Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Taking Hoth as a Rebel (PS2)

Page: 1 of 1
 Jester72MI
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
This doesn't always work the way I want it to, but when it does, it works big.

Spawn in Echo Base and hop in a Speeder. Fly over to their far CP (Forward something-or-other) and land the Speeder directly on it. this gives you badly needed COVER. Dance around your Speeder defending yourself until the CP is taken. Then range out and kill any Imp stragglers who could retake it. Once that CP is secure, hop in and fly over to the Bunker to defend it. Get in a turret and blast their Scout Walkers first - they can't respawn since you're holding the CP. Then go to work on the AT-ATs. Each time an AT-AT respawns, be sure you go back on defend the Forward CP from the troops they spawn.
 Rogue Leader 2010
07-03-2010, 11:02 PM
It's brilliant! (imitates Patrick Star) oh, but I see one big flaw in your plan. What about defending Echo Base? After all, I seem to notice that as best as you defend the rest of the CPs somehow a lone imperial ALWAYS makes it to Echo Base and then captures it along with the Control CP. Nah, better strategy; Fly in the Snowspeeder for the whole battle as a pilot and take down the AT-ATs as well as the trooper units because they fall quickly to cannon fire. I know, it's predictable but it still works for me. Besides, even IF Echo Base gets captured (you can't respawn Snowspeeders) it'll be a moot point since you are already in one. And also, as long as you take down the AT-ATs then strangely enough, the AI will still win even without you defending your CPs and helping them out down there. (True story; did it countless times in story and IA mode) Plus, those turrets take longer to kill the walkers. (Except in the sequel where the dish turrets are severely damaging to all enemies; infanry OR vehicle!) Yeah, defending Echo Base ALWAYS takes point because it provides snowspeeders. Plus, it also lets you control the Control CP easier because you have forces coming from BOTH sides.
 Bokken
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Don't post in old topics...
Page: 1 of 1