Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Wii Product

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Eclipse
01-21-2009, 2:46 PM
http://www.riiflex.com/) It looks pretty cool. It's not anything like those sandbag weights that someone made a while back. I'll probably preorder one of these things to go with my Wii Fit exercises. What do you guys think about this?
 Lynk Former
01-21-2009, 3:36 PM
lol, also increases the deadliness when you eventually hit someone with your Wiimotes while swinging them around and causes MASSIVE DAMAGE when you throw it at your TV

XD
 Darth Eclipse
01-23-2009, 7:57 AM
As long as you wear the wrist strap then that will not happen because the weight attaches to the Wii Remote. So make sure you people wear the wrist strap! As for randomly swinging it around and hitting someone....I guess you just have to be careful...And use common sense. Also, riiflex would more likely be used for Wii Fit or something similar...Not tennis or baseball. Of course you could use it for that if you wanted to though. I am proud to say I have not yet hit anybody with the Wii Remote.
 TriggerGod
01-31-2009, 12:17 AM
weight training for fat people.
 Darth Eclipse
02-02-2009, 8:06 AM
Exactly lol. And strength training for...Non-fat people... :xp:
 Mav
02-20-2009, 2:30 AM
As long as you wear the wrist strap then that will not happen because the weight attaches to the Wii Remote. So make sure you people wear the wrist strap! As for randomly swinging it around and hitting someone....I guess you just have to be careful...And use common sense. Also, riiflex would more likely be used for Wii Fit or something similar...Not tennis or baseball. Of course you could use it for that if you wanted to though. I am proud to say I have not yet hit anybody with the Wii Remote.Are you sure that wrist strap is 5+ pound test? 'sides who actually wears the wrist strap, safety is for losers. :xp:
 Lynk Former
02-20-2009, 10:21 AM
lol, I don't wear the wrist straps but it's funny how Nintendo keeps coming out with stronger and thicker ones every so often XD
 Mav
02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
yea first they thicken the wrist straps and then they come out with this monstrosity...

http://www.gamesireland.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/free-wii-mote-jacket.jpg)

It's almost as if they don't want people to get hurt... not like it works anyway.
 Jeff
02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I like how when the Wii remote is shown in-game like telling you to move it a certain way, it shows it with the condom on. XD
 Lynk Former
02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
I've never held a Wiimote with that on, but I imagine it to feel VERY weird... I prefer my Wiimotes strapless and bare. :D :D :D
 Jeff
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I think I've used a Wiimote with it on once on somebody else's Wii. Some people complain that the remote is too big, and this just makes it worse (though the size is fine for me).
 Mav
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM
I think I've used it, with the rubber on once, on somebody else's Wii.Edited for hilarity :p
 Jeff
02-20-2009, 1:01 PM
Die. :p
 Darth Eclipse
03-01-2009, 8:34 AM
I always use that rubber covering on my Wii Remotes. I always use the wrist strap also. I just don't want to buy a new remote lol. :)
 Lynk Former
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
There's more chance of you breaking everything else than the Wiimote itself. Nintendo makes those things to be abused and punished fiercely. Unless there's a manufacturing defect, your Wiimote should live longer than you will.
 Te Je'karta Mand'alor
03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
the wii is stupid... i only like PCs and PS2s
 Jeff
03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
the wii is stupid... i only like PCs and PS2s:dozey: Thanks for that.
 LordOfTheFish
03-01-2009, 12:14 PM

:tsk: Not nice, keep the nasty comments to thyself.

My answer:

I don't use the strap (don't even own the rubber thingy) because I'm not an idiot, and I wont let the wii mote fly out of my hand. :p
 Mav
03-01-2009, 2:29 PM
There's more chance of you breaking everything else than the Wiimote itself. Nintendo makes those things to be abused and punished fiercely. Unless there's a manufacturing defect, your Wiimote should live longer than you will.Yes, I once read somewhere that only 3 things will survive the apocalypse, cockroaches, Twinkies, and the Wiimote.
 Lynk Former
03-01-2009, 3:36 PM
Actually all Nintendo products will survive the apocalypse because they're all made out of Nintendium.

@ scavangerman34: Care to expand on that by telling us why you think it's stupid?
 Pho3nix
03-01-2009, 3:44 PM
This is sig-quotable material right here!

I almost feel compelled to nominate this as "post of the year".
 Darth Eclipse
04-06-2009, 8:20 AM
They just updated the riiflex website! http://www.riiflex.com/)
Page: 1 of 1