Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BioWare Exec speaks about strength of PC market

Page: 1 of 1
 News
01-19-2009, 3:30 PM
Contrary to what most may think, BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka has spoken out about the strength of the PC gaming market and feels it is in fine shape. The areas where it is doing well is different than the industry is used to however. “I think there are more people playing PC games [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/bioware-exec-speaks-about-strength-of-pc-market/)
 True_Avery
01-19-2009, 3:38 PM
I'd believe that. While consoles tend to have a more select market, PC's are there regardless. The money crisis may cause less high powered computers to be floating around, so more casual experiences could definitely hit a right tone within the market.

World of Warcraft, for example, is still growing.
 Zwier Zak
01-25-2009, 8:36 AM
I belive it's the developers who weaken the pc market. If there were more games more people would play.
 CrisG
01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
I totally agree, PC is very strong and many millions play and prefer it, so i am very glad (but not suprrised because Biowar has cool and smart ppl) that this is realized.
 Web Rider
01-28-2009, 3:47 AM
I belive it's the developers who weaken the pc market. If there were more games more people would play.

If there were more playable games people would play. I picked up RA3 for the PC a while ago, yeah okay, EA automatically ruins everything it gets it's hands on, but the specs said it's minimum requirements were 64mb graphics card, I have a 128 and I can only barely run the game on it's minimum settings.

Developers need to realize that gamers aren't social elites, we don't have thousands of dollars to drop on the latest machine to run the latest game that we know will be outdated in a year.(or a month depending on just how high end it is). And it doesn't help that the cost of games is going up and the quality isn't matching.

An MMO doesn't warrant a high cost or a monthly fee, a good game does, if that game is an MMO, we'll pay for it, but we're not walking wallets.
 Prime
01-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I belive it's the developers who weaken the pc market. If there were more games more people would play.I think you have that backwards. If more people would play PC games (and they had lower dev costs), they would make more.
Page: 1 of 1