Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nerdy Gadgets and Gizmos

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Avlectus
04-17-2009, 8:05 PM
I figured since the other areas of LF have their little threads about cool neat stuff, why not make one here?

Alas, this thread. However, the condition for this thread is that it has to be about gadgets and gizmos. Please. (maybe chucking dead raccoons once in awhile). About things you have, things you want, things your buddy has, etc.

I'll start off: Blu-Ray reader laser assembly. Spare. You can make your own blue/purple laser pointer out of one. I am desirous of buying one, or two...or ten. Making a home built blu-ray laser pointer. I mean, they now have them in just about any optical color output now. What wouldn't be awesome about building your own that is one off from the normal red or green?

Anyhoo, yea.

Anybody else on gadgets and gizmos? :)
 Darth Eclipse
08-16-2009, 4:37 PM
I figured since the other areas of LF have their little threads about cool neat stuff, why not make one here?

Alas, this thread. However, the condition for this thread is that it has to be about gadgets and gizmos. Please. (maybe chucking dead raccoons once in awhile). About things you have, things you want, things your buddy has, etc.

I'll start off: Blu-Ray reader laser assembly. Spare. You can make your own blue/purple laser pointer out of one. I am desirous of buying one, or two...or ten. Making a home built blu-ray laser pointer. I mean, they now have them in just about any optical color output now. What wouldn't be awesome about building your own that is one off from the normal red or green?

Anyhoo, yea.

Are you serious?
 Darth Avlectus
08-16-2009, 6:57 PM
Damn serious (http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/Blu-ray/site1/), son.

Peep that.

BTW what kind of gadgets are *you* into? Plasma globes? HV toys? C'mon. You gotta have some kind of soft spot for nerdy toys, my fellow sith.
 purifier
08-17-2009, 8:53 PM

Anyhoo, yea.

Well now that does sound like a pretty cool idea, I didn't know you could do that.

Speaking of which.....I got this Star Wars Lightsaber Laser Pointer awhile back, I thought that was a pretty neat idea.

You know somebody made some money off that.

Yeah, Yeah, I know.....that is a really geeky thing to buy, but I couldn't help it. I thought it was soooo cool at the time when I bought it.

EDIT: Wow, I just check out your link, man there is some really interesting info in that article. Very interesting indeed.
Page: 1 of 1