Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why does this game have such bad reviews?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bigsexy2009
03-25-2009, 9:44 AM
In certain reviews ive read this game has been given as a dark one of the lucas arts chain and such, when i played it i was hooked. Yeah some puzzle were ridicuously impossible but all in all was an entertaining game to play on, the first non humour one although there were one liners here and there which were probably unintentionally funny

Maybe its me but why do they have bad reviews? i loved this game
 Threepwood4life
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I think its cause LucasArts were known for their humour in their games and cause The Dig had a serious tone and took 6 years to develop the SCUMM engine by the end of 1995 had started to show its age and many reviewers reckoned it should have had an updated engine.

I think its gone down as a forgotten treasure in the Lucas Catalogue of games and everyone who has not played this should give it a chance its one of the most underrated games ever developed.
 Tigersong
11-02-2013, 6:56 PM
Yeah, The Dig is pretty darned cool. So are adventure games in general- something our current generation of shoot-'em-up gamers might not realize.
Page: 1 of 1