Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hiding objects that are part of a skybox...

Page: 1 of 1
 Marius Fett
01-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Ok, i'm doing a retexture of the the Ravager Bridge, and i've run into a problem.

I've managed to "hide" the explosions, laser blasts and nebulae etc, and i've even managed to hide Telos, by making them invisible.

The Sith fighters however, are a bit of a problem.

THEY WON'T GO AWAY!

I've tried what I did with the other textures (turning the alpha channel all the way up to make them invisible) and that didn't work. (All it did was make them really shiny)

I tried removing them fom the model, that didn't work.

I really can't think of anything else to do.

If anyone has any suggestions on this, they are very welcome. :)
 LordRevan999
01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
MF,I think the sith fighters have CM_baremetal effect in .2da so you will have to remove the effect from the .2da first and then the fighters will go invisible.Hope it helps.
EDIT:Ok,I found out that there is no .2da line for the fighters.I am going to try removing them.
 Marius Fett
01-11-2009, 1:43 PM
Ok, Darth InSidious was nice enough to remind me that there are two Ravager Bridge areas (852NIH and 853NIH, which are the area you visit, and the Visas and Nihilus cutscene areas respectively).

The cutscene one has no fighters in the skybox, so i've borrowed the cutscene one, and switched it with the other one.

Problem solved.

(If you want to see the area reskin, go to my profile and there are some screenshots and renders in my Album. They haven't got the retextured skybox in yet though. :))
Page: 1 of 1