Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Grey_Ghost
04-23-2009, 6:43 PM
Now for Knights of the Old Republic & Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords.

This is a modified version of the Robes created on the Star Forge. The robes give the player the appearance of the Masked Revan model without a cape (cape version can be installed optionally). Also, the light side version of the robes has a new texture to go along with this model.

Files are compressed with 7zip (http://www.7zip.com/).

*UPDATED* KotOR Download v1.2: FileFront (http://www.filefront.com/17173148/K1-Masked-Revan-Star-Forge-Robes-v1.2.7z/), knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Masked_Revan_Star_Forge_Robes_Mod;116351)
(Replaces the default Star Forge Robes)

*NEW* KotOR2:TSL Download: FileFront (http://www.filefront.com/17173149/K2-Masked-Revan-Star-Forge-Robes.7z/), knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KotOR2_Masked_Revan_Star_Forge_Robes_Mod;116360)
(Robes added as workbench crafted items)

Read Me
KotOR+ Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod v1.2+
For Knights of the Old Republic

Description
This will install a modified version of the Robes created on the Star Forge. The robes give the player the appearance of the Masked Revan model without a cape (cape version can be installed optionally). Also, the light side version of the robes has a new texture to go along with this model.

If you have any questions or feedback about this mod, you can post them in this forum thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197271)

UPGRADE Warning:

If you have already installed version 1.0 simply copy the file N_StarForgeA01.tga into your "Override" folder. Do not run this installer.

Warning: This mod is NOT meant for KotOR2:TSL, there is a separate release for that game. See above forum thread for info on that.

The installer will overwrite any of the following listed game files if they are found in the "Override" folder. If another mod has placed any of these files in your "Override" folder it is likely this mod is incompatible with that mod. Be sure to backup your files.

N_StarForgeA01.tga - Light Side Texture
N_StarForgeA.mdl - Light Side Model
N_StarForgeA.mdx - Light Side Model Extension
g_a_mstrrobe06.uti - Dark Side Robe Item File
g_a_mstrrobe07.uti - Light Side Robe Item File

NOTE: N_DarthRevan.mdl/.mdx (Dark Side Robe Model) will not be replaced if found in your Override folder. You will have to do so manually if you so desire.

Optional Installs

1) Revan Model with Cape
The files in the "Optional Cape Model" folder can be copied into the "tslpatchdata" folder before installation, or into your "Override" folder at any time. Please note that the cape on this model has many clipping issues most players seemingly find too annoying to look at.

2) Optional Override Install
The files in the "Optional Override Install" folder should ONLY be used if for some reason this patcher does not work for you, or for reference in merging this with any custom mods that conflict. If none of the files in this folder appear in your "Override" folder, then you can simply copy the files located here into your "Override" folder to install this mod.

3) Custom Textures (Not Included)
This mod should be compatible to all custom textures made for the Masked Revan model (a.k.a. cutscene revan). Simply rename the custom texture to N_StarForgeA01 (and/or N_DarthRevan01 [Dark Side]), and put in your KotOR "Override" folder

Changes
v1.2 - Small tweak to metallic reflections
v1.1 - Small texture fix to shoulder seen with some animations.

Credits

Kristy Kistic - Models: KotOR "Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix" & "Revan Model Without Cape"
stoffe - TSL Patcher and the "Modified Combat AI Mod" info.rtf layout
Fred Tetra - KOTOR Tool
tk102 - K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility)
Grey_Ghost - Me

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSEES/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS MOD IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS MOD.
KotOR2:TSL+ Masked Revan Star Forge Robes Mod +
For Knights of the Old Republic II : The Sith Lords

Description
This will install a modified version of the Robes created on the Star Forge from the first KotOR game. The robes give the player the appearance of the Masked Revan model without a cape (cape version can be installed optionally). Also, the light side version of the robes has a new texture to go along with this model. Both Robes are simply added as a craftable item.

If you have any questions or feedback about this mod, you can post them in this forum thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197271)

Warning: This mod is NOT meant for KotOR 1, there is a separate release for that game. See above forum thread for info on that.

