Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How often do you re-play the MI-series?

Page: 1 of 1
 robearth
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Since you are all decaying corpses of a past era, sitting in this tomb, emphasizing how long you've been rottening here. I came to the conclusion that you must've played through these holy series a lot of times. And knowing you're a competetive bunch of dairy farmers, I thought I should ask which one of you have played through the MI-series the most times.

As for me, I've played through CMI almost every year since it came out, MI1&2 like 3 or 4 times, and EMI 2 times.
(Also! I can see into the future, to prove it, I will reveal that the next post in this thread will be K-jo, telling me to piss off)
 Kjшlen
02-19-2009, 2:44 PM
PISS OFF.
That's some pretty good cognitive powers, buddy. It's extremely rare that I even venture outside of the Habour on the MI Discussion board to see the content of other threads, let alone post in one. You got lucky, today.

Honestly, I probably play a bit of CMI for the members about once a year or two. I should go back through the entire series in order again some day.
 Ray Jones
02-19-2009, 3:02 PM
I've played MI 1 and 2 like ten times, MI 3 five times. MI 4 only once.
 Kjшlen
02-19-2009, 4:44 PM
Ten. Ten. Five. One. Is that some sort of enjoyment curve, there, Ray? :p
 TalynBigfoot
02-19-2009, 6:41 PM
How many times have I re-played the series? Geeze, I couldn't even tell you. Maybe like 1,000,000 times? (seriously) I played MI1 and MI2 when they came out when I was a kid constantly, and CMI I played a lot when it came out as well.

In all honesty, I couldn't even tell you, just about all of the Scumm games I've played at least into the double digits (with the exception of a few that I haven't played through yet... *yikes!*)

I still play through all of the Scumm games lots even now. Some people like to play a few rounds of their favorite shoot em up or real time strategy, I like to see how fast I can make it through an adventure game in one sitting :D
 Giant Graffiti
02-19-2009, 8:41 PM
I've played the first two games at least forty times. I haven't played three or four at all, because LucasArts decided to reject money and not release them for Macintosh.
 robearth
02-19-2009, 9:27 PM
LucasArts decided to reject money and not release them for Macintosh.

let me explain why:
http://robearth.blogg.se/images/2008/serie_16670912.png)
 Kjшlen
02-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Should be Windows in that comic. :p
 Fealiks
02-20-2009, 2:50 PM
I'm playing EMI right now, for probably the third or fourth time. Played CMI the most, then 4 then 2 then 1. That doesn't mean I'd rate them in that order though (in order of greatness it'd go 3, 2, 1, 4). :D
 LordTrilobite
02-23-2009, 1:41 PM
I haven't played MI in my childhood (yes I know I should be ashamed)
I only discovered it because my brother had all the MI games.
So I only started fairly recently, dunno, a few years ago.
But to answer the question, I played MI1 and 2 twice, 3 and 4 only once.
My favorite is Monkey Island 1.
 TunaMurray
02-26-2009, 3:02 AM
I have this laptop back at the office I use as my e-mail and *cough* backdoor and well I always have scumm vm running with MI1 in the background. I have a few saved games but normally before I disconnect from it I go back to the scumm bar. So I’ve been playing it for 6 months straight now. I put the sega cd of MI 1 above my tv as well so I am always playing it in my heart…touching isn’t it

I have played them all countless times over the years. Managed to get quite lot of people familiar with Jethro Van Goughderfassenson and his adventures…not so much these days - it seems “It made me what I am today” doesn’t get too many recruits.
 Voodoo_Priestess
03-24-2009, 11:05 PM
in all Honesty?
I've re-played all monkey islands' atleast fourty times each
Even number 3&4
Including right now
And when I'm not playing it on the computer
I'm still playing it in my head
I just can't..not play it
It's an addiction
A MI addiction
 Bigsexy2009
03-25-2009, 9:42 AM
I try and not play them for like over 2 years apart because then going back to it theres always something which ive forgotten about and ive loved playing it all over again!
 TalynBigfoot
03-25-2009, 8:20 PM
I try and not play them for like over 2 years apart because then going back to it theres always something which ive forgotten about and ive loved playing it all over again!

I would love to have done that, unfortunately since I was about seven or eight years old, I actually managed to memorize how to beat MI2 so I was never able to 'forget' what to do, even on accident haha.
 Bigsexy2009
03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I would love to have done that, unfortunately since I was about seven or eight years old, I actually managed to memorize how to beat MI2 so I was never able to 'forget' what to do, even on accident haha.

there are so many adventure games i play in between sometimes it can be longer, currently im just going through other old lucas arts adventures for the first time:shades2:
 Threepwood4life
03-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I replay through them if I need that nostalgic trip down memory every now and then sometimes I will replay them if I saw a video or read comments on Monkey Island it makes me want to go back to them again and again thats why I love these games.
Page: 1 of 1