Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Graphics 2009 IBL Final Released

Page: 2 of 3
 Xarwarz
02-28-2009, 11:45 PM
What are the PLCs for?

You know control panels containers stuff thats in every lvl

Could you upload the files to rapidshare?

No i dont like rapidshare to slow

Here are some screenshots of the Ebon Hawk, and Dantooine where I first encountered the problem.

That is bizarre first check and see if you have any duplicates in folder. if not then its a graphics drivers issue. i upgraded my nvidia card drivers to 182 the other day and kotor and tsl stopped working, so i had to downgrade back to my 178 drivers. So this may be your problem the games support is dying you may have to use earlier drivers.
Along with my votes for Korriban, Dxun, Dantooine and Peragus, I vote for Telos. My personal favourite is Korriban, I think it's an absolutely top-notch make-over. Right behind in my ranking is Dxun and Dantooine. Peragus and Telos look alot different than in originally, but I think their looks are cohesive, innovative and very well put together.

Wow korriban is the clear winner here

Thanks for the votes i managed to do a few planets excellently, thanks for noticing how well the textures fit together thats one point i was going for..
 Ganden
03-01-2009, 2:52 AM
That is bizarre first check and see if you have any duplicates in folder. if not then its a graphics drivers issue. i upgraded my nvidia card drivers to 182 the other day and kotor and tsl stopped working, so i had to downgrade back to my 178 drivers. So this may be your problem the games support is dying you may have to use earlier drivers.

I'm inclined to believe it's a graphic driver issue. It began since ATI's 9.1 driver came out.
If anyone is playing the game with this mod and up to date ATI drivers, let us know what you're experiencing :)
 Darth Shan
03-01-2009, 4:55 PM
About the Ebon Hawk Retex:

KOR-Ehok and PER_EH1 and MAL_EBO_Main2

seem to be plain wall texture tiles (reminding a little of Tron). By this, in every module, as well when you look outwise a window on the Ebon Hawk, the ship looks downright silly. You MUST notice this all over the place, on Peragus, Nar Shadaa, at Atris' academy. If you really need a screen, I'll post one.

For the transparencies: It is just the Hutts and the the Spacesuit-Placeable. by the way, I am indeed using an ATI card, which explains the issues.
 Zerimar Nyliram
03-01-2009, 6:10 PM
 Xarwarz
03-01-2009, 9:20 PM
About the Ebon Hawk Retex:

KOR-Ehok and PER_EH1 and MAL_EBO_Main2

seem to be plain wall texture tiles (reminding a little of Tron). By this, in every module, as well when you look outwise a window on the Ebon Hawk, the ship looks downright silly. You MUST notice this all over the place, on Peragus, Nar Shadaa, at Atris' academy. If you really need a screen, I'll post one.

For the transparencies: It is just the Hutts and the the Spacesuit-Placeable. by the way, I am indeed using an ATI card, which explains the issues.

Yes a screen would be helpful there seems to be some ati card issues brewing
 Druganator
03-01-2009, 9:44 PM
Here are some screenshots of the Ebon Hawk, and Dantooine where I first encountered the problem.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/mk86/K2_00000.jpg)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/mk86/K2_00001.jpg)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/mk86/K2_00002.jpg)

HOLY ****TTT!!!! Xarwarz, that would look pretty good for Garqi dont you think? hmmmmm
 Xarwarz
03-01-2009, 11:21 PM
HOLY ****TTT!!!! Xarwarz, that would look pretty good for Garqi dont you think? hmmmmm

You mean the purple??
 Sith Holocron
03-06-2009, 6:57 PM
 memarik
03-07-2009, 6:34 AM
now that i have seen all the work in the game of this mod it has come to me in my opinion

(note that these are my review of the retextures so i mean no offence) : the ebon hawks exterior skin was horrible, telos i didnt like cos there was so much different colors i like it the way it was simple :) other than that nar shaddaa, dxun, onderon, dantooine and korriban were were nice especially onderon cos it gave the real comic book aspect :) 3.5/5
 Xarwarz
03-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Posted on Demonoid at

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1824281/?rel=1236408116)

Thanks for the hook up

now that i have seen all the work in the game of this mod it has come to me in my opinion

(note that these are my review of the retextures so i mean no offence) : the ebon hawks exterior skin was horrible, telos i didnt like cos there was so much different colors i like it the way it was simple :) other than that nar shaddaa, dxun, onderon, dantooine and korriban were were nice especially onderon cos it gave the real comic book aspect :) 3.5/5

