Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with new clothing mod

Page: 1 of 1
 correllian_thug
12-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I've started making a new mod for clothing, based of the underwear model but I'm hitting a snag on how to make it an equip able item. now looking at the forums i found out part of the solution. so i've edited the baseitem 2da and copied the clothing line, change the name to what i desire, that's all cool. my problem is with the uti file, do I make a new file or do i edit one within Kotor tool?

is there a tool to open a uti/utc already in override folder without using Kotor tool?.

my final question is toward the tga files for the underwear, i want to use pfbas, i will rename it to something else, how then do i make the new item use that texture?

Note: i will be making multiple variations and adding attributes....
 HK-42
12-16-2008, 12:44 AM
I've started making a new mod for clothing, based of the underwear model but I'm hitting a snag on how to make it an equip able item. now looking at the forums i found out part of the solution. so i've edited the baseitem 2da and copied the clothing line, change the name to what i desire, that's all cool. my problem is with the uti file, do I make a new file or do i edit one within Kotor tool?

I THINK you should just edit the one in kotor tool but be sure to edit the tag and resref. I would wait for someone more experinced with items to post(its late here everyones asleep)

is there a tool to open a uti/utc already in override folder without using Kotor tool?.

No use kotor tool(its magic)

my final question is toward the tga files for the underwear, i want to use pfbas, i will rename it to something else, how then do i make the new item use that texture?

Note: i will be making multiple variations and adding attributes....

I dont know this part, again wait for someone else to respond, in the meantime check out various tuts
 correllian_thug
12-16-2008, 12:54 AM
no worries, i'll see if i can find something and check back tomorrow after everyone's been on again:)
 Star Admiral
12-16-2008, 1:23 AM

Depends on whether you want to change an existing clothing or add a new one. If you want to replace an existing one, you'll edit the file within KT and save the modified one back into your Override folder with the same name as the original. If you want to add a new one, you'll also edit the file within KT, but you'll save it with a new name to avoid overwriting an existing outfit.

is there a tool to open a uti/utc already in override folder without using Kotor tool?

There's always the K-GFF Editor. It is a very efficient utility, but if you're new to modding, it can be quite a challenge to understand everything. Best to start with KT.

The easiest way to add new items is to follow the exact same naming convention used by the game. Assuming you do, you'll name the texture .tga to be pfbasxx.tga, where the xx is the next in the number of textures. Say the game has textures going from pfbas01.tga to pfbas05.tga. Your new texture would use pfbas06.tga and within KT, you'll set the .uti's texture variation field to use 6.

Hope that helps. :)

- Star Admiral
 correllian_thug
12-16-2008, 8:33 PM
awesome thanks a lot i'll see what i come up with now:)
 correllian_thug
12-17-2008, 1:20 AM
sorry about the double post but im really having trouble getting this done, as i said i edited the base items and copied the basic clothing line, i then changed;

label, to Suit instead of clothing

item class, to a_suit instead of a_clothes

bodvar, to A

i then chose to edit, g_a_clothes01.uti changing to g_a_suit01.uti

inputing these fields:

TemplateResRef: g_a_suit01
Tag: G_A_SUIT01
Base Item: Basic Clothing
Body variation: 0
Model variation:2
Texture variation: 3 (which is pfbas03)

And finally made a new icon ia_g_a_suit001.

now when i go in game and type in the console: giveitem g_a_suit01, i get the new item but the icon is unchanged and i just get another copy of my characters standard clothing (in this case, smugglers)
What am i missing or doing wrong?
 Ferc Kast
12-17-2008, 7:48 AM
sorry about the double post but im really having trouble getting this done, as i said i edited the base items and copied the basic clothing line, i then changed;

label, to Suit instead of clothing
~SNIP~

Base Item: Basic Clothing
~SNIP~

What am i missing or doing wrong?

First, do you have KTool set to read the 2da's in your override. Also, I assume you saved your edited baseitems.2da in your override? If so, there's an easy way to fix the uti.

After opening your edited baseitems.2da, change the name value for your new Base Item to ****. Then, save it in your override. Third, open your uti in KTool. Then, going down the list of Base Items, you should now see (Suit) as an option. Change your Base Item to that and it should work correctly now.

EDIT: Found another problem with what you did.

And finally made a new icon ia_g_a_suit001.

Didn't notice that, but that's not how to label icons. I'll post examples below of how to label them.

Here's how to label icons correctly for equippable armor, clothes, robes and such:
i+(item class value)_0(texture variation number).tga
Here's how to label icons correctly for items with model variations (i.e. lightsabers, guns, etc.):
i+(item class value)_0(model variation number).tga

In the case of your icon, it should be labeled ia_suit_003.tga ;)
 correllian_thug
12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
thanks a lot Ferc Kast I have it working now:)
Page: 1 of 1