Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installing the game to hard drive

Page: 1 of 1
 MajinMikeyX
12-21-2008, 3:37 AM
Just wondering for anyone who's done it, how does the game run when you install it to the hard drive? I won't know until I hopefully get a hard drive for Christmas.
 Shem
12-21-2008, 5:39 AM
Well, just so people know about that feature. You can install the game on your hard drive, but you still have to have the game disc in. There has been some misconception that once you put the game on the hard drive, you don't need the disc and the disappointment that comes with users who thought they have outsmarted Microsoft.

Anyway, any game I have installed on the hard drive has ran much smoother and the Xbox 360 uses less energy to run. It's a nice little feature.
 MajinMikeyX
12-21-2008, 3:52 PM
Yeah, I know you still gotta have the disk in there even with it installed. I think that's a good thing in a way, so people can't "cheat" and just rent a game and install it and there, they have the game. So that's good.

So they run MUCH smoother? And is it true that the 360 is cooler, or takes longer to get super hot because it's not processing the information from the disk constantly? So if I get the hard drive, and install TFU, I won't be seeing some slow fps going on anymore? Cus I've encountered a slow down on the Tie Factory like when I broke a window to outer space and a whole bunch of stormtroopers flew through, then it got all slow until I got out of the area. It happens rarely but still. I'm just worried about disk scratching, so this will eliminate that problem I guess.
 starwind40
02-12-2009, 9:11 PM
yeah, I have noticed a slight performance enhancement. (but the main loading always occurs during the movies, that's why you can't fast forward thru them until about half way through the movie). IU still wil get a slight slow down if a Crap load of stuff happens at once, but did not distract from the game. Like when I did a big ass Force REpulse on the deathstar level with about 10 guys around me and crates. it was like slow-mo matrix style.

and yeah, my 360 stays a bit cooler and a Hell of a lot Quieter without that helicopter disc-drive spinning the whole time. LOL!!!
 kayanat
03-17-2009, 5:46 AM
How do I get downloadable content from Xbox Live? I recently bought a game for the Xbox 360 and loved it. I have now found out that they have released a new level or something on Xbox live. Now I'm not on Xbox live (yet) but I'm considering going on because this game is such quality. How do I get this downloadable content from Xbox live? Do I need to pay to access the marketplace to buy it?
 LordOfTheFish
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+get+downloadable+content+from+Xbox+Liv) e%3F)

Google is your friend, use it. :)
 Sith'ari Darth Bane
04-07-2009, 5:41 AM
I have installed it to my hard drive and love how much smoother it is.
Page: 1 of 1