Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Deesra Expanded

Page: 1 of 1
 Veridical
11-15-2008, 5:33 PM
Remember Deesra? He's that Twi'lek Jedi who hangs out near the landing pad on Dantooine, who warns you about the terentatek on your way out after that Star Map business.

I always found him very friendly and helpful, and this mod just makes him a little bit more so. He will now do for aspiring young Jedi what Yuthura will do for novice Sith - he will explain what the heck that "Jedi Code" they all wrap their lives around actually is. What's the big deal about passion? What is "there is no chaos" supposed to mean? How does your character know to tell Juhani her master is one with the Force now? Deesra has the answers.

Still pending at FileFront, but here's a Mediafire link (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xxtglwzozzb).

I actually someday want to make this into a bigger mod, where you can run into Deesra after the Revelation and talk to him about that whole "there is no ignorance; there is knowledge" bit, get a little encouragement to stay Light Side after being massively betrayed by the people who represent that alignment, and maybe get a nifty lightsaber out of the deal or something. But that's well beyond my current capabilities, and I have a very bad track record with long-term hobby projects, so I thought I'd release this now, because it does stand on its own just fine.
 Darth Payne
11-15-2008, 5:55 PM
I like this idea, i really do.

And perhaps some of the wonderfull people here at the Labs can help you with the bigger version of this mod.
 Clone L68362
11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Neat idea...but what makes you think YOU understand the Jedi Code? Unless you happen to be a Jedi Master...:xp:

I wish you could go back to Dantooine after the Leviathan...

Hmm...maybe we can whip up some crazy plot where the Sith only destroyed what they thought was the Enclave, and the real Enclave is hidden enough that the Sith don't find it until after the Star Forge is destroyed? You could have Deesra walk up and explain how the Enclave is hidden and everything when you walk out of the Ebon Hawk and are surprised the Enclave is still there. And then you could leave everything else the same.

But can we even make it so that Dantooine is accessible after the Leviathan?
 Darth Payne
11-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Perhaps a script that will allow you to return?

That is the only idea i have for that part of it.

As for the Jedi code thing? Most jedi have a slightly differing view of the code, espesialy in those days.
 DarthParametric
11-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Hmm...maybe we can whip up some crazy plot where the Sith only destroyed what they thought was the Enclave, and the real Enclave is hidden enough that the Sith don't find it until after the Star Forge is destroyed?Except that Malak and countless fallen Jedi knew exactly where the Enclave was, having spent time there as Padawans or Knights.....

That was something I never understood about the whole torture scene. Why does Karath even bother to ask where it is and why does Bastilla get all pissy if you tell him? Malak already knew. Hell probably most of the galaxy knew. It was hardly a secret base hidden away in some cave or something. It's like saying that the Sith didn't know the main temple was on Coruscant.
 Clone L68362
11-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow...good point. Can't believe I never thought of that...although, do they ever outright say Revan and Malak trained on Dantooine? Revan could've learned from Zhar and others somewhere else...but yeah. I assume they were trained on Dantooine too.

Hmm. Thanks for ruining my awesome idea!:(
 Chevron 7 locke
11-15-2008, 11:51 PM
How about the ability to return to dantooine but the enclave is ruined and you have to fight dark jedi and stuff like that. as you fight the dark jedi more and more jedi show up and help you. The enclave could have bodies around it to seem more realistic and have battle damage on the walls and stuff.
 Veridical
11-16-2008, 4:50 PM
Neat idea...but what makes you think YOU understand the Jedi Code?

Life experience, lots of anthropology courses on the religions and philosophies the Jedi concept draws from, and way, way too much time spent with this genre of story. :shades2:

But can we even make it so that Dantooine is accessible after the Leviathan?

I see two solutions. One, edit the map script so you can go back to the actual modules even after the fourth Star Map. This... wouldn't be ideal; it would all look exactly the same as before and nobody would have appropriate dialog. You might be able to script some of the NPCs disappearing, I don't know, but it would me a massive, massive headache even if you could, and still not create the right atmosphere.

Two, create an entirely new set of modules that can be "Dantooine post-bombardment," and edit the map script to point there after the fourth Star Map (not sure if it can replace the old Dantooine, but I'm sure it can be a new planet at least). This would be really, really easy if it weren't against the rules to port KotOR II stuff into KotOR. As it stands, it would require creating modules from the ground up, and also be a massive headache.

Personally, I was just thinking I'd have Deesra show up on Korriban, so you can run into him when you check out the rodian's store. :)

Wow...good point. Can't believe I never thought of that...although, do they ever outright say Revan and Malak trained on Dantooine?

Based on what Zhar says when you ask him about them, I always figured they trained on Coruscant. But as per the comics, they went all over the place recruiting knights from the other training outposts, and even if they hadn't, Revan and Malak were like a hundred feet from the place when they found the first Star Map, so it's hard to imagine they missed it.
 Darth Payne
11-16-2008, 4:56 PM
Hmm, maybe having T3 recieve a message that Deesra would like to speak to you on either Manaan (at the republic embassy) or Korriban (at Mikas bar).

