Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Main Plot Revealed - Naga Sadow Strikes Back

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthParametric
10-23-2008, 3:44 PM
So it appears there has been a retcon and the leader of this new Sith Empire is none other than Naga Sadow. I thought he was meant to be taking a nap on Yavin IV at this point, but apparently not according to this preview over at IGN - http://pc.ign.com/articles/922/922656p1.html)
 adamqd
10-23-2008, 3:57 PM
Hey, if anyone is gonna be retconned back to kick the Sith back into this era it's gonna be Naga! sounds cool
 SW01
10-23-2008, 4:05 PM
I might have preferred someone new and original, but Sadow works well too!:D
 LordOfTheFish
10-23-2008, 4:26 PM
Sounds like a good enough choice!
 Web Rider
10-23-2008, 5:34 PM
Sounds like a boss raid to me! lol
 LordOfTheFish
10-23-2008, 5:47 PM

Maybe just a little. :xp:
 Fredi
10-23-2008, 5:48 PM
Ohh yeah baby! lol
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-23-2008, 6:40 PM
Seems Revan failed. But other assumptions are also possible. Anyway, there were worse choices for the Emperor, Naga looks fair.
 gstommylee
10-23-2008, 6:45 PM
We don't know if the Emperor is naga or not. The article try to explain the history of the the True Sith Empire after the great hyperspace wars till 3600 bby and did a bad job. Naga Shadow is still dead as far as we know.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-23-2008, 6:55 PM
^

But then, with the Republic reeling from dozens of defeats, Naga Sadow did something else that wasn't expected; he offered peace terms.
Only if they lied. The articles says it clearly.
 TKA-001
10-23-2008, 7:48 PM
I guess the team forgot that Naga Sadow was killed by Freedon Nadd.
 gstommylee
10-23-2008, 7:56 PM
TKA-001

like i said we don't know if the leader of the Sith Empire is Naga Shadow. The article doesn't mention that nor bioware will mention if naga is the leader or not at this point. The article is not that well written in my opinion in explaining the events from 5000 to 3600
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-23-2008, 7:58 PM
Are you reading the same article we did?
 gstommylee
10-23-2008, 8:02 PM
yea and the hyperspace wars was around 5000bby TOR was 3600 naga shadow was killed 4400. IGN wrote the article like Naga Shadow was the leader of the Sith Empire in 3600. Bioware knows better about the history of Star Wars in that era than IGN.com does. IGN.com doesn't research when they write their articles. they trying to explain 1400 years of history in several paragraphs and skipping key events.
 Fredi
10-23-2008, 8:56 PM
It is possible ... and yeah, Naga Sadow was killed by Freedon Nadd, hmmm so it is possible that this empire is more of a continuation of Naga Sadow's empire with a new leader.
 Pikmin
10-23-2008, 9:41 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Marka Ragnos?
 LordOfTheFish
10-23-2008, 9:59 PM
Apparently not...
 SW01
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm wondering now if this was a mistake by ign.com. Clearly, canon shows Sadow is long dead by this point. Also, the official site and any official source seems to be taking great pains to keep the Emperor's identity unknown - surely if it was a recognisable, though relatively unimportant, character like Sadow, it would have been mentioned? It wouldn't be much of a revelation - I doubt the casual Star Wars gamer knows anything about Naga Sadow.

EDIT: Just found a reference that doesn't inspire the greatest confidence when it comes to ign's knowledge of EU material - 'The Valley of the Tombs on Korriban'. Hmmm...
 True_Avery
10-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't see it on the Bioware site.

IGN can make slip ups, and this article is already full of storyline flaws from the beginning. Whoever wrote this obviously has a loose understanding of Old Republic lore.