Thanks for your vote and trying the mod out at least you liked six planets
 memarik
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah no problem :P everything else was fine i hope i didnt offend you?
 Zerimar Nyliram
03-08-2009, 2:46 PM
Would someone be willing to make videos of their game with this mod so we get a better idea of what it all looks like? I think that would be helpful.
 Xarwarz
03-09-2009, 4:05 AM
Would someone be willing to make videos of their game with this mod so we get a better idea of what it all looks like? I think that would be helpful.

i suppose that would be a good idea
 memarik
03-09-2009, 8:22 AM
yeah i think to.. maeby i can make a video of my game whit this mod so the mod maker can see what are the flaws.. :D i mean it is good but i can show you what i dont like and maeby you can have new ideas or updates to make..
 Xarwarz
03-09-2009, 11:12 PM
yeah i think to.. maeby i can make a video of my game whit this mod so the mod maker can see what are the flaws.. :D i mean it is good but i can show you what i dont like and maeby you can have new ideas or updates to make..

good idea i'll check it out
 Skykilla
03-21-2009, 7:32 PM
Alright, where to start....

Well, first off - the fact you're putting so much work into this game is awesome. It really breathes lifes into this great game with not-so-great graphics, so you hit the spot with your mod :) I really appreciate your work.

I still haven't downloaded the newest version, but I've been playing with your older work for some time and from what I've seen fom the screens, you left some stuff I don't like. Be prepared that my information may be outdated, as I only recently started to download the final version, so I am pretty much basing my opinion on the previous verion and what I see on the screens.

Firstly - the mirrors\windows on Peragus. I think that they are suppose to be transparent, it's kinda weird if you can't see what's on the other side of the window (as it's sole purpose is to allow you to do it :D ). I think leaving the old texture would work. Other than that the planet reskin is solid (though I'll have to check out how you've reskinned the rock parts, those very pretty shabby in the previous version).

Second - the Ebon Hawk. I think you shouldn't touch it, other than adding some shaders and higher-res texture. The changes to the ship shouldn't be much bigger than in this mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Black_Ebon_Hawk;89210) . The Ebon Hawk is pretty good as it is and screwing with it most often result in catastrophe ("if it ain't broke, why fix it?")

Last - Telos. Although I could go with the colorful Citadel Station, I think it should be gray and depressing. Remember that there are few luxuries on the CS and it is probably made of the cheapest possible materials. I still need to see it with my own eyes, but the screen got me worried. Also, if you haven't changed the Atris' Academy, I'd rework it as well. You should stick to the original idea and try to think how *really* the place would look like - no bubbles\squares whatsoever. This applies to other areas as well - don't be affraid of simple textures and don't add some weird patters to mix things up, remeber that in real life building are often very monotonous.

These are my observations so far, though I suppose I won't be finding more issues, I really liked most of the mod. I'll post once I'll play with it.

And once again, thanks for your effort.
 FaZzZa99
03-22-2009, 7:17 AM
Would someone be kind enough to list how many files are in the folders for each planet?
I've been messing around alot with my override, and want to make sure i haven't accidently deleted anything
 Xarwarz
03-22-2009, 4:02 PM
Alright, where to start....

Well, first off - the fact you're putting so much work into this game is awesome. It really breathes lifes into this great game with not-so-great graphics, so you hit the spot with your mod :) I really appreciate your work.

I still haven't downloaded the newest version, but I've been playing with your older work for some time and from what I've seen fom the screens, you left some stuff I don't like. Be prepared that my information may be outdated, as I only recently started to download the final version, so I am pretty much basing my opinion on the previous verion and what I see on the screens.

Firstly - the mirrors\windows on Peragus. I think that they are suppose to be transparent, it's kinda weird if you can't see what's on the other side of the window (as it's sole purpose is to allow you to do it :D ). I think leaving the old texture would work. Other than that the planet reskin is solid (though I'll have to check out how you've reskinned the rock parts, those very pretty shabby in the previous version).

Second - the Ebon Hawk. I think you shouldn't touch it, other than adding some shaders and higher-res texture. The changes to the ship shouldn't be much bigger than in this mod http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Black_Ebon_Hawk;89210) . The Ebon Hawk is pretty good as it is and screwing with it most often result in catastrophe ("if it ain't broke, why fix it?")

Last - Telos. Although I could go with the colorful Citadel Station, I think it should be gray and depressing. Remember that there are few luxuries on the CS and it is probably made of the cheapest possible materials. I still need to see it with my own eyes, but the screen got me worried. Also, if you haven't changed the Atris' Academy, I'd rework it as well. You should stick to the original idea and try to think how *really* the place would look like - no bubbles\squares whatsoever. This applies to other areas as well - don't be affraid of simple textures and don't add some weird patters to mix things up, remeber that in real life building are often very monotonous.

