Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First in-game footage of The Old Republic coming tomorrow

Page: 1 of 1
 News
12-11-2008, 8:00 PM
Look forward to the first in-game footage of Star Wars: The Old Republic to be released tomorrow in the form of a video documentary! LucasArts and BioWare today announced that the first video documentary for Star Wars: The Old Republic will be posted on the game’s official website (http://www.StarWarstheOldRepublic.com) tomorrow, Friday, December 12. [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/first-in-game-footage-of-the-old-republic-coming-tomorrow/)
 jrrtoken
12-11-2008, 8:14 PM
Finally! Perhaps we may now cast substantial judgment upon TOR.
 SW01
12-11-2008, 9:22 PM
Ought to be interesting, to say the very least. I'm hoping that they have done someting about those robes.

I'll have to give it a look when it comes out, and we can either sing its praises or savage it! :D
 Rathoris
12-12-2008, 4:56 AM
i'm hoping we can finally see the 'dynamic combat system' in action :)
 Hayden Kered
12-12-2008, 6:05 AM
Just hope that it will be something good and not 10 seconds worth of footage repeated over and over!
 Tommycat
12-12-2008, 6:45 AM
Finally! Perhaps we may now cast substantial judgment upon TOR.

Only on the graphics, and gameplay. The story is supposed to be the one thing that is truly unique. While the combat is supposed to be innovative, and no longer the "Combat Dance" it is not the most unique thing to the game.

Though admittedly, if they can somehow make the combat rival the movies combat, I'll be giddy.
 Darth Kruhl
12-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I believe that this game will outshine both kotor 1 and 2. Most definitely.
 adamqd
12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
^^
maybe K2... K1? Impossible
 jrrtoken
12-12-2008, 3:47 PM
Strange that they decided to use music from K2 in the video; I though that BioWare was trying to alienate K2 altogether. >_>

I also see that BioWare is trying to sell this as the best thing since canned bread. The part saying that the dialogue and characters in TOR would be better than K1 & K2 combined made me laugh, and their excuse for using "stylized realism" as an art style was simply a veiled attempt of them trying to make it look like WoW. The lightsaber combat animations look extremely clunky and unnatural, especially how the characters seem to spin around instantly to block a move. They still haven't alluded to whether the combat will be real-time or turn-based, but I hope that it is the latter.

Altogether, I believe that BioWare is putting to much confidence in this product, and using terms such as "best", "largest", and "revolutionary" might just come back to bite them if TOR does fail.
Page: 1 of 1