasons 1-6. But now its just slanted, and turned into a political cartoon. But was it a great cartoon? Hardly, it was just really funny (sometimes).
 True_Avery
04-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
SuperJail
and almost anything Williams Street creates in the dark corners of it's halls.
 Mav
04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, too bad there is nothing like DuckTales and Talespin anymore... oh and inb4 Jeff comes in and says OMGBATMAN:TAS!!!!111eleventeen!!11!
 Lynk Former
04-30-2009, 5:47 AM
Also inb4jeff

and also... before Jeff can

**** yeah! Batman TAS!
 Jeff
04-30-2009, 5:58 AM
Batman TAS > *

Not a lot of great shows currently though. I think Family Guy is alright, ATHF is good too.
 leXX
04-30-2009, 6:39 AM
One of my favourites was Dexter's Lab. I used to love that show. Shame they don't show it at all over here anymore, would love to see repeats. :/
 jrrtoken
04-30-2009, 6:54 AM
Yes, not Family Guy. The key word is shows that don't suck. And preferably, shows that haven't been off the air, or that haven't already been on Adult Swim for the past few years.
 igyman
04-30-2009, 6:58 AM
X-Men Evolution is probably my favorite and I recommend it to anyone who likes superhero shows and especially X-Men.
 Aash Li
04-30-2009, 9:31 AM
Dexters Lab, Johnny Bravo (especially Third Dork from the Sun), IR Weasel, Cow and Chicken... all the old Cartoon Network stuff before they went down the crapper. Oh and the Venture Brothers. I loved that one.

Futurama; they have some newish movies.
 CommanderQ
04-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Dexters Lab, Johnny Bravo (especially Third Dork from the Sun), IR Weasel, Cow and Chicken... all the old Cartoon Network stuff before they went down the crapper. Oh and the Venture Brothers. I loved that one.

Futurama; they have some newish movies.

Now those are classics!:D

Especially Dexter's Lab...

'DEE DEE! Get out of my loborotory!!!!'
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-30-2009, 1:48 PM
Yes, not Family Guy. The key word is shows that don't suck. And preferably, shows that haven't been off the air, or that haven't already been on Adult Swim for the past few years.

drinky crow show, frisky dingo
 igyman
04-30-2009, 7:32 PM
Some more action packed cartoons that are definitely worth watching are Avatar The Last Airbender, Ben 10 (the original, Alien Force turned out to be a major letdown) and, of course, Megas XLR.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-02-2009, 8:49 PM
What I'm watching...
Johnny Bravo.(Found it online.)
Megas XLR (Mirror, Mirror Darkly was just made of awsomeness.)
 Blix
05-02-2009, 9:07 PM
To name a few:
*Daria
*Doug
*Rocko's Modern Life
*Batman the Brave and the Bold
*Justice League Unlimited
*Darkwing Duck
*Wolverine and the X-Men
*Frisky Dingo
*Sealab 2021
 Sabretooth
05-05-2009, 1:30 AM
Lately? None. But I've seen tons of awesome series in the past, one of them being Batman: TAS that good man Moeller mentioned.

Family Guy sucks so much, I don't know how people like it. :/
 LordOfTheFish
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I cant name how many I used to know an love. A lot are all ready mentioned.

I cant believe no one mention Ren & Stimpy...!?
 Fuu
05-12-2009, 4:12 AM
family guy is terrible so uh

I used to like Family Guy, <snip> But was it a great cartoon? Hardly, it was just really funny (sometimes).

Yes, not Family Guy. The key word is shows that don't suck. <snip>

<snip>
Family Guy sucks so much, I don't know how people like it. :/

Wuh oh.

F

guess I should stop being lazy huh?
 adamqd
05-12-2009, 7:01 AM
Family guy can be good, but it's inconsistent, some stuff is funny as hell, and then some stuff is beyond rubbish. The Star Wars special was amazing though.
 Miltiades
05-12-2009, 7:36 AM
Yeah, Family Guy isn't good. It has some great jokes, but they're only worth watching on YouTube or something. Watching a whole episode, that's something I wouldn't be able to do.

I don't watch animation shows, really. Except for Avatar:The Last Airbender, which was awesome.
 Darth Avlectus
05-19-2009, 3:08 AM
Simpsons has been a longtime fav...
Beavis and Butt-Head...if you known me for any length of time spanning 2 mo <, you know I like this (so if you don't like it, **** you and the horse you rode in on) :D

When I visit my homeboy who has adult swim
Teen Titans.
Aqua Teens Hunger force (now THAT's some funny **** I can voice the cast of)
The Venture Bros...kind of uncanny how much Brock Samson resembles Sydney Ray Eugene (WWE/WCW wrestler "Sid")

Back in the day:

Oldies like Underdog, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Loony Toons

Taz Manian Devil
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren and Stympy in all its disgusting, "that's just wrong" glory
Marvel Cartoons...period (still have some vhs of those old x-men from the early 90's)
EEK the cat
Heathcliffe and RiffRaff
inspector gadget
Felix the Cat
Dexter's lab.
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
AAHHH! Real Monsters.
Bebe's kids
 Kuuki
05-19-2009, 6:14 PM
Rocko's Modern Life

Something that NEEDS to be released in box set.
 Prime
05-21-2009, 9:41 AM
I'm a big fan of Samurai Jack, although that isn't really new of course.
 Blix
05-21-2009, 2:50 PM
The Venture Bros...kind of uncanny how much Brock Samson resembles Sydney Ray Eugene (WWE/WCW wrestler "Sid")

How did I miss posting this? Venture Brothers has been my cure for lack of Joe Murray material (at least any good ones). Do anyone else love Dr. Girlfriend? :D
Page: 1 of 1