These are my observations so far, though I suppose I won't be finding more issues, I really liked most of the mod. I'll post once I'll play with it.

And once again, thanks for your effort.

Well you know people are free to delete textures they don't like as far as the windows i didn't mess with them in the final version. I'm interested more in what you think of the final version, so let me know when you play it. On a side note i have a very creative mind so to me the atris academy needed to be changed, but thats just me. My ideas come from why make every planet look plain and the same so when people say it looks to busy thats why i did it.
Appreciate the comments....
Would someone be kind enough to list how many files are in the folders for each planet?
I've been messing around alot with my override, and want to make sure i haven't accidently deleted anything

I have never counted every single texture so ????????
 Skykilla
03-22-2009, 4:14 PM
Well you know people are free to delete textures they don't like as far as the windows i didn't mess with them in the final version. I'm interested more in what you think of the final version, so let me know when you play it. On a side note i have a very creative mind so to me the atris academy needed to be changed, but thats just me. My ideas come from why make every planet look plain and the same so when people say it looks to busy thats why i did it.

Fair enough, this is your work and you are free to do as you will. I was hoping that you would reconsider and do some adjustments, but oh well :)

Anyway, I have made a fresh install of the game and am currently finishing downloading the mod, so hopefully I'll soon post some more comments.

*EDIT* Peragus looks great. The window issue seems to be gone and the rock parts look way better than before. HK-50 skin is well, bad, but the rest is A+.
 Ganden
03-23-2009, 1:42 AM
An update in relation to the graphics glitch I posted above.
It has now been resolved with the current 9.3 ATI drivers :)
 Xarwarz
03-23-2009, 2:22 AM
An update in relation to the graphics glitch I posted above.
It has now been resolved with the current 9.3 ATI drivers :)

glad to hear it enjoy the mod... now only if the nvida drivers would resolve their issues
 ZimmMaster
03-24-2009, 4:46 PM
I have a list of the files that make the Ebon Hawk look out of place. If there are wrong files listed for removal please tell me and also I can't seem to find the file for Nar Shaddaa, Dxun and Onderon. If you can find these files please let me know.

Here are the files needed for fixes:

Dantooine -
Dxun -
Harbringer - None
Korriban - KOR_Ehok.tga
Malachor V - MAL_EBO_Main2.tga
Onderon -
Peragus - PER_EH1.tga
Telos - TEL_hawk.tga
Nar Shaddaa -
Ebon Hawk - LEH_ehawk02.tga
 Xarwarz
03-25-2009, 3:15 AM
I have a list of the files that make the Ebon Hawk look out of place. If there are wrong files listed for removal please tell me and also I can't seem to find the file for Nar Shaddaa, Dxun and Onderon. If you can find these files please let me know.

Here are the files needed for fixes:

Dantooine -
Dxun -
Harbringer - None
Korriban - KOR_Ehok.tga
Malachor V - MAL_EBO_Main2.tga
Onderon -
Peragus - PER_EH1.tga
Telos - TEL_hawk.tga
Nar Shaddaa -
Ebon Hawk - LEH_ehawk02.tga

What is out of place excatly? thanks
 ZimmMaster
03-25-2009, 4:30 PM
What is out of place excatly? thanks

It is what Darth Shan was talking about. The wall texture that made he Ebon Hawk look really bad. And I quote It looks like the Ebon Hawk was molded from the walls of the module. I hope this answers your question if it does not let me know.
 Xarwarz
03-25-2009, 9:00 PM
It is what Darth Shan was talking about. The wall texture that made he Ebon Hawk look really bad. And I quote I hope this answers your question if it does not let me know.

Ah i see well i agree its not the best looking ebon hawk but it would take months to redraw the entire texture to a 2048 size that would look good. of coarse i'm sure there is some talented modder out there that could do it...
 ZimmMaster
03-26-2009, 9:20 AM
Ah i see well i agree its not the best looking ebon hawk but it would take months to redraw the entire texture to a 2048 size that would look good. of coarse i'm sure there is some talented modder out there that could do it...

Glad we got that cleared up.
 DarthRevan2007
03-28-2009, 9:19 AM
Awesome Mod
 Triple-Eight
03-31-2009, 9:57 AM
this skins are awesome :thmbup1: i download it now.
but i have a question.
can i use the skins for Datooine/Korriban/EbonHawk for Kotor1 too?:confused:
 memarik
03-31-2009, 2:08 PM
i think its not possible meaby the exterior ebon hawk retexture may work but the inside texture wont cos they are different size in the two games

and dantooine wont work cos its alldifferent from kotor 1 sam goes for korriban so basically no it wont work for most part..
 Ghost Down
04-03-2009, 5:52 AM
Is it me, or do some textures look out of place?
 Xarwarz
04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Is it me, or do some textures look out of place?

