Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Old Republic to save EA?

Page: 1 of 1
 News
12-23-2008, 6:00 PM
While everyone is used to seeing the Star Wars galaxy saved on screen and in the games, could Star Wars be the one to save Electronic Arts? According to Cowen Group analyst Doug Creutz, EA has “missed the boat” this time around. This is because of the company’s recent inability to produce hit [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/the-old-republic-to-save-ea/)
 jrrtoken
12-23-2008, 6:06 PM
I hope this game fails just to punish EA for getting too overconfident. And of course for manufacturing sub-par and shovelware titles.
 HK-42
12-23-2008, 7:26 PM
I hope this game fails just to punish EA for getting too overconfident. And of course for manufacturing sub-par and shovelware titles.

I hope the game dosent fail, but EA dies anyway, and Bioware continues making content.
 Web Rider
12-24-2008, 4:24 AM
Last I looked, EA owned a good 2/3rds of the gaming market, and while not producing great games, owns and produces most of the generic major titles in gaming, such as every sports game known to consoles. Why does EA need saving?
 TheRogueForums
12-24-2008, 4:31 AM
EA needs saving simply because they now own Bioware. I hope this game is successful enough to allow Bioware to re-assert themselves as an independent company.
 jrrtoken
12-24-2008, 8:24 AM
I suppose the government will issue a bailout to save the gaming industry. :xp:
 TheRogueForums
12-24-2008, 8:58 AM
Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to. I think the bail-outs are about to dry up, though.
 Alegis
12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Hating EA is so '07. Get on with the times, update your boycott filters. Activision is the new EA.

Also, according to analyst Alegis from the Alegis Analyst Group, game analysts never have anything interesting to say.
 Jeff
12-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I still can't say I'm an EA fan, but I was glad to see them take more risks this year with Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, it's just too bad they didn't sell well at all.
 Yar-El
12-26-2008, 9:41 PM
I don't think its too late to create a Old Republic game; however, I wonder if its too late to enter the MMO arena. Time is making the gamestyle stagnated and oldschool. Its arrival to the market may be too late. LucasArts' past games borrowed from previous styles; however, they seem to enter it when people are moving onward. Several people might approach this game as been there, done that. Will The Old Republic save EA? I don't have a clear guess. They will make some money off of it; however, I don't think anyone knows what the game market will look like at it's release.

I haven't played a MMO before; nevertheless, I'm getting a oldschool feeling from it's game style.
 Rev7
12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
I suppose the government will issue a bailout to save the gaming industry. :xp:
I would laugh if that happened :lol:
Page: 1 of 1