Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Wing Trilogy

Page: 1 of 1
 gmarti01
12-02-2008, 4:01 PM
Hi again.

So I've been trying to twist some arms and get a special someone to get me X-Wing Trilogy for the Holidays but she is huffing over the pricetag santsmil

Best prices I am finding it for are in the 85-100 dollar range. Am I looking in the right spots (buy.com, ebay, amazon) ? A game 15 years old cannot cost 100 dollars unless they are.........gasp.......considered classics already ?

Wow - maybe I am getting old.
 Wildstar
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
It's also that you can't get as good a deal on Ebay as you used to be able to. I've been looking at bowling balls there, but I always seem to get bid out of my price range (one that factors in the fact that I'll have to get the ball drilled locally for an additional charge).
 gmarti01
12-03-2008, 4:00 PM
LOL - Hillarious. I JUST bought a bowling ball from ebay. What a coincidence. The bidding started off at 20 something and it went for 60. It was just the size, brand, and coverstock i wanted so i maxed by bid. I likely overpaid but whatever.
 gmarti01
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
So Wildstar, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the X-Wing Trilogy edition, but I now have a PC running Windows VISTA. Is this even going to be possible ?
 Wildstar
03-29-2010, 11:48 AM
If you have the 64-bit version of Vista, you'll need the MSI installer packages on Markus Egger's site (http://www.markusegger.at) (and you might want to use them anyway, b/c then you can remove the games through "Programs and Features" in Control Panel if you need to), and I think you already know about the 3D compatibility fix for XW95 and TIE95...it still works in Windows Vista. :)
 gmarti01
03-29-2010, 1:03 PM
The 3D compatibility fix removes the MIDI soundtrack from XW and Tie games, right ? That's a shame.
 Wildstar
03-29-2010, 7:17 PM
No, the Windows versions of those games never had the MIDI music...they were replaced by Redbook audio that is on the CDs.
 gmarti01
08-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Wildstar, I went ahead and got the X-Wing Trilogy off eBay and I must say I am very very pleased. I know the MIDI is missing, but I've gotten over it. It's every bit as awesome as I remember and the graphics upgrade was actually a very nice bonus (particurally X-Wing and Tie Fighter, I just played XWA a couple of years back). Hunting people down in the Missile Boat with a tractor beam and 80 advanced missiles - ahhhhhhhhhhhh amazing. I wish the BoP add on for Xvt was included but I will live. Thanks for your help.
Page: 1 of 1