Which textures are...
 strikerdes
04-17-2009, 10:39 PM
amazing (: well done, dantooine looks brilliant
 Xarwarz
04-18-2009, 3:40 AM
amazing (: well done, dantooine looks brilliant
glad u liked it let me know what you think of the other planets
 Darth Crados
02-11-2010, 3:54 PM
well, i've only downloaded some of the parts of this enhancement (the ones i liked in the screenshots).
Well Dxun is great. I was bugged on the original dxun that it was grass grass grass ( I know, it's a jungle). But this gave dxun a new, and better, look.
Peragus is simply amazing. It gives the area a nem fun to play ( I stopped skiping Peragus mainly because of this mod).
Korriban is AWESOME. It gives a way better look, especially to the valley of the dark lords.
I only have a few things to ask:
Have you changed the sith trooper armor? Since I installed this ( I installed the creatures and PLC originally, but deleted them) the armor looks too shiny to me.
Other thing that bugs me is the sith holocron (and sith monument if you have the jedi temple mod). I mean a white sith holocron?? I don't know about you guys, but a white sith holocron is awful.
Could you tell me what are the files (if they indeed exist) that change the color of the holocron, as well as the sith trooper thing? I'd greately appreciate it
It is just great but 4/5 for some things I didn't like (mainly the creatures)
Nice job Xarwarz ;)
 Jack Attack
02-11-2010, 9:22 PM
Marvelous, wonderful, acomplished, and spectacular are words to describe your work from what I've seen and read so far. I am anxious to play. I'll be playing though the game and if there's anything that I could point out that has room for improvement or was done exceptionally well, I will let you know. Is there anyone skilled enough out there who happens to be working to modify the body language and mannerisms of the characters in the game? Maybe Drewton could with his TSLMIM or you since it seems that you would have skills related to that at least with what you have done with the graphics. I hardly play video games at all if that has an obvious answer. But they are fun when I do play them, and all of you who worked to basically recreate Kotor 2 have really got me into playing and using your work on the game.
 Phildevil
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Hum, I may be mistaken, but I believe that skinning/texturing as done by Xarwars is not related to modifying the body language. Even as I cannot state what would be involved in altering the such, I am pretty much sure it is a different type of modding. Besides, what you propose (body language and the such) should probably be posted in the request forum...
 Jack Attack
02-13-2010, 1:21 PM
Hum, I may be mistaken, but I believe that skinning/texturing as done by Xarwars is not related to modifying the body language. Even as I cannot state what would be involved in altering the such, I am pretty much sure it is a different type of modding. Besides, what you propose (body language and the such) should probably be posted in the request forum...

I'm not surprised that it's not related. Yes I should put it the request forum, but it was just a question as to whether or not someone is working on that. I am actually somewhat surprised then that no one has yet since every character has the same small set of body movements. Though I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt that it may be the most difficult and complicated of anything to modify and people have been more concerned with things like the cut content maybe.
 Nick Vader
02-20-2010, 10:00 AM
this skins are awesome :thmbup1: i download it now.
but i have a question.
can i use the skins for Datooine/Korriban/EbonHawk for Kotor1 too?:confused:

There is Xarwarz's thread for KotOR 1. Take a look at it here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198801)
 Xarwarz
02-22-2010, 1:07 AM
well, i've only downloaded some of the parts of this enhancement (the ones i liked in the screenshots).
Well Dxun is great. I was bugged on the original dxun that it was grass grass grass ( I know, it's a jungle). But this gave dxun a new, and better, look.
Peragus is simply amazing. It gives the area a nem fun to play ( I stopped skiping Peragus mainly because of this mod).
Korriban is AWESOME. It gives a way better look, especially to the valley of the dark lords.
I only have a few things to ask:
Have you changed the sith trooper armor? Since I installed this ( I installed the creatures and PLC originally, but deleted them) the armor looks too shiny to me.
Other thing that bugs me is the sith holocron (and sith monument if you have the jedi temple mod). I mean a white sith holocron?? I don't know about you guys, but a white sith holocron is awful.
Could you tell me what are the files (if they indeed exist) that change the color of the holocron, as well as the sith trooper thing? I'd greately appreciate it
It is just great but 4/5 for some things I didn't like (mainly the creatures)
Nice job Xarwarz ;)

