Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

18th Century Vampire Hunting.

Page: 1 of 1
 Astor
01-19-2009, 6:00 PM
Would anyone be interested? I've got a few ideas, but i'd like to see if people are interested in this sort of roleplay first.

So far, this is what i've got by way of a teaser.

January 12th, 1792. Vienna.

A major scandal has occurred. The grave of Mozart, the famous musician and composer, has been found, with freshly dug earth covering it, despite his burial over a month ago. The city, and all of Austria is alive with speculation. Is he still alive? Has his body been moved?

The truth, however, is much more sinister…

I know it sounds outlandish, ludicrous even, but I think it could make for a pretty interesting RP. If anyone is interested, then let me know, and we'll see about creating some characters (the Story is in development, but i'd like to see if there's interest before it's finished, if possible).
 Alkonium
01-19-2009, 6:16 PM
That depends. How Van Helsingesque can I make my character? Aside from the working for the church part, of course.
 Astor
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
That depends. How Van Helsingesque can I make my character? Aside from the working for the church part, of course.

Well, there's no problems with making him Van Helsingesque... Just so long as he isn't called Van Helsing. :)

Although, the Church isn't the benefactor here. They play a part, and no doubt are important, but the 'employer' as it were are a group detailed below.

Members of the Priory of St. Michael, a secretive group, widely believed to be an exclusive gentleman’s club, has recently arrived in Vienna. The Priory is, in fact, an organisation dedicated to defending the world at large from the threat posed by the supernatural. Created by Francis Bacon, over a century ago, it has worked in the shadows to counter the threats that would otherwise overrun the world.

With agents in every court in Europe, The Colonies, and the Middle East, they are at the forefront of the fight, and have been closely following Mozart for several years. Now, they suspect that the suspicions they have held about one of Europe’s greatest composers are true.
 The Doctor
01-20-2009, 12:00 PM
It would depend on how original the plot is. If it's just a Van Helsing-esque story, then I'll pass, but if you can make it original I'm all for it.
 Astor
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Van Helsing is always the first comparison, but i'm hoping that the plot, which is coming along nicely, and the feel won't simply be 'Van Helsing'.

I'm hoping to get a bit of a swash-buckling, Errol Flyn feel to things - except with Vampires. :)
 Astor
01-21-2009, 4:27 PM
Right, I have some pretty firm ideas, and the story is shaping up nicely.

What sorts of characters would be people be interested in playing? There's plenty of opportunities, and lots of room for ideas and suggestions - Gentlemen, Commoners, anything really.

Although, some fore-knowledge or experience of vampires/supernatural creatures would be ideal, but there's room for anything.
 The Doctor
01-21-2009, 5:09 PM
I've become quite fond of a character in Pillars of the Earth, who I'd like to emulate in certain ways. I'll write up a character profile and get back to you ASAP.
 Astor
01-21-2009, 5:11 PM
Brilliant! A warning though, the story will involve a lot of travelling - London's a long way from Vienna...
 The Doctor
01-21-2009, 5:42 PM
That's fine - I plan on bringing my own character from Wales. :xp:
Page: 1 of 1