Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Offline gameplay?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Eclipse
01-13-2009, 8:58 AM
I just wanted to know for sure that there will be no offline gameplay. I just really wanted this game but I can't get it if it's only offline. :(
 jrrtoken
01-13-2009, 9:40 AM
Actually, for me, it's the complete opposite. Having only onlie gameplay would seem awfully boring and repetitive, IMO.

Either way, BioWare hasn't said anything about offline gameplay. Actually, they've barely said anything substantial about TOR yet.
 DAWUSS
01-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Considering it's an MMO, I doubt there's going to be any offline gameplay. But if there was offline gameplay, it better not be P4P
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-13-2009, 2:17 PM
Depending on how the MMO mechanics work, it could end up a really awful offline experience.
 LordOfTheFish
01-13-2009, 3:13 PM
Two game plays are better than one, I suppose. I doubt offline will be as good...
 Jeff
01-13-2009, 4:10 PM
Yeah, don't count on any offline play.
 SW01
01-13-2009, 6:10 PM
At this stage, I think it would be highly undesirable to have a split game. BioWare is dedicated to making a groundbreaking MMO, so I would rather they focus on that than work at some semblance of a single player mode that would likely be clumsy (adapting an MMO format storyline for SP doesn't sound at all easy...) and online play that is little more than a glorified multiplayer mode.

As they are intent on an MMO, it would be better to focus all energy on that, and produce something astounding and worthy of the franchise, not worry about splitting it.
 GeneralPloKoon
01-13-2009, 6:51 PM
I didn't even consider offline play....seems kinda um, useless.
Page: 1 of 1