Sorry i didn't respond didn't think anyone remembered this thread. No i didn't change any armors just the creatures but i'm glad you like the mod. I'm going to do a re up and and some new better textures i created. Uh the sith holocron texture is in the telos folder

Marvelous, wonderful, acomplished, and spectacular are words to describe your work from what I've seen and read so far. I am anxious to play. I'll be playing though the game and if there's anything that I could point out that has room for improvement or was done exceptionally well, I will let you know. Is there anyone skilled enough out there who happens to be working to modify the body language and mannerisms of the characters in the game? Maybe Drewton could with his TSLMIM or you since it seems that you would have skills related to that at least with what you have done with the graphics. I hardly play video games at all if that has an obvious answer. But they are fun when I do play them, and all of you who worked to basically recreate Kotor 2 have really got me into playing and using your work on the game.

Thanks for the compliments um no i don't do animations thats another department.
 ZimmMaster
02-22-2010, 4:47 PM
Sorry i didn't respond didn't think anyone remembered this thread. No i didn't change any armors just the creatures but i'm glad you like the mod. I'm going to do a re up and and some new better textures i created. Uh the sith holocron texture is in the telos folder

Thanks for the compliments um no i don't do animations thats another department.

How could we forget this thread, it has one of the best texture mods out there. I still wonder why you have not hosted these to KOTOR Files yet.
 Phildevil
02-22-2010, 8:17 PM
Something about them "refusing" (somehow, for unknown reason...) to upload some of them, if I recall.
 ZimmMaster
02-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Something about them "refusing" (somehow, for unknown reason...) to upload some of them, if I recall.

:
After preparing your file as detailed above please use the form below to begin uploading your file if the filesize is BELOW 250 megabytes. If the filesize of your file is ABOVE 250 megabytes you will need to upload the file elsewhere and supply us with the URL of the file by clicking here. An overview of your files which are currently pending approval can be found here

It appears that the files in question being able to be compressed into the specified format is the problem it seems.

If you give me permission, I will gladly submit the textures for you. I will make sure the moderators will be immediately informed that they are your textures not mine.
 Xarwarz
02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
It appears that the files in question being able to be compressed into the specified format is the problem it seems.

If you give me permission, I will gladly submit the textures for you. I will make sure the moderators will be immediately informed that they are your textures not mine.

Well theres a few on kotor files now. Its just that for what ever reason the files expired a while back after i uploaded almost all the planets. Another thing i starting doing is compressing my files in DDS format so it doesn't take long to download. But they don't take dds files. But i making a new TSL VISUAL ENHANCEMENT should be out in 2011 so if you want to upload the ones that aren't on there sure go ahead.
 ZimmMaster
02-23-2010, 9:16 PM
Well theres a few on kotor files now. Its just that for what ever reason the files expired a while back after i uploaded almost all the planets. Another thing i starting doing is compressing my files in DDS format so it doesn't take long to download. But they don't take dds files. But i making a new TSL VISUAL ENHANCEMENT should be out in 2011 so if you want to upload the ones that aren't on there sure go ahead.

I've got the OK from jonathan7 too. I will begin submitting tommorow. Full credit will be given to you Xarwarz.
 Xarwarz
02-24-2010, 3:25 AM
I've got the OK from jonathan7 too. I will begin submitting tommorow. Full credit will be given to you Xarwarz.

ok thanks
 nsinger998
03-14-2010, 2:07 PM
really awesome mod. What some people meant with the ebon hawk is that you used the wrong texture for some of the ebon hawk stuff. what you used appear to have been wall textures. I looked at the PER_EH1.tga in this mod:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Reskins_by_Drizzt425;89455)
and it was totally different then what you used in your mod. oh, did anybody have black floor tiles in the ebon hawk?
 Xarwarz
03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
really awesome mod. What some people meant with the ebon hawk is that you used the wrong texture for some of the ebon hawk stuff. what you used appear to have been wall textures. I looked at the PER_EH1.tga in this mod:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Reskins_by_Drizzt425;89455)
and it was totally different then what you used in your mod. oh, did anybody have black floor tiles in the ebon hawk?

Well the new ebon hawk interior i finished will look way better in the new mod so forget that older ebon look
 nsinger998
03-20-2010, 11:14 PM
oh cool. your stuff is good either way. its like playing a new game.
 N-5/Prudii
03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Duxnis pretty good, except for the leaves texture on the walls. If I may ask, what is the name of that texture?
 Xarwarz
03-22-2010, 2:16 AM
oh cool. your stuff is good either way. its like playing a new game.

Thanks but the new one will be better at different parts

Duxnis pretty good, except for the leaves texture on the walls. If I may ask, what is the name of that texture?

DXN_clif3
Page: 2 of 3