Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are you watching/reading now?

Page: 1 of 3
 Mav
04-27-2009, 5:04 PM
This is the place where you post what you're currently watching, be it if the show is currently airing or if you're catching up with an older series or re-watching a favorite. You can also tell us all about what manga you're reading/following. I'll start it off.

Right now I'm watching...

K-ON! - currently airing, full of loli goodness :P
Valkyria Chronicles - currently airing, pretty good anime adaption of a great game, so far, love the ED
Cowboy Bebop - Re-watching because it's awesome, I just watched "Cowboy Funk" last night.
Last Exile - Re-watching, but with the English VA's this time because Lynk says they're awesome, just got my DVDs not too long ago too.

Right now I'm reading...

Naruto Shippuden - I really liked the whole fight with Pain, but now it's doing a boring backstory type thing xD
Bleach - Bleach got kind of stupid for a few chapters, but it looks like it's getting back on track.
 Jeff
04-27-2009, 5:27 PM
I'm not a big manga reader. I'd like to catch up on Bleach, but I'm so far behind and been too busy to catch up.

As for what I'm watching, really only K-ON! right now. I'm liking it pretty well so far, made me laugh quite a bit. I also like both the OP and ED, especially the ED, I forgot to check if they were released yet on CD but I want to say they are, I'll have to get those.

I haven't even bothered watching the last couple episodes of Bleach because it's on really bad fillers, but once those get over with I will pick it back up again.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-27-2009, 5:55 PM
The only thing I'm watching right now is G-Gundam. Great series in my opinion, plenty of explosions.

What I'm reading...
Naruto Shippuden - I loved the begining of Naruto Vs Pain, but like Maverick said, it's just boring flashbacks now.
One Piece - Still packed with action and stretchy goodness.
Naruto (pre-timeskip.) - Cathing up with this one because of the classic fights and the action.
 Rogue Nine
04-27-2009, 6:00 PM
K-On is <3. Though I did find something pretty interesting in Episode 2...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/420/fenderlespaul.png)

xD

Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;s
 igyman
04-27-2009, 7:29 PM
Those who frequent the "Who Likes Anime" thread back in Ahto already know this, but what the heck, I'll repeat it one more time...

Currently watching Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach. Just two more episodes until Shippuuden's Three-tails filler arc ends and the manga adaptation continues - Yippeeee!!!
As for Bleach, the "Turn back the pendulum" adaptation ended a few weeks ago, so now the main event is on!
 Jeff
04-27-2009, 7:58 PM
Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;slol I actually forgot about this show. I watched the first episode but forgot about it after that, I'll probably pick it up again.
 Kuuki
04-27-2009, 9:04 PM
THE LEGEND OF BLACK HEAVEN!
 Sabretooth
04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Currently:

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae - only 1 episode left though :/
Wolf's Rain - rewatching, I used to watch it on Animax, but I then Animax disappeared :(
 Lynk Former
04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Valkyria Chronicles and One Piece
 Jeff
04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Valkyria Chronicles and One PieceWhat? No "**** yeah!!" go to along with that? :p
 leXX
04-28-2009, 2:54 AM
Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.
 Kjшlen
04-28-2009, 3:02 AM
Right now, I am watching:

Bleach
Blood+
Pokémon

I am reading Chibi Vampire.

Might I suggest to everyone a website called My Anime List (www.myanimelist.net)?) Here you can organize all of your anime and manga into categories, like "watching" or "completed" or "plan to watch." You can also rate the anime and stuff too. Here's mine (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SukatoKojo) for an example.
 Mav
04-28-2009, 3:54 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Dattebayo fansubs picked-up 07 Ghost since they dropped Shippuden, so I watched the first episode of that, and it seems interesting so far, so I'll probably sort of try to keep up with that.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-28-2009, 9:51 AM
Some 15 episodes already on Blood+ and Death Note.
 Aash Li
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I pick up whatever manga sounds good when I go to the book store. Currently Im really liking Wild Ones (#6 made me cry).
K-on! Is my current anime fix. :D
 CommanderQ
04-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Currently, I am not watching any particular show, but lately, I have been watching many of the Studio Ghibli films. So far, this week, I have watched some of their classics, such as: My Neighbor Totoro, The Cat Returns, and Porco Rosso. And then I watched Steamboy, but that is not quite Studio Ghibli, but it's good:D
 Aash Li
04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.
 CommanderQ
04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

Oy! Those two are some of Ghibli's best!:D Yeah, I agree, a sequel would be awesome, they created such an amzing story, plot, and setting:D All in all, that film was excellent:D The same for Howl's Moving Castle:D
 Lynk Former
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
@ Jeff: It's not as effective to say it when LF censors it.
 Jeff
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
You're right, that's a shame.
 Serpentine Cougar
05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Currently just watching the new episodes of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.
Ah, but how's the ending? That's where so many animes fall through (imo)...
 leXX
05-01-2009, 3:14 AM
It's got a pretty solid ending.
 Darth Avlectus
05-06-2009, 1:26 AM
Watching: Eureka Seven, Bleach
Reading: Vampire Hunter D 1&2

...if this counts: Playing MegaMan Zero...when I have time

EDIT: OH yeah... Fred's...total play off of Fender...I should know, as I have seen that brand...From that one show with the psycho chick with pink hair and guitar--and that boy with the forehead think going on...or am I tihnking of another anime?