In short: I'll believe it when I don't hear it second hand on IGN.
 Web Rider
10-24-2008, 1:46 AM
Even if the new Sith Lord is named "Naga Sadow" that doesn't necessarily mean that they actually are. It could just as easily be some new Sith lord playing the part to get the Sith under his control.
 Sabretooth
10-24-2008, 1:52 AM
Haha nice, I love Naga from the comics. Having him return as the Emperor is a great idea in my books and helps tie in the plot with the EU well. I approve!
 Ztalker
10-24-2008, 6:25 AM

YES! He drops the Amazing Sith trinket of +5 vs Wookiee barber shops!
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-24-2008, 8:33 AM
yea and the hyperspace wars was around 5000bby TOR was 3600 naga shadow was killed 4400. IGN wrote the article like Naga Shadow was the leader of the Sith Empire in 3600. Bioware knows better about the history of Star Wars in that era than IGN.com does. IGN.com doesn't research when they write their articles. they trying to explain 1400 years of history in several paragraphs and skipping key events.

I'm not saying I like the explanation any more than you do. But stuff can be retconned.

But yeah, if it proves false, then IGN has deliberatly spread false information there.
 SW01
10-24-2008, 9:00 AM
But yeah, if it proves false, then IGN has deliberatly spread false information there.

I think it's more an oversight than a deceit. Someone has probably glanced at the wiki on the Sith Empire, latched on to Naga Sadow and the Great Hyperspace War, and assumed that it is the same thing.

I suppose that can happen when you have several huge wars over the same thing in a 'short' timeframe.
 Clone L68362
10-24-2008, 6:04 PM
I don't see how the story for this thing can make any sense at all...
 Tommycat
10-24-2008, 9:43 PM
Well if Palpatine can inhabit another person's body after his death, who knows. Might be Naga Sadow in Joe Jedi's body.
 LordOfTheFish
10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I don't see how the story for this thing can make any sense at all...

Well, I guess that's part of the excitement. :xp:
We'll all just have to wait and see.
 Swanea
10-25-2008, 1:54 AM
Well, Marko Ragnos was raised too by whats her face in JA too? So Who knows.

Or it could be a slip up. Guess we will wait and see eh.
 Web Rider
10-25-2008, 3:30 AM
Well, Marko Ragnos was raised too by whats her face in JA too? So Who knows.

Or it could be a slip up. Guess we will wait and see eh.

Indeed, and that other long-dead Sith Lord in the Legacy comics. And Sion had probably been dead for some time. It's hardly a stretch to allow some long-dead villain to come back to life.
 Maphisto86
10-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Uh guys... have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the IGN article has a mistake. I mean the author of said article is probably not a Star Wars fanboy. I have found no other article that mentions Naga Sadow to be the Sith Lord in question. While things are retconned all the time, I highly doubt that Sadow is really this "Sith Emperor".

Last we saw of Sadow, he fled to Yavin IV with what minions he had left at his disposal and was effectively exiled by the other Sith Lords. His fate, while somewhat ambiguous, is that he was found by Dark Jedi Freedon Nadd, who became his apprentice. Sadow was then killed by Nadd before the latter left Yavin IV. It seems more likely that identifying this still nameless "Sith Emperor" as the long dead Naga Sadow was just a misunderstanding on the part of the author. Unless another, more reliable source makes it official, Naga Sadow does not return in the upcoming game, but rather one of his peers.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-27-2008, 5:40 AM
Yeah, I believe they said the same thing on the discussion section of Naga Sadow's page over at Wookieepedia: until it appears on Bioware's website, it isn't true and they aren't using the name.

Personally, I think it would be pretty stupid. Naga Sadow was a crappy excuse for a Dark Lord of the Sith, in my opinion. I wouldn't use a damn thing from Kevin J. Anderson if I were them. That guy can't write to save his life.
 adamqd
10-27-2008, 6:11 AM
Personally, I think it would be pretty stupid. Naga Sadow was a crappy excuse for a Dark Lord of the Sith, in my opinion. I wouldn't use a damn thing from Kevin J. Anderson if I were them. That guy can't write to save his life.