The installer will overwrite any of the following listed game files if they are found in the "Override" folder. If another mod has placed any of these files in your "Override" folder it is likely this mod is incompatible with that mod. Be sure to backup your files.

N_StarForgeA01.tga - Light Side Texture
N_StarForgeA.mdl - Light Side Model
N_StarForgeA.mdx - Light Side Model Extension
N_StarForgeB.mdl - Dark Side Model
N_StarForgeB.mdx - Dark Side Model Extension
g_a_revan_01.uti - Dark Side Robe Item File
g_a_revan_02.uti - Light Side Robe Item File

Optional Installs

1) Revan Model with Cape
The files in the "Optional Cape Model" folder can be copied into the "tslpatchdata" folder before installation, or into your "Override" folder at any time. Please note that the cape on this model has many clipping issues most players seemingly find too annoying to look at.

2) Optional Override Install
The files in the "Optional Override Install" folder should ONLY be used if for some reason this patcher does not work for you, or for reference in merging this with any custom mods that conflict. If none of the files in this folder appear in your "Override" folder, then you can simply copy the files located here into your "Override" folder to install this mod.

3) Custom Textures (Not Included)
This mod should be compatible to all custom textures made for the Masked Revan model (a.k.a. cutscene revan). Simply rename the custom texture to N_StarForgeA01 (and/or N_DarthRevan01 [Dark Side]), and put in your KotOR2:TSL "Override" folder

Credits

Kristy Kistic - Models: KotOR2 "Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix" & "Revan Model Without Cape"
stoffe - TSL Patcher and the "Modified Combat AI Mod" info.rtf layout
Fred Tetra - KOTOR Tool
tk102 - K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility)
Grey_Ghost - Me

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSEES/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS MOD IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS MOD.
Preview: (Note: Dark Side Revan robes are not pictured (Bioware default texture), but they are included & do take on the appearance of the Masked Revan Model).
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1413/sflsrpreview2.jpg)
Full View Shots.http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5336/sflsrpreview1.jpg)
Optional Cape Version.http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3982/sflsrpreview3.jpg)
P.S. Should you not want to wait till the Star Forge to get them, then you can cheat them in with "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe06" and/or "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe07". (KotOR ONLY)
 Lucied
04-23-2009, 9:50 PM
DAMN THATS AWSOME, im in awe, now once the K1 Enhancement pack is released i will play a new game of KOTOR with this
 Grey_Ghost
04-25-2009, 6:15 PM
Added download to update in first post.

DAMN THATS AWSOME, im in awe, now once the K1 Enhancement pack is released i will play a new game of KOTOR with thisThanks! What is the K1 Enhancement pack?
 Lucied
06-18-2009, 1:52 AM
The updated skin will not download correctly for me

and this is the enhancement pack

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189937&highlight=Enhancement+pack)
 Christos K
06-27-2009, 5:14 AM
Really nice work on this mod. But I have one small request that I can not seem to get done with Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool. In Shem's Prequel Jedi Robes he makes Star Forge Robes more powerful using the UTI file. I can not seem to get these two mods to work together. If you could tell me how to get his stats for the Star Forge Robes to work on your mod that would be the best.
 Grey_Ghost
06-28-2009, 6:01 PM
Really nice work on this mod. But I have one small request that I can not seem to get done with Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool. In Shem's Prequel Jedi Robes he makes Star Forge Robes more powerful using the UTI file. I can not seem to get these two mods to work together. If you could tell me how to get his stats for the Star Forge Robes to work on your mod that would be the best.I no longer have KotOR installed, but I can offer some suggestions in regards to your problem. First you might try overwriting the g_a_mstrrobe06.uti & g_a_mstrrobe07.uti in my mods "tslpatchdata" folder with the ones from Shem's mod, then run my installer. You may need to replace your "appearance.2da" if you've already ran my mod's installer before, hopefully my mod's patcher made a backup for you. The patcher adds disguise tags to those files, and as long as Shem's mod doesn't... it should work.