I actually have a Fender Squire Precision Bass. Good times, back in the day. Wasn't cut out for the music biz tho. Play'd Black Sabbath and M4n50n riffs. Some Slipknot.
 Kuuki
05-06-2009, 5:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoEQXY5hM8&feature=PlayList&p=wDT2-jdBtPk)

yes, code geass is open, and on youtube in HD
 Serpentine Cougar
05-10-2009, 1:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?
 Mav
05-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm watching FMA right now. :D
 leXX
05-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

You're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :)
 Mav
05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I started watching Ergo Proxy today.
 Kuuki
05-22-2009, 5:04 PM
I'm watching FMA right now. :D

the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?
 Mav
05-23-2009, 2:54 AM
the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it, but I'll probably watch the new series later, but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P
 Kuuki
05-23-2009, 8:12 AM
Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it,

FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit

but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P

why do I always find out about things last

...at anyrate,...

ZOMG HARUHI TWO!? :3
 Serpentine Cougar
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit
Well, it does for now, but it will diverge later. The first one followed the all of the manga that had been written then, but had to make up its own stuff for what happened after that. A lot more of the manga has been written now, so the new series will have the same stuff as the first one until it gets to where FMA1 had to make up its own stuff. Then it'll keep following the manga, so it'll be different from the first one.

FMA2 (at least so far) seems to be going through things rather quickly; I hope they slow down a little when they get to the stuff that wasn't in the first one. FMA1 was awesome until the last couple episodes or so, but the manga seems like it will have a much more satisfying ending, so I'm pretty hopeful for FMA2. :)
 Kuuki
05-24-2009, 8:32 PM
i think that if ppl watch FMA2 the creators expect two things, 1) ppl have seen it already, and want to get through the 'main stuff'; or 2) new viewers will get the 'cliff notes' of what's going on.
 Mav
06-08-2009, 1:57 AM
Started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex so Lynk would stop badgering me about it.
 Blix
06-08-2009, 2:40 AM
Currently watching Bleach on Adult Swim, since my computer isn't supporting Flash atm I will have to wait for new One Pieces :(
 Sabretooth
06-08-2009, 7:06 AM
Watching Eden of the East right now, which is pretty cool and still trying to finish Wolf's Rain (slow anime is shlooooooow).

I'm reading Junji Ito's Gyo atm and Manhole (which I've paused because the editor highly recommends I watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' before I resume reading the chapter :/ )
 TriggerGod
06-08-2009, 5:08 PM
Mainly reading Bleach and Naruto. I used to watch them, but I lost interest after I read the series online.
 Lynk Former
06-09-2009, 4:15 PM
Got mav to watch Stand Alone Complex :carms: he was watching Ergo Proxy before, psh.
 Prime
06-10-2009, 9:04 AM
Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.
 Lynk Former
06-10-2009, 4:13 PM
Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.
*shakes fist* get on it, Prime!
 Kuuki
06-10-2009, 6:06 PM
*shakes fists along side of Lynk*

And dont forget to watch Innocence and SSS!!!

Get on it, Prime!

I'm re-re-re-re-re-watching Deathnote
 Fuu
06-11-2009, 6:30 PM
Watching:
EotE (duude, my slacks blew away)
Naruto Shippuden (urrgh.. filler must end NOW)
Bleach
07-Ghost (Aww I want a furry pink mikage! Chu!)
random eps or Ouran / Genshiken when I get bored

Recently watched the NS movie 02.... immiedatle response: WTF! Ok now they're working together?!?!

Reading:
Bleach
Naruto (On this note: Finally! been waiting for this point in the story for...how long now?!?!)
Skip Beat!
Ouran
Otomen
The One
Trinity Blood
Hana to Akuma
Vampire Knight ( okok i know a a shoujo / josei junkie already)
TSUITERU KANOJO (ENJOUJI MAKI) HEEEE!
Team Medical Dragon
FMA
thinking about starting Nurarihyon no Mago

There are a bunch more but i forget them until the release day.... lol

F
 igyman
06-11-2009, 6:50 PM
Watching:
EotE (duude, my slacks blew away)
Naruto Shippuden (urrgh.. filler must end NOW)

Hear ye, hear ye: The filler has finally ended and the manga adaptation continued. We may all now begin our happy dances. :yeldance:
 Fuu
06-11-2009, 7:00 PM
Yah... finally! My only problem now is having to wait for Mr. Fuu before I can watch :(
F
 igyman
06-11-2009, 7:10 PM
Well, you can't win 'em all. :(
 Kuuki
06-11-2009, 7:28 PM
i WOULD be watching FMA:BH, but apparently funimation's site has been down all DAY
 Serpentine Cougar
06-14-2009, 2:10 AM
Read the first chapter of Vinland Saga - it's interesting but I'm not sure if I'll continue. I prefer reading/watching most series only after they're finished, so I don't have to wait as long between chapters/episodes.

Also going to be watching Death Note soon with my mom and sister. :D
 Mav
06-14-2009, 4:35 AM
Finish 2nd Gig and watched SSS tonight, time to sleep soon...
 Kuuki
06-15-2009, 6:10 PM
just finished re-watching GITS2:Innocence

im surprised that i was able to watch my region 2 copy that I bought in england for 7pounds a couple of novembers ago.

back then I had a different laptop so, even tho now i have a newer version of that same laptop, the hardware is so different, even the DVD-ROM i got.

i love region free
 Mav
08-08-2009, 4:26 AM
Let's see, I've watched SDF:Macross, Do You Remember Love? and Flashback 2012, all within this past week. I've been watching Haruhi S2, well sort of, I just put episode 3 on loop and let it play a handful of times, same thing really. I got caught up on the Valkyria Chronicles anime and have also been following 07 Ghost.

Over the weekend I'll probably watch Macross Plus.
Page: 1 of 3