Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worse Way to Die

Page: 1 of 1
 LordOfTheFish
11-18-2008, 4:25 PM
Well, since Litofsky's thread is such a huge hit. I think we need a "worst way to die" thread as well.

I would hate being burnt alive...
 Litofsky
11-18-2008, 5:08 PM
Drowning. I do believe that we, as humans, have a perpetual fear of drowning, gasping for the one thing that we cannot have, killed by the one thing that we cannot live without.

Oh, the irony.
 jrrtoken
11-18-2008, 5:13 PM
The dismemberment of a certain body part, while still alive and conscious. Now, it won't necessarily kill you, but knowing that you've lost that certain part will likely drive you to suicide. Well, at least it will to me. :p
 Nedak
11-18-2008, 6:19 PM
to be microwaved.
 Astor
11-18-2008, 6:30 PM
Alone.

Or to lose blood at a slow, but steady rate.
 JoeDoe 2.0
11-18-2008, 6:42 PM
Kind of morbid thread..

Getting every single bone broken every hour, slow and painful but I guess I'll pass out from all that pain
 Pho3nix
11-18-2008, 7:20 PM
Death by drowning, slow blood loss, pain, being deprived of oxygen and last but not least, being buried alive in a coffin. Those would be...not so nice.
 TriggerGod
11-18-2008, 7:28 PM
getting stabbed, and then left to die out in a field, slowly losing blood. Then the crows come in, and start eating me...

Also, mix in Pastrami's way to be harmed. With that certain part missing while being pecked apart by hungry hungry birdys. :hor:
 Miltiades
11-18-2008, 8:16 PM
Dying too late.
 Q
11-18-2008, 9:08 PM
Having your testicles slowly crushed until you go into shock. Srsly.
 jrrtoken
11-18-2008, 9:22 PM
Having your testicles slowly crushed until you go into shock. Srsly.Yeah, that's far worse than them being dismembered. Still, I think that wouldn't kill you directly.

I've though of a new one, being put in an iron maiden.

And another, one from Viking times, a practice that I believe was called "growing wings". Your abdomen was cut open, your lungs were pulled out of your body and spread out on your chest, in a fashion that it resembled angel's wings. Of course, you were perfectly conscious during the entire ritual. Quite lovely, eh?
 Litofsky
11-18-2008, 9:37 PM
Being flayed (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flay) would be pretty bad, too.
 LordOfTheFish
11-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I went to a museum once with a torture device shaped like a pyramid. You had to sit on it and... I'll stop there but to be tortured that way till death would be something I'd like to miss out on.
 Sabretooth
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Death being stuck in the ventilation shaft of an abandoned building you were exploring, complete with insects and critters crawling over, under and inside you, a grim darkness unyielding in its slow, consuming torment; your mobility sacked by the compact walls of the shaft, cold and hard in their intention of impairing you.

The alternative would be the best way to take revenge on someone: periodically inflict burns on someone for several hours, then chop away their body inch by inch, starting at the ends of the feet and hand, bandaging them promptly to ensure they don't die of blood loss, chopping, cutting, slowly, slowly, feeding them their own flesh and blood, chopping, dicing, their most prized body parts now becoming useless, slowly, one by one, slowly, painfully.
 CommanderQ
11-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Oy, that's a pretty horrible way to die, Sabre.

In my opinion, the worst death would have to be strangulation or drowning. The fear of being unable to breath and slowly feeling your life-force ebb away with each passing second can be pretty horrifying, especially when you can't do anything but stay where you are.

That and getting something stuck in your eye and still live, ugh.

Oh, that or seeing the ones you were meant to protect or care for die or suffer before you do, not a pleasant way to go at all.
 El Sitherino
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I think we need a "worst way to die" thread as well.

No.
Page: 1 of 1