Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Appearance.2da issue [K2]

Page: 1 of 1
 correllian_thug
01-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I am working on changing the appearance of the party, i wanted to change T3-M4 ot a war droid and as you will see in the picture i have managed to do that, sort of, the pose u see the droid in is exactly how he stays, when i move him he still rolls like T3 its like the real him is invisible and my change is like a puppet. worst still i get to a point in peragus were u access the panel to get to the fuel lines, when i enter the room T3 takes the guard stance and refuses to move. How do i get T3 to move like the war droid?

here's the pic: http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3473/53675821ho9.th.jpg) (http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=53675821ho9.jpg)

i have already successfully finished one appearance editing, turning Atton into a caucasian female based off luxa, on that point can i edit sound files of the dialogue?

also been playing with Kreia's appearance but that one needs working....
 Star Admiral
01-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Won't it be easier to change the appearance of the NPC by editing the utc's as opposed to the appearance.2da? You might want to change T3's appearance to a War Droid by changing p_t3m4.utc.

- Star Admiral
 correllian_thug
01-01-2009, 10:35 PM
yeah i thought so too but that just gave the same problem, besides i'm using the appearance 2da. for when i make custom skins
 Canderis
01-01-2009, 10:41 PM
You could make a new entry in the appearance.2da file and then edit the utc to use it instead.
 Star Admiral
01-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Not an expert with appearance.2da, but what did you change with in that file? Did you replace T3M4's original line completely with the values from the line for the War Droids?

- Star Admiral
 correllian_thug
01-01-2009, 10:48 PM
yeah i made a new entry and all the values are like that of the war droid, except for the name of course, if what your suggesting is pretty much the solution i guess i best just start from the beginning again....
 Star Admiral
01-01-2009, 10:52 PM
You could try that if you want. Else you can wait until tomorrow. I know that there are some more talented individuals than me who probably could figure out exactly what your problem is. Sorry about that.

- Star Admiral
 correllian_thug
01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
no worries at all thanks for taking the time to try and help me:), i'll try again and if that's not gonna work then i'll comeback, lol i'll be back either way

Edit: well got it workings, seems like i just had to start a new game, not how i was hoping to get it going but oh well, got it looking as an assassin droid now.
Page: 1 of 1