Blasphemy!! :firemad: without said writer's and Characters there would never of been KotOR
 Miltiades
10-27-2008, 9:42 AM
Blasphemy!! :firemad: without said writer's and Characters there would never of been KotOR Will you kill him, or can I? :)

I agree that it could just have been a mistake on IGN's part. It seems unlikely that BioWare would leak that information, even when it's IGN. I'm treating it as a rumor at this moment.
 Lord Foley
10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't use a damn thing from Kevin J. Anderson if I were them. That guy can't write to save his life.

You are pretty much Satan.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-27-2008, 3:45 PM
This is true. I cannot deny this. But that still doesn't change his stories from sucking.

But that's true: Bioware did build on these stories and make them great. Michael A. Stackpole did the same thing with Anderson's terrible Jedi Academy trilogy and produced the most phenomenal Star Wars novel ever, I, Jedi. So I suppose that it's very possible for Bioware to do the same with Naga Sadow.

I hadn't considered that. Thanks. :)

But seriously, how can anyone in their right mind think Anderson's stuff is any good? You people need to read more.
 knight 12167
11-08-2008, 5:20 PM
Prehaps this "Dark Emporor" brought Naga sadow back to life with his dark rituals
 Iron Rose
11-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I think it was a slip up on IGN's part. No where else have I seen mention of Naga Sadow in TOR. Anyways, I'd rather have a new character then a retconned old one.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
11-09-2008, 1:42 AM
:drop2: sadow?! im waiting till BW confirms.
well, imagine if it were true... naga sadow was hailed as the 'greatest of korriban's dark lords' in k1...
 Pwnzor326
11-09-2008, 4:26 PM
Wouldn't Naga Sadow be dead for atleast 2000 years before TOR takes place. I've only read volume 1 on Tales of the Jedi so I only know what happens up to Nomi Sunrider.
 Weiser_Cain
11-09-2008, 6:08 PM
There are ways to get a new body, palpatine runs the concept into the ground.
 TriggerGod
11-09-2008, 7:56 PM
There are ways to get a new body, palpatine runs the concept into the ground.

And Plagieus could escape death.
And on a lesser note, do we know yet who Plagieus' master is? Think about it...

If Sadow really is the new Emperor, he would have had to be able to live for a long time. Sounds like Plagieus' ability, right? Maybe Sadow had an apprentice, and taught him what he knew before he finally died, and this apprentice is Plagieus...
 adamqd
11-10-2008, 4:25 AM
If they ret-con it maybe, but Sidious and Plagieus are from the line of Darth Bane, so making Sadow Plagieus' Master would make the New Sith Wars ret-con and the Rule of two story created to cover George's EU brush off script for AOTC irrelevant
 Blix
11-10-2008, 4:35 PM
The Emperor could just be someone new who had adopted the Sadow or Ragnos sith ways, that doesn't necessarily mean that Naga is really alive.
 TKA-001
11-10-2008, 5:11 PM
As others have said, I think the article saying that this Emperor dude is Sadow is erroneous and should not be considered especially credible unless officially confirmed.
 SW01
11-10-2008, 6:55 PM
As others have said, I think the article saying that this Emperor dude is Sadow is erroneous and should not be considered especially credible unless officially confirmed.

QFT

The article damages itself by its brevity. It rushes events together, leading to an assumption that Sadow was this 'Emperor'. It misses the bit where he gets killed by Freedon Nadd, after all...
 logan23
11-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I believe that it will not be Naga Sadow, but another Sith Lord who survived the Hyperspace war and took the remaining Sith Empire into hiding.

I will make a prediction:

The object which the Sith Emperor is looking for will be connected to Revan's fate and maybe the Exile. During the main quest you will learn what happen to Revan through holocrons or other items. I would not be surprises that Revan shows up as a Force Ghost during the mmo. I believe they plan to wrap Revan's fate along with the item or power which the Sith Emperor seeks.

This will allow you to play a new era in the Old Republic with all new stories and double the fun by giving you hints on what happen to Revan which will go back to the whole psychological debate on what was Revan's plans the whole time. I do believe that Bioware will do a great job in the story and they will not let a great character like Revan go to waste.

Logan
Page: 1 of 1