Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

General 64 bit headaches

Page: 1 of 1
 SRQ
11-25-2008, 8:00 PM
64 bit user here

Jedi Knight, Rebellion, Rogue Squadron. Basicly all of the LA games made before 03' seem to be in 16 bit installers. There has to be a way to copy all of the files and reg settings manually, but how?

On that note, Why don't 16 bit installes work on 64 bit vista?
 Wildstar
11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Vista 64-bit (and XP 64-bit, for that matter) removed support for 16-bit code, so that's why all of those installers don't work in Vista 64-bit. There are MSI-compatible installer packages for the X-Wing series and the Ep. 1 Racer on Markus Egger's site (http://www.markusegger.at). Maybe he'll do installer packages for other games if enough people request them.
 SRQ
11-28-2008, 8:35 PM
Alas he doesn't have a Jedi Knight installer. Isn't there a way i could make one myself? I have a VM and could probably find what Registry settings it makes and stuff, i just don't know how to use that.
Page: 1 of 1