Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NFL Draft 2009!

Page: 1 of 1
 Mav
04-26-2009, 3:52 AM
Ok, so the first day of the draft is over and done with, Jeff's Lion's got Stafford and the Raiders made another dumb move passing up Crabtree for a little more speed. Alright football fans, tell us all how you feel about your team's draft picks so far. I'll kick it off... haha get it? *sigh*

I'm a Broncos fan, and this is what we did:

Round 1, Pick 12 (12) Knowshon Moreno RB
Round 1, Pick 18 (18) (From Bears) Robert Ayers LB
Round 2, Pick 5 (37) (From Seahawks) Alphonso Smith CB
Round 2, Pick 16 (48) Darcel McBath CB
Round 2, Pick 32 (64) (From Steelers) Richard Quinn TE

Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Moreno fan, but what we really needed was some help on our defensive front, and we drafted... nothing for that. Also, not sure I agree with trading up for a corner, especially when we found our second cornerback through free agency. I hope McDaniels knows what he's doing, because he's already earned a lot of enemies in Denver because of the Cutler fiasco.
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm not big on the really any draft besides the NHL one. Mainly because I don't really follow college football too closely. But, I'm a Bengals fan. And we drafted Andre Smith. From what I heard he'll help Palmer a lot.

I'm also a Broncos fan, and well... I heard the opposite. :xp:

Also, I hope one of our Canadian products, Vaughn Martin, will get drafted this year. That guy is a beast.
 Jeff
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I guess I'm alright with the Lions taking Stafford. At least he actually wants to play for us. I just hope he's not another "Joey" (we drafted Joey Harrington 3rd overall in like 03 maybe, look how he turned out). I guess I'm glad we got a safety and a linebacker but I was really hoping we'd draft some big defensive tackle or end, people ran all over us last year.
 EnderWiggin
04-26-2009, 2:14 PM
But, I'm a Bengals fan.

*low whistle*

Wow, the Bengals. Good choice, sir :xp:

_EW_
 adamqd
04-26-2009, 2:26 PM
Whats all this picking up the ball Malarkey? :p
 Jeff
04-26-2009, 3:10 PM
*low whistle*

Wow, the Bengals. Good choice, sir :xp:

_EW_Hey Bengals are my other favorite team. :p They have been pretty disappointing recently though.
Page: 1 of 1