Should that not work, there is another tool I've used when "Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool" has failed me. It's called "K-GFF Editor v1.3.1 by tk102", you can find it for download here at StarWarsKnights.com (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). BTW, you might need to use Internet Explorer to download it from there.
 Christos K
06-29-2009, 9:30 AM
I no longer have KotOR installed, but I can offer some suggestions in regards to your problem. First you might try overwriting the g_a_mstrrobe06.uti & g_a_mstrrobe07.uti in my mods "tslpatchdata" folder with the ones from Shem's mod, then run my installer. You may need to replace your "appearance.2da" if you've already ran my mod's installer before, hopefully my mod's patcher made a backup for you. The patcher adds disguise tags to those files, and as long as Shem's mod doesn't... it should work.

Should that not work, there is another tool I've used when "Fred Tetra's KotOR Tool" has failed me. It's called "K-GFF Editor v1.3.1 by tk102", you can find it for download here at StarWarsKnights.com (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). BTW, you might need to use Internet Explorer to download it from there.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I got very upset with KotOR because I could not get a correct mod setup and I uninstalled it. Well I have about 30 mods so it only makes sense. When SpaceAlex's mod and a few other enhancement mods come out I will get a perfect set up and I will finally have a permanent install of KotOR. Plus after playing it 15+ times it gets really repetitive and I still have not been able to play through BoS:SR all the way. And I can not get all the gameplay value from the Project Yavin IV mod so poor me. Maybe this upcoming weekend I can get all the mods together and hopefully I can get your mod to work as well. Once again thanks for replying.
 ganoesparan06
07-07-2009, 2:36 PM
Hi guys.

Earlier I got permission to do a little compatibility patch with this and the flowing cape and belt mods from Grey_Ghost (SithSpectre hasnt got back to me yet but I hardly imagine him objecting.)

So i did it.

<snipped>because KotorFiles havent verified it yet. And it appears to have collapsed for the moment as well.

I hope you all like it and please read the readme.

EDIT:
Ive been alerted to the fact that somehow I uploaded the wrong texture file. So I have fixed it and reupdated the link.

You ALWAYS get permission first before you release a mod containing others work. Also speaking as K-Files staff, this won't be uploaded until you HAVE obtained permission. -- j7
 kothandki
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
how does this download work step by step

sorry, i just cant figure it out lol
 ZimmMaster
03-07-2010, 4:51 PM
I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere.
 Grey_Ghost
08-04-2010, 2:38 PM
I've added a KotOR2:TSL version to the main post, and an updated version for KotOR (just consolidating my fixes on that one). I originally wanted to place the robes in KotOR2 at specific locations & based on Revan's status as told to Atton, but it was pretty obvious I was never going to get around to doing it. So it's just added as a workbench crafted item in that game.

This mod should be fully finished now. The only possible update I can think of would be a Flowing Cape version for the KotOR mod, but I don't know if Sithspector would allow it based on ganoesparan06 woes.
how does this download work step by step

sorry, i just cant figure it out lolWell I'm obviously late on this but...
The files should extract into their own folder with 3 subfolders. Run the executable in the main folder and press install. In the pop-up box select your games main install directory (not the override folder), and it should install automatically no muss no fuss. It would probably be a good idea to backup your override folder if you've got a lot of different mods installed before adding this one (just in case). The installer should report if it had any trouble, as well as making any backups of files before modifying them.

There is an optional manual override install, but I don't recommend it for the uninformed.

As for using the Robes...

In KotOR either wait till the Star Forge to get your robe, or you can cheat them in with "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe06" and/or "giveitem g_a_mstrrobe07".
In KotOR2:TSL simply craft as many of them as you want freely at a workbench.
I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere.I'm not sure what you were getting at there.
 Grey_Ghost
08-07-2010, 2:45 PM
Now that I know what Bioware envisions a Light side Revan as I am tempted to make another one of these textures. Maybe someone else will attempt it.

Light Side Revan
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/7244/lsrevanmalak.jpg)
EDIT: On second thought they also show Revan with a brown robe and bronze armor. :giveup:
 StarHero-D
08-07-2010, 9:28 PM
i love this mod
Page: 1 of 1