What do you think?
 Jammy-Jedi
11-16-2008, 6:52 PM
Hmm, maybe having T3 recieve a message that Deesra would like to speak to you on either Manaan (at the republic embassy) or Korriban (at Mikas bar).

What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea, :thmbup1: unless someone wants to reskin the enclave post attack. Also Karath knew the location of the enclave because he says this question was a test when he mentions the attack, if my memory is correct.
 Darth Payne
11-16-2008, 7:41 PM
There is always the possibility that the enclave itself was bombed *after* the rest of the planet.

The sith must have wanted prisoners, Malak did have some jedi prisoners he could drain during the final fight. And didn't he ask if you recognise them from the enclave?
 Allronix
11-17-2008, 4:06 PM
I actually thought, at my first few play-throughs, that you could bring him the artifacts and/or journals of the three fallen Jedi to add to the Archives. It would actually be nice if you could.
 Darth Payne
11-17-2008, 4:19 PM
Now that sounds like a good idea.

Perhaps you could trade the items?
 Clone L68362
11-17-2008, 5:14 PM
We got some good stuff going here. I did always want to give him or someone the journals.
 Darth Payne
11-17-2008, 5:47 PM
It always pussled me that i couldn't really do much with the journals or even the items found with them.
 Veridical
11-18-2008, 2:01 AM
My second playthrough, actually, I did the star maps Kashyyyk->Korriban->Tatooine->Manaan, busting my hump and blowing lots and lots of grenades and medpacks and savegames trying to kill those terentateks at much too low a level, just so I could go back to Dantooine before it got blown up and tell Deesra about what happened to the three Jedi he told me about.

Imagine my dismay when all he says is "oh, you killed a terentatek, that's good but don't let your guard down." So yes, that too is something I would happily expand on in an updated version. I love the idea of him wanting the story for the archives - even if Dantooine is a wreck by the time you talk to him, there's always the library at Coruscant or wherever.

My thought was, the Jedi Council at Dantooine were certainly powerful enough to know Malak was coming for them well before he got there. So while they're all running around making their plans for defense, escape, how best to protect the rest of the planet, etc, Zhar grabs Deesra and sends him off to find you, as the last bit of aid he can provide his padawan (mostly in the form of info and moral support, but a robe or a nice saber crystal would be fitting as well). Deesra won't justify what the Council did to you - he's not one of them, he can't speak for them - but he'll bring you Zhar's apology and try to defend them if you're angry about it. Making it, hopefully, slightly easier to RP all those "I serve the Light" and "have you tried the Jedi" LS conversation choices post-Leviathan. It's always bugged me that there's no way to stay Light Side without also implicitly forgiving and approving of the Jedi Council's act against you, when even the good guys (Jolee is a nice glaring example) seem indifferent to the Jedi at best. Even one person speaking on their behalf would help my game immersion immensely.

What do you think?

How tricky would that be to trigger? I'd think he'd have to grab you while you're still on the Hawk, since there's no guarantee he'll be in your party once you leave the ship.
 Darth Payne
11-18-2008, 6:42 AM
I think having the trigger for T3 in the cockpit of the Hawk might be a good idea as too many mods use on enter scripts as is, though this is just a thought.
 Lord Dagron
11-18-2008, 4:01 PM
Sounds like a cool mod . I'll have to try it.
 Allronix
02-25-2011, 1:17 AM
Sorry for the thread resurrect, but I'm looking for this mod to rebuild my Override and the Mediafire link is dead. Anyone have this little gem on hand?
 ajlbibak
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Yup

<snipped> Please PM the mod, and not post anything the author themselves hasn't put up -- j7

@ j7
Just checked the Readme again and it says:

=====================

USE, CREDIT and RE-UPPING

You can do whatever the heck you want with this mod. You want to use it in one of your mods?
Go for it. You want to post it on some other website because someone was looking for it?
Knock yourself out. You don't even have to tell me about it, much less ask for permission
(though I always appreciate a heads-up). Just be sure to include this readme in any re-post,
or to credit me for my work in any mod that uses the modified dialog.

=====================

Did I misinterpred this?

Nope, my apologies, I was in standard mod mode, usually the links such as this don't have such permissions. Here is the link that ajlbibak originally posted, I'm sorry for having snipped it! -- j7

http://www.mediafire.com/?27x7bvb2j9fb33j)
 Canderis
02-25-2011, 4:27 PM
This seems pretty cool, could you pm it to me also?
 bendarby24
02-27-2011, 2:53 PM
could you pm me as well it you can find my email adress on deadly forum ... i have the same name ... i do a lot other there
 ARC Cody
03-26-2011, 1:01 PM
Would you please PM it to me too?
Page: 1 of 1